Chapter 2 (Revised)

Elijah's P.O.V.

I couldn't help, but grit my teeth in annoyance as the sound of glass breaking was sent through the house. Running towards the sound I ended up in the living room, Niklaus arched his arm backwards before he threw a whiskey glass at the wall.Rebekah walked calmly into the room with Kol beside her.

"Nik! What are you doing? Stop!" She started to yell. He continued to break things, but froze as he noticed our presence. He quickly vamp-sped towards Rebekah and pinned her against the wall in a chokehold. Kol and I quickly ran over to them, I pulled Niklaus off of her and threw him across the room while Kol hid Rebekah behind his back. I took a step towards his crumpled figure and noticed unshed tears in his eyes.

"Brother, tell me what has happened. Why did you try to harm our sister?" I tried to ask calmly, without provoking him further. As I spoke Rebekahs name he looked genuinely sad. He walked over to Rebekah shoving Kol to the side before he enveloped Rebekah in a hug.

"I'm sorry sister. Forgive me?" Klaus whispered softly.

"Yes, Nik. I forgive you." She said, trying to figure why he was acting this way; as we all were. Then Nilaus walked over to the liquor cabinet and poured a glass of bourbon, he downed it in one shot then had another. I then walked over to him and asked what we all wanted to know.

"Brother, where have you been?" I asked thinking we had to go clean up after him.

"I was with Caroline." He grunted.

"Good job Nik! You got Barbie." Kol said sarcastically. I looked at the expression on Niklaus' face and looked at Kol and shook my head no. I could tell there was more to the story, so I sat on the couch and said.

"Niklaus what has happened?" When he heard me speak, he poured another glass of bourbon from the liquor cabinet and sat down. He only started to speak as we were all seated.

"I've been staying with Caroline at night for three weeks. I found her in the woods outside of our home then, she wouldn't tell me what happened so I compelled her to do so. She said she was blacking out from Silas, he is tormenting her in her dreams, he's making her think she's doing all these horrible things. Since then, I've been staying with her. She hasn't blacked out, but something happened tonight in her dream. She woke up was calm at first, but I think she started to remember her dream and was crying. She wouldn't tell me what happened, then she told me to leave." He ground out as his eyes glowed with his vampiric form underneath his eyes. I could tell he was about to transform into his wolf form, so I stepped up to him.

"Brother you need to calm down. We will figure out how to stop Silas." I said trying to calm him. But when I saw the look on his face it was sinister, then he said what we all feared.

"No brother. I will kill Silas." Klaus said. When I looked at his face I could see mixed emotions in his face but didn't say, that's when Rebekah spoke.

"You're bloody insane! You can't kill Silas, he's immortal. We need to leave Mystic Falls, now." Rebekah barked in anger.

"Rebekah's right, we need to leave." Kol spoke up. Klaus was in front of Kol and Rebekah in a flash his face was red from anger.

"I will not be a coward! I will stay and kill Silas. If any of you want to help that is fine, but I will not run!" He yelled and then downed two more glasses. When I looked at his face I could see all of his mixed emotions; sadness, regret, and anger. When I looked at Rebekah and Kol, I could see they didn't understand why he as saying this.

"Brother, do you care for Caroline?" I asked calmly, when he didn't answer right away, we knew the answer.

"No, I do not care for Caroline." He said. As he said that we all shared a look knowing he was not telling the truth.

"Well, if you don't care for Caroline, then I have no reason to be here. When you decide to come to terms with your feelings let me know, and I'll help you. Otherwise, I'm leaving. I'll go back to New Orleans." Rebekah said to Klaus.

"I'm with Beka on this. If you have no feelings for her then why help?" Kol said taking Rebekah's side. After they were done talking Klaus ran in front if them and said.

"I will not have my hands forced by you, or anyone else!" He yelled.

"Then we leave tomorrow." Rebekah said evenly and Kol nodded his head. Then they all looked at me and I said.

"I will stay here, not because I'm choosing sides, but because we won't have to run anymore if Silas is dead." I pointed out, but Rebekah said.

"But there's still Father, we have to run from him." She said.

"Yes, that is true. But then we only have him to deal with not both." I said and she nodded her head and said.

"I will think about it over night." She said and both her and Kol went to their rooms. I looked back at Klaus I could tell he was worried, but wouldn't say, so we just sat there in silence.

*********Caroline's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath before hitting the send button.

'Hey. I need to talk to you. I think I'm in trouble.' I sent her. About ten minutes later my phone rang. 'Elena'. When I answered I could hear she was worried, but had tiredness to her voice.

'Care it's early, you're never awake this early! What happened?' She asked scared, but with tiredness to her voice.

"I haven't been telling you the truth, you need to come over here." I whispered trying not to cry.

"Okay. Give me a twenty minutes and I'll be over. Okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said and hung up the phone.