Chapter 28: Surprise

Maleiata's POV

3 hours later and I still hadn't seen Junior since he left me in the dining room. I guess all of his attention was now best focused on helping our neighbouring packs settle onto his land and getting acquainted with the battle plan.

I noticed how within the space of 30 minutes the mood of the mansion had changed quickly; instead of sensing the carefree peacefulness we all once felt at breakfast it was replaced by fear. Right now as I stare around me at the busybodies preparing for war, it seemed that everyone besides me had their own assigned duties to tend do.

So instead of staying in the dining room I blocked myself from the mind link and went for walk to wrestle with my unresolved anger away from the pack house. 10 minutes later I found myself back at Uncle Mason's house, in his basement and headed straight to our boxing bag where I let out fast and furious punches ...

*Jab- Cross- Hook- Hook - Jab*

.... 'I Can't believe how selfish they're being'...

*Knee- Jab- Jab- Jab- Hook*

.... My mate is such a dick! ...

*Jab - Cross - Jab - Cross - Hook -Hook*

.... How I'd love to punch their faces in right now ...

*Hook - Hook - Jab - Cross - Hook* and in one final swift move, I kicked the bag so that it flew off its hinges across the room hitting the wall so hard that it left a huge crack.

.... I Should've never accepted him in the first place ...

'Grrrrrrr'

Interrupting my train of thought was my wolf who growled at me as soon as those thoughts churned, letting me know that it was now I who was being selfish....

I let moments pass until the rage subsided and finally I surrendered that angst and let my hands drop in defeat. I knew she was right and in a way I'm glad she just called me out on my foolish thinking. I love Junior, even when he's being a total pain the ass. As much as I secretly wanted for him to come after me so that we can grovel and forgive each other like normal cute couples would, I knew all too well that we both had way to much pride and stubbornness to do so.

"Oh come on" my wolf retorted, "we're not that pathetic"

"Blame my humanity"- I replied to her

"I am rolling my eyes at you right now. You've put up with worse and it's never stopped you from doing what you want before. Come on Lei, you are the Warrior of Light. You always said that Our race comes first, I'm holding you to that right now"- she barked

I smiled at her feeling grateful for finally opening my eyes.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ABS- OLUTELY EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!! "- a voice from behind me snatched me out of my head ...

I turn to see my very pissed off sister Mina, who had her hands placed at the hips with Attitude.

"Well I apparently don't need to do anything around here but just fight with our combat team so I'm chillin ...." I started responding

"Dude do you know how mad your mate is? He's been looking everywhere for you, it's annoying everyone Can you go and deal with your mutt before I or one of our pissed off brothers put him down?!...." - Mina shouted aggressively at me

"So what's stopping you?"- I roll my eyes

"Oh no you don't ... Don't you dare joke when I'm pissed off at you and why hell would you block yourself from the mind liii ...."

I covered her mouth just before she could finish her sentence. Her glare continued to stay on my face

"Stop", I quickly shushed her. "I'm sorry ok, but I just had to get out"

"Look I get it but ..."- she began

"No you don't. Junior's strategic capacity is clouded at the moment and because of that we're all going to pretty much die. Yes, he needs me protected but this plan is unrealistic"- I explained.

"So what are you going to do? You know Junior won't met you use your powers"- Curiosity began to show "What are you planning?"

"I need you to take our younger siblings and all the other children and mothers from the villages to our dungeon basement, back at our old home where we hid before. And stay with them until the fight is over. Can you do that for me?"

"Yeah of course. Wow, we haven't been back home since..."- I nodded immediately knowing that she was referring to the attack that killed our father.

"So, what are you going to do?"- Mina asked

"I'm going to fight in the clearing with with everyone else after I rid of the tanks and the hunters hidden in the Forrest"

"You know junior's not going to like that"- Mina began to rebuke

"Junior's got bigger things to worry about. I'm going to be fine, please trust me on this"- I pleaded

Before she could reply she paused and by the serious expression she had on her face she was being mind linked. After moments past she hadn't moved and my wolf started to feel uneasy.

"Mina?"

......

Ugh screw it I thought and finally opened my mind back to the pack link.

".... everyone be on alert. Sky scanning images spotted the hunters only 20 minutes away, I repeat 20 minutes away this is not a joke- my little brother Michael (the Tech Geek) reported"

"Everyone get ready, Beta get your team to the neck of the woods, everyone else follow through pursuit as planned"- my mate ordered

"Yes Alpha"- everyone else replied.

"MALEIATA GET YOUR ASS HERE NOW BEFORE I COME THERE AND GET YOU MYSELF" my outraged mate and his wolf growled

Ignoring his command I turn back to an unfrozen Mina and hugged her.

"You know what to do and be safe. I love you"- I whispered in her ear

Our grip around each other tightened quickly.

"I love you too sis"- She whispered before pulling back from our embrace.

She then gave me a confident smile and started walking out.

"We're going to give em hell"- my wolf smiled

------------------------------------

Updated 20 October 2014

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry for the slow update. I'm really pushing past this studies writers block. Only 3 chapters to go!!!

Thank you for being patient with me! I mean that sincerely. And I hope you found this a good read. It hadn't been edited so please excuse errors.

Hope your all well! So till next time, stay beautiful and take it easy.

Much Love,

Me.