Polnareff tells you a story

Still six in this one... yeah. It takes place maybe five months later. Also if you want to get the feels (maybe, I dunno) listen to Goodbye Nostalgia while reading this.

The first (f/c) is favorite cookie but the rest are your favorite color

After You swore for the first time-

After Mista has decided to come out of the futon, Abbacchio busted his kneecaps and Giorno had to use Golden Experience to fix them. Mista had a hard time walking because the pain was still in effect, so Giorno helped him get around for a few days. During this time, you would hang out with Mista without Mama Bruno and Abbacchio knowing. They never found out that you were hanging out with the guy who said the naughty F word.

To the story now-

It was 8:00 p.m. and the sun had already set. The night sky glimmered with small stars shining brightly. It was like a dark veil was put over a box, but the box had little holes poked out all over the top, barely revealing a glorious light through the many holes. The sky's rim was black and faded up like ombré to a dark blue.

You were running from Abbacchio because he was trying to put you to bed. Your legs carried you as fast as they could run, but Abbacchio, being a gangster, was a fast (f/c) cookie. You dodged Trish as she attempted to grab you. Bucciarati came out from the floor and stood in front of you. You turned right and into the mini garden. Narancia was using Aerosmith to track where you were while you grabbed Mr. Polnareff. 

You jumped over the small flower patch and slid under a stone bench. You were inside of Mr. Polneraff now, and sitting on the couch. His spirit looked at you.

"(Y/n), you really do need your sleep."

"But I don't wanna!"

"Will you sleep if I tell you a story?"

You looked over, your face debating wether you should accept or not. "Fine". You sat in front of him, waiting for a new, dazzling, interesting, story. 

He told you about how the Stardust Crusaders saved him from DIO's grasp. He told you about the many fights they fought. He told you about Noriaki Kakyoin, and Death 13. He told you about how nobody believed Kakyoin when he told them that the baby was a stand user. He told you about how Kakyoin was brutally punched through his abdomen, and died getting a message to Mr. Joestar. He told you about his personality and his hair. His earrings, and his emerald uniform. 

By the end of his two stories, you had tears in your eyes. A singular, clear, shining, tear dripped form your eye and rolled down your soft cheek. You wiped it away and stumbled over to Polnareff. 

He opened his arms, and let you sit in his ghost lap. He hugged you carefully, trying to comfort you. Poor Polnareff wanted you to go to bed, not cry. Tears were forming in his eyes, as the dreadful thought came back to him. 

After Polnareff had recovered in a hospital, Mr. Joestar, Jotaro, and him, went to go recover Kakyoin's body. Polnareff had been grieving when they were on their way to recover the body, but seeing it made it so much worse.

Poor Kakyoin's violet eyes were lifeless and gray. Dried crimson blood was all over his body. Clearly his body had been bleeding the last of it's blood overnight. His gorgeous strawberry hair had been ruffled and covered in blood. His hair curl was lifeless and seemed to have a gray lifeless aura. His green uniform had been mangled. The sleeve had been torn halfway at the shoulder, and his glasses that were in his pocket had shattered and had fallen out of his pocket onto the cold floor. But his abdomen...his abdomen had a giant hole punched through it. His entrails poked out of the back of the wound, and crimson blood was splattered around it, and the sun was shining on his lifeless, cold body. There was no reflection in his eyes, and his body was cold and stiff. 

When Polnareff saw him, he fell to his knees. Tears formed in his eyes and poured out without him even flinching. He knelt there, in awe. Sad noises were escaping from him as he painfully whispered "Kakyoin...".

Jotaro's fists were clenched, and he was slightly biting his lip. Mr. Joestar was standing there, with much grief in his eyes. Their friend, was dead.

Jean Pierre crawled over to Kakyoin. He reached out his arms to feel his lifeless friend. He picked  up Kakyoin's chest and put it in his lap. He held on tight, as he sobbed. His dejected groans for his friend were uncontrollable. And finally, with one more sob, he sobbed into the sky. 

"KAKYOIN!!!..." He grew quiet as Jotaro placed a hand on his shoulder. Obviously acting tough, just like he always had. 

"He's gone, Polnareff." His voice was struggling not to break. He was trying to stay calm and tough. He was trying not to cry. But Polnareff knew tears would flow from his eyes the second he was alone. 

Star Platinum picked up the body, and carried it. The grief had struck Polnareff's heart, and a scar remained there forever more. The memory faded as Polnareff let a singular tear fall.

"I know, (y/n), I know."

"H-he sounded like a-a nice frie-nd." You sobbed.

"He was that, and more."

You hung onto him, hugging him, wondering who you were crying for. Were you crying for yourself, or for Polnareff and Kakyoin? You couldn't stay on that topic when you were sniffing and sobbing. 

Crying yourself to sleep, Polnareff sat there, watching you. You were so young, and innocent. So... peaceful. He wanted to be there for you when you needed him. He wasn't your dad, but he still wanted to help you in life, and help you avoid the mistakes he made in life. 

Abbacchio finally found you. He entered Polnareff's turtle and saw him, sitting there with you, sleeping. He walked over and sat on the couch. 

"How did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"How did you get her to sleep?"

"Oh... uhm. Well, I told her a story about a friend of mine."

Abbacchio looked surprised. He asked if Polnareff could watch her for the night. He quickly agreed and stood up to put you on the couch (he a ghosty boi now so he can walk cause I want him to). He sat down and positioned you so that you were leaning on his shoulder. You were sound asleep.

"Tch, it's a good thing you're good with kids. Giorno's got plenty of missions for the gang. You'll be watching her more often," Abbacchio said from behind Polnareff. 

"Hm, we'll get along just fine," Polnareff stroked your head with his spectral hand. The room was quiet, and peaceful. Abbacchio said his farewells and left the turtle. 

"I think you'd like her Kakyoin..." he said to himself.

"You two would have gotten along just fine..."

"If...if only you were still here."

A final lash of heartache slashed across his heart, as he drifted off to the dream world. He dreamt of his dead friend often, and what might have happened, if Dio hadn't murdered him. He dreamt that he was there, with them. Like a spirit, sitting next to him, a spirit, comforting his pain. Or maybe, it wasn't a dream.