Chapter 7

Cassidy sighed as she glanced at Mrs. Wolf. "What do you want to talk about?" She asked softly as she straightened up slightly.

"About you being little," Mrs. Wolf said.

"What about it?" Cassidy said as she frowned slightly.

"Do you have a caregiver?" Mrs. Wolf asked as she gently put her hand over Cassidy's.

"Why do you need to know?" Cassidy asked as she pulled her hand away quickly.

"Because I do," Mrs. Wolf said softly.

"No you don't. I don't have to tell you anything," Cassidy said as she crossed her arms.

"Cassidy I want to know for your own safety. I noticed last time you were little, you were quite close to the pool," Mrs. Wolf said.

"You were spying on me?" Cassidy asked as she glared at Mrs. Wolf.

"It's not spying if I happened to look out the window and see you," Mrs. Wolf said as she eyes Cassidy with a small frown. "I know your head hurts but please do not disrespect me," she stated, her tone slightly stern.

"You're not my boss," Cassidy said as she stuck her tongue out. Her headache combined with being tired meant she was starting to slip slightly. When she slipped in situations where she was in pain and/or tired, she started to get fussy.

"I'm not trying to be your boss. I'm trying to be your friend but you're being very rude," Mrs. Wolf said.

"I'm not rude you are," Cassidy said frustratedly as she pouted slightly.

"Mhmm. I think you need a nap baby," Mrs. Wolf said softly.

"I don't need a nap. I'm not a baby," Cassidy protested as she slowly got closer to throwing a fit.

"Okay maybe you don't need a nap. Back to what I was saying. I bring up caregivers because I think you need one. When you're little you can't really look after yourself," Mrs. Wolf said.

"I don't need a stupid caregiver. I'm not a dumb baby. You're stupid and mean and I don't like you coming here cause you're mean," Cassidy said exasperatedly as she slipped fully and started to throw a fit. She was too absorbed in her fit to notice her office door.

"Cassidy Marie Lance, that's enough." Cassidy froze when she heard the voice and looked to the door. She was really regreting having a fit now that two of the biggest law firms owners had seen her especially because one had always been like a mother to her. "Is that how we behave little girl?" Mrs. Lee asked as she entered the room and shut the door.

Cassidy gulped and shook her head, looking down at her lap. All of a sudden it seemed like the most interesting thing to stare at. Shes squirmed in place as she heard the click of heels, showing that the older woman was getting closer. She tensed up when Mrs. Lee tilted her head up with one finger.

"I can't hear nods can I?" Mrs. Lee asked as she frowned down at Cassidy.

"No m..ma'am you can't," Cassidy said as she stared into Mrs. Lee's piercing green eyes.

"Now that that's established. Is throwing fits and calling someone names how we behave?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"No ma'am," Cassidy said as she frowned slightly.

"I'm glad we've established that. Now stand up and march your bottom to that corner," Mrs. Lee said as she pointed with her free hand.

"But..but.." Cassidy stuttered out as she fidgeted slightly.

"The only butt you should be worried about is yours if you don't get moving," Mrs. Lee said making Cassidy's eyes widen. Cassidy scrambled up and headed to the corner, staring at the wall with a small pout.

"How did you do that?" Mrs. Wolf asked.

"Years of practice," Mrs. Lee said as she sat down, crossing one leg over the other. "Besides, I practically raised Cassidy when she was younger. I was her babysitter all of the time and she knows that fits aren't okay," she stated.

"So I made the right call asking you to come up here," Mrs. Wolf said.

"Yes," Mrs. Lee smiled as she glanced over at Cassidy. "It's a good thing I got here when I did or else you'd have a full blown temper tantrum on your hands," she murmured.

"Yes I'm quite glad you arrived when you did. I wasn't quite sure what to do," Mrs. Wolf said.

"Lillian if and when she throws a fit if you can't control it, call me. Put me on speaker and she'll settle right down if I say I'll come over and deal with it if she doesn't listen to you," Mrs. Lee said. Her eyes flickered back to Cassidy in the corner and she waited a few minutes before speaking. "If you come apologize to Mrs. Wolf you can come out of the corner," she said.

Cassidy turned around, tears still falling down her cheeks. She walked over to Mrs. Wolf and paused in front of her. "I'm sorry I was mean and disrespectful to you ma'am," she said, hesitantly meeting the older woman's gaze.

"You're forgiven," Mrs. Wolf said as she smiled softly. Cassidy sighed in relief as she sat down on the floor by Mrs. Lee, hiding her face into her dress.

"Hmm we feeling better now that we got to cry our bad feelings out?" Mrs. Lee asked as she gently rubbed Cassidy's scalp. Cassidy shook her head making the older woman sigh. "Do we need a nap?" She asked.

"No!" Cassidy exclaimed as she looked up at Mrs. Lee with a frown.

"Do we use that tone of voice ever?" Mrs. Lee asked as she frowned.

"No ma'am," Cassidy said she started to cry again, feeling upset she had already gotten in trouble twice.

"Hey no tears angel," Mrs. Lee said as she lifted up Cassidy on to her lap. "Hush darling, I'm not mad Cassie," she cooed rocking back and forth. "You just aren't feeling well at all kitten are you?" she asked.

"No. My head hurts and I'm tired...and I forgot my blankie at home and...and" Cassidy trailed off as she started to cry harder.

"Oh my goodness. You've just had such a bad day," Mrs. Lee murmured as she rubbed Cassidy's back. 'Once she's asleep we can talk,' she mouthed to Mrs. Wolf while cradling Cassidy close.