....03

Chapter 03

"You sure hindi ka sasama sa'min sa mall? Baka may need ka bilhin." Tanong ni Ashley na ikinailing ko naman kaagad. As much as I want to, I can't. I need to be home before dad does.

"No, I'm okay." Ngumiti ako sakaniya, "Paki-ingatan si Ashley ha?" Tiningnan ko iyong mga lalaki at napatango naman sila.

"Si Ashley lang?" Nagtatampo na sabi ni Grace na ikinatawa ko.

"May Greg ka naman eh. Si Ashley wala namang someone." Nagulat ako kasi bigla akong binatukan ni Ashley.

"Ang sama mo talaga, ang sama!" The boys laughed while I pouted.

Kinalabit ako ni Thomas at lumayo kami ng unti sakanila. "Are you sure na hindi ka sasama sa'min? I can take you home, MC. I can protect you naman. Bakit nga ba hindi ka muna mag stay sa'min. Nandon naman ang kuya at mommy mo." I sighed.

"Thomas, the more I try to escape, the more I am putting myself in it. Kung sila mommy at kuya nakatakas. Ako ang hindi. I can't get away with it. You know why." I was on the verge of tears when he immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"We will find a way, to get you out of there. I promise you." Tumango tango ako at humiwalay na sakaniya.

"But, always remember. When he touches you again. I am not afraid to lay my hands on his fucking face." He kissed my forehead and wiped my tears.

"Stop crying, MC. Magtataka na mga kaibigan natin." Inayos ko muna ang mukha ko bago humarap ulit sa mga kaibigan ko na nagkukulitan.

I smiled and went back to them. I sensed that Eugene's eyes was on me. I looked at them and saw how curious he felt and it immediately changed into something unrecognizable. I smiled at him to assure him and let his thoughts go. Umawang ang bibig niya at dahang-dahang ngumiti pabalik. That made me feel better.

Nang napagdesisyunan na umalis, I called the driver to pick me up already. Ihahatid muna raw ako ni Thomas at susunod na lang siya sakanila. He ensures my safety and it somehow makes me feel safe.

Kasama namin ang mga kaibigan namin and nagulat ako nung tumikhim si Eugene.

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

He cleared his throat again, "Diba alam mo iyong dream university ko?"

I nodded, "Yeah, UST. Why?"

He scratched the back of his neck and looked at Cameron giving him a thumbs up. He sighed and looked at me again.

"Because, I want USTogether eh." I bit my lip trying not to laugh when all of my friends did.

Namula siya at halatang nahiya sa sinabi niya kaya binigyan niya ng matalim na tingin si Cameron na tuwang tuwa.

"I'll kill you later, Cam." Nahihiyang saad ni Eugene.

"Ready na ako." Natatawang wika ni Cameron.

Napailing na lang ako kasi alam ko na si Cameron nagpasabi nun kay Eugene. Him and his dad jokes.

As we wait for the driver, I looked at my friends and realized that we are all different.

Grace, the outgoing and risk taker. She's never afraid to try new things and really is up for adventures. She is the one who pushes us to try things that is way out of our comfort zones. She keeps on telling us that "This is already your opportunity, don't waste any second now."

Greg, sweet yet distant. He's sweet to everyone in our circle, especially to his girlfriend and of course distant to other people especially girls because Grace might strangle him to death. But, he is someone you can rely on. He is very helpful.

Cameron, our breather. Every dismissal or breaks, whenever we're stressed about something, he will be the first one to share something that will lighten the atmosphere and make us feel better. But despite of him being our breather, he needs someone to be his rest too. He has a lot going on in his life, I know. He shares it to me, and I treat him as my big brother too. Whenever he's sad, I'll always call him to let him share what he feel and thinks.

Ashley, our fashion police and conyo queen, a chill one. I think someone needs someone like her to balance out the funny, huh? She's the one who always styles us, recommend us some stores, clothes, perfume, etc. that she says "suits our styles." The chillest out of us girls. Ashley is always someone you can trust, someone that can be your human diary. But, you should check up on her too.

Thomas, our protective one, the alpha of the group. Serves as our leader. He advices us with a lot of things that are beneficial to our life, he also guides us where we should go and what we desire in life. He helps us in any way possible and will always protect us all.

Eugene, the least talkative, the coldest, and one of the most secretive in our group. He chooses people yet people still chooses him. He is very famous despite of his attitude. He doesn't bother to notice each and every one of them. I was really surprised that he became part of our group. He's someone special to me. He shows his real side to those people he trust the most, which is us. He's smart. Everyone in our group is smart.

And, there's me. A normal girl. I have really nothing to say that will sound interesting but I am here, this group needs someone low as me. To balance out every personality they have.

"Nandito na iyong driver, MC." Nawala ako sa pagiisip nang sabihin sa'kin ni Grace iyon.

I hugged them one by one and I smiled when Eugene frowned, "You're really not coming?" Umiling ako.

He sighed in defeat and nodded. He hugged me and comb my hair. "Tell me when you've arrived home." Ngumiti na lang ako at pumasok na sa kotse. Kasunod ko si Thomas pumasok at doon na nawala ang ngiti ko.

"Ayaw mo talaga sumama?" Umiling ako.

"You sure?" Thomas still pushed it.

"Thomas, mas gugustuhin ko na ako mauna kaysa kay dad. I have time to do things in the house before he arrives. Mas gugustuhin ko iyon. Next time na lang." he looked me as if he's really worried.

"Don't tell me, that he tried to-" I immediately looked at him.

"No." I lied. Again.

"MC." He called me with a warning tone.

I looked at him in the eye and smiled, "No."

I know Thomas is frustrated. I know my mom and kuya Kane is concerned. They keep on calling and texting me. But, when I reply. It risks my life.

Whenever my friends open up to me. We usually write it into some journals. They found it weird at first but I told them to just write. My phone and laptop is all monitored. I don't know why my dad came this far, but he did.