Chapter 43

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

Mommy was taking forever with answering the door so I finally got up to go spy on her. Grana let me get up but she told me not to interrupt Mommy if she was having a conversation. I rolled my eyes at her warning, thankful that she couldn't see it or else she would have got onto me.

I crept down the hall, pouting slightly when I noticed that I couldn't spy on whoever was at the door. She glanced at me when I inched closer, leaning against the side of the door frame that was closest to me. I moved behind her, peeking over her shoulder.

My eyes widened when I saw who was at the door. I jerked on her sleeve but Mommy just pulled her arm away from me. They were discussing directions to get to some place. I whined softly as I tugged at her sleeve with a small frown.

"Darling go see Grana," Mommy said simply without looking at me. I whined, stomping my foot before I ran back to Grana. I threw myself onto her lap, making her umph as she wrapped her arms around me.

"What's wrong darling?" Grana asked. I shook my head as I pressed my face into her shoulder. I whined softly as I pointed towards the direction of the door.

"'oor," I whispered softly, finding it hard to speak all of the sudden. She tried to lift my head up but I simply pushed my head farther into her shoulder.

"Cassidy Lance, use your words for me please," Grana begged softly. I shook my head as I sniffled, only allowing her to pull me away when Mommy came back.

"Cassidy, you can't interrupt me when I'm talking to someone at the door," Mommy said softly. I peeked out to look at her for a moment before frowning. I grabbed a pillow, launching it at her. "Cassidy," she said as she put her hands on her hips.

"'oor," I said simply before I turned to bury my head back in Grana's shoulder.

"It was just someone asking for directions, what's bothering you so much?" Mommy asked as I felt Grana shift slightly and then felt Mommy sitting next to us.

"Dylan," I said simply as I looked up at Grana. She frowned slightly, tightening her grip when the realization sank in.

"Lillian, did the person at the door have long brown hair and a goatee?" Grana asked. I glanced at Mommy who pulled her phone out. I whined, trying to swat it out of her hand. She didn't need to look at her phone, she needed to answer Grana's question.

"Cassidy, I'm trying to look at my security footage," Mommy said as she pushed my hand away. She went through her phone for a moment before turning it towards Grana. "Yeah he did, why?" She asked even when Grana took the phone from her hand.

"It's her brother," Grana said simply. I huffed as I looked at her. Obviously I already knew that, why was that a surprise to them? Hadn't they known that's what I was trying to tell him that the whole time. They shared a secret look, one that meant that I was soon going to be excused from the conversation.

"Is that what you were trying to tell me earlier when you were tugging on my sleeve?" Mommy asked as she took me from Grana, setting me onto her lap.

"'es," I whined softly as I pouted. Adults were so silly, they never understood things. It wasn't my fault that they were so oblivious all the time.

"I'm sorry baby, I thought you just wanted something," Mommy said as she pressed a kiss to my forehead. I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"'our fault," I muttered simply as I turned around on her lap, swinging my legs slightly.

"I know baby, can you forgive me?" Mommy asked simply.

"I want dessert before I forgive," I informed her. She chuckled softly as she kissed the back of my head.

"Sure baby, you can have dessert tonight. Why don't you go play while Grana and I have a big girl talk?" Mommy asked. I nodded as I slid off her lap, going to leave the room. "Stay in the house, I'm serious," she warned me. "There's a playroom right next to the kitchen," she informed me.

I continued to skip out of the room, smiling slightly when I opened the door next to the kitchen. It was quite large and there were so many different toys to play with. I skipped into the room, immediately zoning in on the giant teddy bear. I pulled it away from the wall, giggling as I sat down with it.

I found a tea set to play with and set it up, dragging the teddy bear over to it. I liked the room a lot, it was like the perfect playroom and it was all mine. We played tea for a bit, me and the giant teddy. I was happily playing until the door to the playroom was knocked on. I turned to look, scrambling up when I saw who it was.

"Daddy," I said as I launched myself at him, giggling when he lifted me up. He spun me around for a moment before he sat me down.

"What is my princess doing on her own? Where's your mommy?" he asked me.

"Living room, talking to Grana," I told him. He bounced me on his hip slightly as he carried me to the living room.

"Your dog friend is outside with the girls," he informed me. I huffed at the thought of going outside, cuddling up to him as I pressed my head into the crook of his neck. "What's wrong angel?" he asked as he rested his hand on the back of my head.

"Her brother came to the door earlier," Mommy said. I whined at the reminder, whining softly as I cuddled further into Daddy.

"Oh angel, don't worry. Mommy and Daddy won't let anything happen to you," he promised as he held me close.