Chapter 19

Does anyone have a bad habit they've never been able to kick? Mine is sucking my thumb but I was just curious if anyone else had a habit?

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

I sniffled as I clung to Lillian while she exited the elevator. I wanted a change, not to go to some stupid store where I had pullups picked out. I whined softly as she carried me towards a street parked car. She opened the door and set me in a booster seat,  buckling me in before getting in the driver's seat.

"I will take my car," Mrs. Diangelo said as she walked down the street a nice looking two door car. 

"Woah. That's a pretty car," I told Lillian as I pointed back to Mrs. Diangelo's car.

"I know but it goes to fast to have little ones in it. That's her 'I'm going to have adult time with no kiddos car,'" Lillian told me making me nod in understanding. 

"I still like it though," I told her as she started the car and pulled out of her parking lot.

"I know. You've told me already," she said as she glanced back at me.

"I'm sorry," I said as I looked down making her reach back and rub my knee.

"I was just stating something, I'm not bothered with it at all," she said. "Besides maybe I can get you a little toy car like that. Y'know the ones you can sit in and drive but they're kids cars," she explained.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," I said as I looked out the window. I started to drift back into a smaller littlespace as I kicked my legs back and forth. "I don't like my pullup. Is all wet," I muttered.

"I know baby," she said as she looked back at me for a second. "Don't worry though, we'll get you changed soon," she said as she smiled before turning her attention back to the road. I nodded and turned my attention back to the window, watching the buildings blur by as she drove. She was clearly a fast driver or I was bad at paying attention but we got there rather quickly.

Once she parked, she got out and came to my door. She opened it and leaned over, unbuckling me and lifting me up. She rested me on her hip and carried me to the mall. We were soon joined by Mrs. Diangelo. "Change?" I asked softly.

"Soon," was all Lillian said making me frown and look at Mrs. Diangelo. I held my arms out and she gladly took me, holding me to her as we went into the mall. I hid my face into her neck as they walked through the mall and went up an escalator. I started to fuss the longer it took for them to help get me to a place where I could be in a fresh pullup. What can I say? I was a brat who wanted what I wanted when I wanted it and not a second after or before I wanted it.

"Shh baby," Mrs. Diangelo said as she bounced me slightly.

"What's your favorite color?" Lillian asked as she reached over and rubbed my back gently. 

"I like blue," I told her as I glanced up and looked at her. 

"Mother, take her to the bathroom. I'll be there in like five minutes with the stuff to change her," Lillian told Mrs. Diangelo who nodded and carried me off. I clung to her as she pushed open a door and carried me into a stall. She pulled something down and laid me on it. I turned slightly to see that she had laid me on an adult sized changing table and turned to look at her with confusion. 

"This place is for little ones just like you," she told me as she rubbed my belly while doing the straps to keep me from moving and rolling off the edge. I whined softly as my wet pullup started to irritate my skin. She hushed me as she tried to calm me down while we waited for Lillian.

"Let me in," Lillian said as she knocked on the stall door. Mrs. Diangelo opened it up and she entered, shutting it and locking behind her. She set a bag down and tugged my dress up.

"I should have done that before buckling her down," Mrs. Diangelo murmured. Lillian rolled her eyes and pulled my pullup down and threw it away quickly. She got out a thing of wipes and wiped me clean. She was thorough about it and shook her head with a frown.

"She's already started getting a rash," she said as she got a tube out and opened it, squeezing some white cream on her finger. She lathered me well with that before putting a diaper underneath me. It was quite cute as it was blue with little clouds and rainbows. She got a thing of baby powder out and liberally sprinkled it before pulling the front of the diaper up and taping it in place.

"I thought you said you were going to get pullups," Mrs. Diangelo said as she unbuckled me and helped me down as Lillian went and washed her hands.

"I was going to but I figured a diaper would be better. She seems to like them more," Lillian said as she happily took me from Mrs. Diangelo who had the bag of changing stuff.

"Well good job knowing your little one," she said as she handed me to Lillian. She kissed my cheek as we exited the bathroom, her bouncing me on her hip.

"Thank you for the change," I said shyly as I kissed her cheek making her smile softly. 

"You are so very welcome," she said while smiling. I brought my thumb up to my mouth and started to suck on it. "That's nasty," she said as she tried to pull my thumb out of my mouth.

"You're nasty," I said as I kept my thumb in my mouth