Chapter 11

*Cassidy's P.O.V*
I parked my car in the visitor parking out front of their business. I sighed softly as I got out of the car. I made sure to lock it before heading inside. I heistantly approached the front desk.

"Uh..I'm here to see Mrs. Wolf," I said to the secretary who looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"Most people want to see her but unless you have an appointment you're not getting in," the secretary said.

"She knows I'm coming," I said. "You can ask her," I stated with a small frown.

"I'm not going interrupt her, she's a very busy woman," the secretary replied. I huffed softly as I turned to leave, gasping when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized as I backed up slightly.

"It's fine darling," the person said. Their voice had a soft hint of an accent. I looked up studying the person. She was a beautiful woman with long blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

"Mrs. Diangelo, I'm sorry that this ruffian bumped into you," the secretary said.

I looked down as tears filled my eyes. This secretary was mean and made me feel upset. I felt the woman, Mrs. Diangelo, rest her hand on my shoulder.

"She's fine. In fact she was just going to accompany me upstairs," she said as she gently took my hand and led me to the elevator, ignoring any spluttering protests from the secretary. I sniffled softly as I used my free hand to wipe my eyes.

"Thank you miss," I said softly once we got into the elevator. She smiled as she let go of my hand for a second to press a button on the elevator.

"You're welcome angel. What floor are you going to?" She asked making me frown slightly as I realized I didn't know.

"I don't know. I'm supposed to go see Mrs. Wolf," I said softly. She smiled and nodded her head.

"I know where her office is," she said making me snile. "I'll take you there," she offered.

"Really? Thank you," I beamed happily at her making her chuckle softly.

"You're welcome," she said. "Why are you going to see Mrs. Wolf?" She asked as she leaned against the elevator wall.

"I told her I would come to her office," I said. "She said she wanted me to come to her house later but I had finished work so I just said I'd come here," I explained making the woman nod.

"You talk a lot huh doll?" She asked making me frown.

"I'm sorry, I'll be quiet," I said as I looked at the floor.

"Never said talking a lot was bad," she snorted. "Never apolgize for being yourself," she said.

"Okay," I said as the elevator door open. She grabbed my hand and led me out of the elevator. She led me to an office door and opened the door, not bothering knocking.

"Knockity knockity," she called out as she entered the office, shutting the door once she got me into the room

"Could have knocked," Mrs. Wolf's called out. "Oh hello darling," she said when she spotted me. "Come here," she said as she smiled at me.

"Hi," I walked over to her and blushed as she pulled me into her lap.

"I'm glad you got here," she murmured as she kissed my forehead. I smiled as I looked up at her.

"Did I miss something?" Mrs. Diangelo asked.

"Mother it's nice to see you. What brings you down here?" Mrs. Wolf asked. My eyes widened slightly and I hid my face into her neck.

"Amelia contacted me," Mrs. Diangelo said sounding not happy.

"Oh. I can't believe she actually snitched me out," Mrs. Wolf whispered as she rubbed my back.

"Yeah, she sold you out," Mrs. Diangelo said. "Now what's going on with you and her?" She asked.

"Um... This is Cassidy Lance. I'm going to be taking care of her so she gets more time to be little," Mrs. Wolf explained.

"Cassidy Lance? I've heard that name around the office before," Mrs. Diangelo said. "Well just so you know, your secretary didn't believe that you were expecting her and refused to contact you. When Ms. Lance turned around she bumped into me and your secretary called her a ruffian," she stated making me whine softly while pressing into Mrs. Wolf.

"Hush darling," Mrs. Wolf said as she scratched my back. "Thank you for telling me. I know this little one wouldn't have," she stated.

"You don't know that," I said as I pouted up at her. She looked down at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Would you have told me?" She asked. I blushed as I looked away with a small huff. "Thought so," she said.

"You're rude," I said as I crossed my arms.

"How am I rude?" She asked with a small smile.

"You didn't say goodbye after we talked on the phone," I said as I got off her lap.

"I already said sorry," she scoffed.

"Still rude," I said as I walked around her desk, gasping when Mrs. Diangelo picked me up.

"You seem fussy little one," she said making my eyes narrow.

"I'm not fussy," I argued while squirming to get down. I wasn't little but I felt like slipping at any moment.

"Yes you are," she cooed. "I think you need a nap," she suggested which made me slip. Her voice was just so soothing and little me wanted back out.

"Do not. I already had one, ask Lillian," I whined as she sat me down. I ran back to Mrs. Wolf, sitting on her lap.

"This is why James doesn't allow you around his little, you always trigger his little into slipping," she sighed. "I know you had a nap darling, she was just kidding," she stated.

"Good cause I only take one nap a day," I said with a small smile as I leaned into her. "You takin' care of me tonight?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Yes I am," she cooed as she gently rubbed my back, kissing my forehead.