Chapter 22

*Recap

"Caroline!" A voice called and I frowned.

"What do you want Klaus?" I asked sighing tiredly.

"It's not safe outside." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"You aren't safe." I muttered, and he smirked.

"And why is that?" Her asked trying to hide his smirk.

"What do you want?" I glowered at him crossing my arms, and he huffed.

"I'm sorry." He said dejected, and I frowned.

"You're sorry?" I repeated. He nodded while frowning at my questionable tone.

"Is that supposed to make it all okay? I'm supposably from another time, or something and everyone knew besides me, I have to kill Silas, I just want to live a normal life." I exclaimed holding in my tears as I ran my hands through my hair.

"It was another life, love." He said and I frowned.

"I don't understand." I muttered throwing my hands up.

"You'll never live a normal life with me, Love." He said stoically and I sighed as I looked at him

"Klaus, that's not what I mean. I want to be with you, I want us. I just wish everyday we didn't have to fight and kill someone because our lives depend on it." I whispered and he took a step closer to me.

"We may be supernatural, but we will never be utterly invisible, although I do understand. It's almost over, love. We'll go to Japan, Tokyo, France, Italy, Brazil, Greece, everywhere, anywhere you want to go. We'll do it all, we'll always be together, I'll never let you go. I want us to fulfill all your hopes and dreams, love." He whispered cupping my face.

"You'd do that? You'll stay with me?" I whispered in a sob and he held my waist while cupping my cheek staring into my eyes intently.

"I will always choose you, Love. You're beautiful, smart, caring, feisty, and you're the only one that has ever made me want to change myself for the better. You' re the light in my darkness. I'll tell you everyday how beautiful you are and everything I know is perfect about you even after you finally realize it yourself." He whispered and I covered my mouth with a hand as I held in a sob.

"I love you! Do you hear me, Klaus? I'll never stop trying to prove to you that you are worthy of the love I have for you. I know we fight a lot, but I'll never stop fighting, I'll stay by your side until I die. You're so strong, brave, and handsome. You are worthy of life and love. I'll stand by your side as we both find ourselves for the better. I'll be yours as you'll be mine for eternity." I vowed kissing him with a fierceness I didn't know I was capable of. I felt him growl into the kiss and gasped as he backed me up into a tree.

"I'll work everyday until I will be worthy of you. I will change, I want to change, to build a life with you." He confessed between kissing and I sighed.

"I love you, Caroline Forbes, the love of my life, the light to my dark soul, my love." Klaus whispered.