Chapter 47

*Cassidy's P.O.V*

When I woke up, it was so bright. It actually hurt my eyes and I tried to turn over to hide my face. It caused immense pain to move and I whimpered softly, the memories from earlier flooding back. I had to let my eyes adjust to the light for a moment and I realized I was in a hospital room.

My mouth felt dry and I looked around for water, trying to reach for it. A hand beat me to it and I realized that there was a nurse in the room with me. She brought the cup closer to me, my lips wrapping around the straw. I sipped from it, the water trickling down my throat and bringing relief.

When I pulled away, my breathing had picked up slightly. I was kind of panicking, she was a stranger and I really wanted Lillian. I whimpered softly as the nurse set the water back down, seeming to watch me.

"Where is Lillian?" I asked quietly, my voice breaking. I needed either Lillian or Markus, I had to have one or the other to feel safe.

"She's down in the lobby," the woman said. April, that was what her name tag said. It was a pretty name was all I could think. "Would you like me to let them know they can come up?" she questioned.

"Yes," I whispered. My voice was so unsteady, nothing like it usually was. April left the room for a little while and suddenly Lillian walked in. I whimpered softly as I reached for her, feeling myself very close to slipping. I felt very small at the moment, I just wanted to be held.

"Hello darling," Lillian whispered as she walked around to the other side of the bed, kissing the top of my head. I leaned my head onto her shoulder, relishing the smell of her perfume. I realized why she had walked to the other side when I felt a tug on my arm. There was an IV in my hand.

"Don't like needles Lili," I whimpered into her shoulder as Markus walked in. I reached out my hand with the IV in it, making a grabby hand. My other hand had latched onto Lillian's pajama top. I could see light coming in through the window of the hospital room so I knew that it was late in the day. It had been the middle of the night when everything happened or at least I had thought it had been.

"Maybe we can get the nice nurse to put a sticker on your tape," Lillian suggested as she kissed the top of my head. I nodded, that would be nice. Maybe I could have a butterfly or something on it.

"What happened? I mean, I know I got shot," I whispered as I looked down. I couldn't see my stomach because of my hospital gown but the fabric covered it. That was all for the best I suppose, I didn't really want to see the wound on my stomach anyhow.

"Well obviously we rushed you to the hospital," Markus said. I noticed he still had a shirt on now, it looked like it was a jacket to a suit that he had made button up. You could still see part of his chest and stomach though. "You had emergency surgery, it went well from what the doctor told us. That's all he could tell us cause we weren't family," he stated.

"But you are," I muttered with a small pout as I fiddled with Lillian's shirt.

"But not biologically baby. With no blood relation we can't really be told much. Not unless you tell the doctor that he can tell us something," Lillian stated as she ran a hand through my hair.

"I tell him when I see him," I whispered softly. I nuzzled into her, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep. I doubted that I would fall back asleep so easily.

"The police came by the house, they found a little device by the door. They said that was probably what disabled the security system," Markus said as he sat on the edge of the hospital bed. I could see the question in his eye.

"Dylan was always good with electronics," I murmured. "He used to take apart the family computer when we were younger and stole some parts from different things that he found. First thing he made was a makeshift taser. Son of a bitch hurt," I said.

"Language," Lillian said lightly as she tilted my head up by using one of her fingers. I pouted at her words, sticking my tongue out at her. My stomach hurt when I moved, my entire body seeming to be racked with pain.

"I wanna go to sleep, Lili, my tummy hurt," I whispered as I laid back. The room felt cold and I liked it. I snuggled into the bed, sighing contently. Lillian gently kissed my cheek before moving to sit on the couch. Markus was still with me and I looked at him curiously.

"I saw the drawing you did on the wall princess," Markus stated. I flushed at his words, having forgotten about that. I hid my face with my arm, peeking out to see him smiling softly. "Do you want to see something?" he asked as he pulled out his phone.

I scooted a little closer, not even taking notice that April had come back to my room. He pulled up a white background. He pressed play and I watched as a stop motion video played out. He had taken my drawing and brought it to life, making the people move as well as the grass and sun.

I giggled softly as I watched it play out. He wasn't very good at drawing people so they were all stick figures but that was fine. Markus tried to take his phone back when I was done but I swatted his hand away with a frown. I turned away slightly, making the video play again.

"You're not getting your phone back Markus," Lillian chuckled. I nodded my head slightly in agreement and I heard Markus sigh as he stood up.

"Brat," he said fondly as he ruffled my hair before moving to sit with Lillian.