Chapter 31: Closure

CHAPTER 31 – Closure.

*Caution: Chapter contains detailed violence*

Junior’s POV

Relief washed over me as we all witnessed Lei saving our village from being hit by two silver nuclear bombs. Now that there are no missiles, or tanks but debris, the second wave of hunters were now charging towards us with menacing war cries.

“Alex, report”- I linked my beta after twisting the head off one of the hunters.

“We’ve lost seven of our brothers from the northern village pack Alpha, and 6 from the north western village. Thankfully, we’ve lost none from our pack”- Alex reported back.

After hearing that update my eyes closed and my head fell in grief. I know this is a war, and people die. But it’s never easy hearing any of men losing their lives.

“We end this. Now.” I finally responded out loud. “For our fallen comrades and for all our fallen villages!! Now heads up pack, here comes round two

Keeping myself positioned in the middle of the clearing, my eyes immediately zoomed in on a hunter that was fast approaching directly at alone.

The closer he got, the more vicious the snarls ripped from the back of my throat; I’m looking forward to ripping this fool to shreds.

MATE! MATE! DANGER! DANGER! – my wolf suddenly tugged at me in panic

Without hesitation I immediately turn to look back to the roof where Maleiata was standing, or was suppose to be standing. At this point I was now fully neglecting everything around me, and the hunter that was fast approaching.

“Where is she?”- my wolf barked in fear of his mate.

Anxiety and panic instantly consumed me until I saw that Lei’s body had been launched off the roof and with a loud thump, landed heavily on the ground.

With an involuntary growl escaping my lips, every muscle within my body tensed up as I saw that the culprit was none other than the sad excuse for a wolf, Nicolas; who was now chuckling the dead bastard!

Not knowing that I was frozen in panic, I became oblivious to the hunter who was about to strike me when he was instantly flung a few feet away from me as a result from Malakai’s quick response.

“You go check on her, I got you covered”- Malakai boldly encouraged, and without further ado I did as he said and headed straight for my mate in one quick haste.

Ignoring all that was happening around us, I kneeled at Lei’s side and place my body between her and the clearing, shielding her from the chaos.

Her hazel eyes were the first thing I noticed. She had eyes that once had such depth, look blank but with have no trace of fear in them.