Chapter 33

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

After a while Lillian tried to convince me to get up since we were leaving. I just sort of stared at her before sitting down, going completely knowing that she would have a hard time picking me up now.

"Come on Cassidy," she said as she slipped her hands under my arms and tried to pull me up. I shook my head as I leaned back until she gave up and let go of me. I smiled as I looked at Jackson who was currently doing the same thing to Indigo.

"Jackson, we are leaving right now," Indigo said. "You can stay here if you would like but we'll just leave," she stated as she grabbed Lillian's hand and started to pull her towards the park entrance while whispering to her.

Jackson and I watched them get quite far away before we both reluctantly got up and followed after them. We followed them at a distance as we looked at each other with confusion.

"Are they really going to leave us?" Jackson asked. I shrugged as I chewed on my bottom lip while furrowing my eyebrows. I squealed when I was suddenly picked up and turned my head to see Mrs. Lee who raised an eyebrow at my squeal.

"You scared me," I whined as I clung to her top with a small pout. "That was mean," I muttered as I rested my head on her chest.

"Alright well maybe you should have went with Lillian when she tried to get you to come home and I wouldn't have had to sneak up on you to pick you up," she stated. "Now we are going. Would you like to walk or shall I carry you to the car?" she asked.

"I can walk," I sulked as I crossed my arms. She sat me down and I walked next to Jackson for a little bit before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the play structure. We scrambled up it with a small giggle escaping my lips. "I don't want to go home yet," I said as I climbed to the top of the play structure, leaning against the railing.

"Cassidy, get down here right now," Mrs. Lee said. 

"No thank you Grana. I am happy up here," I said as I smiled softly with a grin on my lips. "You can go though," I said as I waved at her.

"If i have to come up there Cassidy, we will never go to the park again," she said, making me frown as I looked at her.

"You're fibbing," I said as I huffed softly while looking at Jackson. He shrugged as he hesitantly peeked over the railing.

"I am not fibbing," Mrs. Lee said as she looked me in the eyes. I frowned as I stomped my foot slightly.

"We have to go down," I muttered as Jackson nodded. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the slides. We sat down and slid down together with a small giggle escaping him when we got to the bottom. I trudged over to Mrs. Lee who picked me up. "You're mean," I said as I scuffed my shoes on the ground.

"I know, I'm so mean," she cooed as she kissed my cheek. "The next time you decide to act up and not want to leave the park, I promise that you will be in a timeout for ten whole minutes," she stated. My eyes widened and I shook my head with a frown on my lips.

"No way. That's way too long," I whined as I crossed my arms over my chest. "I like my mommy better than you Grana, she isn't mean to me like you are," I said as I sulked slightly.

"I am so much nicer than your mommy will ever be. I actually give you candy and your mommy is a health fanatic," she said. 

"No she isn't," I shook my head with a frown on my lips. "Is she really?" I asked quietly as I picked at the small little pieces of lint on her top.

"Maybe she is, maybe she isn't," she stated as she patted my bottom. I sulked as I cuddled into her, my head resting on her shoulder. She used her free hand to hold Jackson's hand as she led us to the park exit. I smiled when I saw Lillian and reached for, making her gently take me from Mrs. Lee.

"Well hello to you baby," Lillian cooed as she kissed my cheek. I kissed her cheek with a small smile on my lips.

"Are you a health fanatic?" I asked, making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Who told you that?" she questioned.

"Grana did," I said as I played with her hair. 

"I am not a health fanatic so don't listen to what Grana tells you. She is not a very good truther," she informed me, making me nod.

"Grana is not a truther," I said with a small smile on my lips. 

"I should probably be getting Jackson home now. My partner doesn't know that I decided to take him to the park today and they'll be jealous that they didn't get to take him today," Indigo said as she took Jackson's hand. Jackson sulked as he waved goodbye while clinging to her slightly.

"What about me and Cassidy having a playdate?" he asked with a whine as he tugged on her sleeve.

"I gave Cassidy's mommy my number so we'll have a playdate whenever we all have time too," Indigo said as she gently ran her fingers through his hair. "Now say goodbye," she cooed.

"Goodbye," he said with a small frown on his lips. 

"Bye bye," I waved with a small sulk as Indigo and Jackson left. "I thought we was going to have a picnic?" I questioned Lillian with a pout.

"We will but something came up. Grana and I have to go to a meeting so we'll set up a picnic in Grana's office. You can watch a movie and have a picnic and we'll get you some ice cream if you're good too," she said as she gently rubbed my back. 

"You won't be there though," I muttered as I huffed. "Can I watch whatever movie I wanted?" I questioned, making her nod. I smiled mischievously as a giggle escaped me.

"Good job," Mrs. Lee muttered as she led me to the car with a soft sigh. I giggled at the sigh of defeat that escaped her.

If I were to have a nonbinary caregiver, what do you think their little would call them?