Chapter 19: My Mate's Promise

Chapter 19: My Mates Promise

Maleiata’s POV

As soon as his lips touched mine 2 things started to happen.

One.

My wolf started yelping and howled in sheer and utter excitement. She’s longed for the day to finally be in the arms of her one and only, and who’d knew today was going to be that day.

When he said that one word … “Mine”…. it was like he touched my soul and for once my wolf and my heart was in sync.

It also wasn’t hard to miss where he placed his hands on my body. The way his fingers dug into my skin in desperation and pulled me into his chest sent chilling, electrifying sensations all over my body.

And Two.

My brain (Thank heavens) kept me grounded in reality, not forgetting how much of a dick he’s been since day 1 and just having heard he’s been fucking two other she-wolf groupies. My anger came back and started to build up again.

With these two thoughts running chaotically through my mind, it’s what made this moment so sobering and all the more easier to abstain. And as much as my wolf hated, I didn’t kiss him back nor did I wrap my arms around him.

It wasn’t until the next 5 seconds that I ran him straight into my wall and firmly held him back and away from me.

Staring him dead straight in those deep brown eyes I saw from his reaction a mixture of hurt, anger and confusion; his eyes wandering frantically around my face to try and read me but I kept composed and neutral.

 “Now let’s make one thing clear……”  I growled … “You? ….. don’t get to touch me”- Seething through my teeth now, I shoved him back into the wall again, still growling.

“YOU ARE MINE!”- he growled back and tried to break free from my hold, but it didn’t budge.

From what he said I felt an unusual force building up in my chest and all of a sudden, I began to laugh.

“What the hell are you laughing at?”- he roared.

“You. You’re absolutely absurd if you think I’m just going to fall into arms and let you have your way. YOU MAKE ME SICK”- I sobered up and walked back to lean on my balcony rail and cross my arms.

With every step I took I saw his eyes widen with anger and took a couple of steps forward.

“How is it that you’re the one to be angry right now when you’ve kept this from me?! You knew I was your mate you never said shit!”- Junior was seething through his canines and pointing his finger at me.

“I didn’t have a choice! And I’m glad I didn’t!”- I shouted back at him, when in that instance, hurt covered his face.

The hurt that spread across his face left a deep imprint in my heart as well as my wolf’s.

“You know …. I can see being Princess can make you a real bitch. Is this a class thing? What am I a commoner to you?”- he began to sound arrogant again

“Its got nothing to do with that”- I replied matching his tone with just as much spite

“What, is being a warrior made you this heartless?”- he continues.

I ignored what he said knowing that he’s convicted me in a way.

It’s not that being a Lycan Warrior has made me emotionless to everything; I’ve just sworn to devote my life to service, to protect my race regardless how I felt, whether I was injured or hurt.