....40

Chapter 40

"Let's go back inside. Mom wants us there." Kuya Kane held my hand but I slowly get away from his hold.

He's giving me the look, and I know what he'll say.

"Please don't give me the "it's been 7 years, Cadie. Can you at least pass this time for mom?" Because, you didn't know how I felt. Please. Pumasok ka roon, kung gusto mo. Pero hindi ako papasok sa kwarto ni mommy na andon siya." I tried to calm myself down when I started shaking.

I heard him sobbed and hugged me tight. "I don't know what to do, Cadie. Ako ang naiipit. Mom wants to be at peace, na walang galit sa kahit na kanino. It's been 2 years since she's battling cancer. Hindi namin sinabi sa 'yo kasi you're still healing and we didn't want to burden you."

They hid it from me for freaking 2 years? How?

"Kuya." Humiwalay ako sa yakap at tinignan siya.

"You sacrificed your profession for mom, didn't you? You didn't sacrifice it for me." I said with so much realization.

Umiling siya, "I sacrificed for the both of you. Mom wants me to continue with my dream profession, while she wanted you to pursue business, in her path. Kasi akala niya, ayun ang gusto mo. Tuwing nag kakasagutan kami ni mommy tuwing pinipilit ka niya sa business, it was frustrating. Hindi ko kaya awayin si mommy knowing she was struggling already." I nodded, while letting my tears flow down.

"Mom loves you so much, she only wants what's the best for you. Nakikita ka na niya kasi na nahihirapan. Staying up all night just to study. And always studying. She keeps on telling me that she wants you to chill and just work already in the company. Para matutulungan din kita. She said that she doesn't want you getting more tired once you go for the internship at natatakot siya na walang mag aalaga sa 'yo roon." Humikbi ako at napaupo.

"She cares for you, so much. Sana ayun pa rin nasa isip mo. Ayaw niya na mainis o magalit ka sakaniya dahil she seems that she's pressuring you on things, but there's so many things behind it. She has fought for so long." I nodded at him and I felt him leveled me.

"Mommy loves you. So much." He patted my head and kissed it. "I'll go back inside, you can just go in whenever you feel like it." Tumayo na siya at bumalik sa kwarto.

I stayed sitting down in the hospital floor, crying. I felt someone behind me. I was about to look at who that someone is, when I felt an embrace behind my back.

I felt comfort, warmth, home.

"You can cry. It's okay to cry. You can hurt me if you're angry. Just don't do it to yourself." He caressed my arms and I felt stings. I saw scratches that was made by me while having a breakdown.

"I know it's hard. I know it is." I nodded and sobbed again. He pulled out his handkerchief and wiped my tears.

"First, umalis si Thomas to go back to London. Second, that guy is here. Third, my mom is..." napatigil ako dahil hindi ko mapigilan maiyak lalo. "My mom is-"

"Shh, it's okay, baby. I'm here. I'm here." He hugged me tight as I leaned on him crying silently.

After several minutes of crying, I finally stopped but he didn't put away his arms around when I stopped, he just stayed there. Comforting me.

"Do you want me to kick his ass?" He mumbled that made me chuckle lightly.

Umiling ako, "Can you ask kuya or check the room, if the guy isn't there anymore? I miss mommy."

I felt him nodded and he stood up. He helped me stand up and fixed my hair and wiped the tears from my face.

"Stay here. I'll come back for you." I smiled at him and he smiled back before turning his back to start walking.