Chapter 11: The Truth

Maleiata's POV

"Look all of this can be over. Just tell me where the freak is"- Nicolas snarled.

I was lying faced down in a pool of glass and in my own blood. My breathing staggered. My limps felt numb. My wolf was wincing in pain and defeat, we were too weak to shift. Mum's dieing wish for me was to protect Will. If I'm absolutely certain about something- It was mums judgement.

Finally managing to get myself on my hands and knees in which was still shaking. I raised head to see his face as I replied.

"go screw yourself you moronic f***"- I firmly said with trembling lips. My wolf was barking now for me to get up. She knew I wasnt going to allow him to walk all over us. She started nudging me to stand but my limbs were still so weak.

Simultaneously, Rage consumed his eyes and snarled murderously down at me kicking my in the gut and causing me to back into the broken mirror.

"insolance!"-  he sneered and in a matter of seconds he stood at my side, grabbed a hold of my neck again and threw me a couple of yards out of my window.

As I was slicing through the air, I felt my body shut down on me. My sight was fading into black, my hearing started echoing and loud rings rang. And suddenly the sharp pain that was in my head for weeks had turned up its voltage ten times worse.

As my body finally landed, it thumped hard onto the ground just at the edge of the cliff.

Laying on my side and facing the direction I flew from, I looked back to see Mason's house blurring out and a flying figure darting right towards me. Feeling as if these were my final moments, all blocks and shields I had up were gone and the last thing I remembered was numerous voices shouting through the packs mind link.

"LEI!!!" - think it sounded like Mina

"Hold on Sis we got you!!!"- another familiar voice whom sounded like my older brother Manu

"HANG IN THERE SIS!"- Marley screamed at me.

"DON'T YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES! DO YOU HEAR ME TWINNY!?"- Malakai panicked with heartfelt love and concern. 

As soon as I heard his voice something shifted in me. It was like my heart has been rebooted shifted into a different gear. I dont know how to explain it but it felt surreal. Warmth starting filling in me. Sensing my family again and the close connection I once felt brought so much joy to me at that moment. All I could do was smile into the oblivion as my body failed to respond.

I called for my wolf - but she was wincing weakly at the heavy blow we took.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malakai's POV

I couldnt sleep since last night's family fall out. My mind wondered wrestlessly just being worried sick about Maleiata.

Not hearing from from her or Mina (they've both blocked themselves from the link) I decided to head to Mason's house to see if she turned up. As I got there I saw that Mina and Mason were both on their phones, Mason frantically pacing in and out of the lounge room and Mina sitting on the stairs.

As I walked in I went straight up to Uncle Mason in which during I heard Mina growl underneath her breathe. No doubt she's still pissed at me. FUCK IM STILL PISSED AT ME. HOW DID I LET I GO THIS FAR?