....22

Chapter 22

It's been a week since I last came home here in the Philippines from London. Luckily, my jet lag stayed for a good 3 days. Because, I tend to think a lot of things at the middle of the day that makes me fall asleep at night, it may be weird. But, it was really helpful.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at myself.

Look, you can genuinely smile already.

I sighed and went out of my bathroom. I got my things and paper needed for my residency.

I have no choice but to go the place I am trying to avoid, I was recommended to that specific hospital. Where it is owned by Eugene's family. The Fernandos.

Bumaba na ako at tumuloy sa dining area. I saw my mom and kuya Kane talking so I went near them and kissed them on the cheek.

"Good morning." I uttered and sat in front of kuya Kane.

I grabbed rice and spam, and started to eat. They were silent the whole time but I know they want to say something to me. I wouldn't push them to say something though.

"Are you sure about this?" And there, mom already asked.

I looked at her and nodded, "It's really no big deal, ma. I have to take my residency in order to become a certified Pediatrician. It's okay, I'll be okay. I hope you know that."

She looked at kuya Kane hoping for some words from him but he shrugged his shoulders and just continued eating. I snickered and shook my head.

But, I immediately thought of something...

What if he's there? if we cross paths again. What will happen? Will he just act like we're just strangers? Will he be mad? Will he say hi? What will he do? Would I see his new girl there? Is she also a doctor? Is she pretty? Is she more outgoing? More fun? Lively? I bet she is. Because that is what Eugene deserves, that is what Eugene needs. A positive one, a ray of sunshine.

Hindi ko na namalayan na tapos na pala ako kumain and I'm just sliding my utensils that creates a sound kaya kanina pa nakatingin sa'kin sina Kuya.

"Are you sure, you're okay? Hatid na kita, same route lang naman iyong office and hospital." Napaangat ako ng tingin kay Kuya Kane and I smiled a little.

"Please, kuya? Thank you." I stood up and left my things there, so I can go up to my room to brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth, I applied a minimal makeup, so I wouldn't look like a zombie.

I decided to put my hair in a messy bun. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror.

Wearing a black long sleeved collared blouse, tucked in, in my khaki slacks. I decided to wear 2 inched black heels to feel a little more confident and decent.

I smiled at the mirror and sighed.

"I thought smiling makes it a whole lot better. But, it increases my nervousness." Mabilis na akong bumaba dahil anong oras na rin at maabutan pa kami ng traffic.

I smiled at mom drinking her morning tea and I kissed her in the forehead, "Be safe, mum."

Ngumiti siya sa'kin at ngumiti, "Put down your hair, I like your natural curls better." Tinanggal niya ang hair tie ko kaya bumagsak ang buhok ko.

Natawa na lang ako at inayos na ang buhok ko.

I waived at her goodbye and grabbed my things.

Kakapasok lang ni kuya sa kotse kaya mabilis rin akong pumasok sa shot gun seat.

Nag seat belt na ako at inayos ang gamit ko para komportable akong nakaupo.

Kuya and I just quietly listened to the music in his playlist. No one dares to talk or to ask questions. Kuya Kane and I became closer throughout the years. Building a sibling bond that we never really got a time to properly form back then. But now, that we're here, I can tell that we're pretty solid.

Traffic came and we just stared in front. But when we heard one of our favorite songs, we looked at each other and smiled. And he started to sing along.

The traffic is not that bad so he is just glancing every once in a while to me while singing.

When his favorite part came in, he pointed at me as he drive.

"Embrace your flaws."

I laughed and sang with him,

"I'm not gonna fight back what I've become, yeah I got bruises where I came from.

But, I wouldn't change if I can restart, I ain't gonna hide these beautiful scars.

I've been going way too hard on myself. Guess that it's the reason that I'm feeling like hell.

But, I wouldn't change if I can restart, I ain't gonna hide these beautiful scars."

We stopped singing and we laughed.

"Maximillian is the best." He chuckled, "Beautiful scars." He sang lightly.

Umiling ako at natawa lamang.

"Here we are, princess. Are you sure you will be fine? I can come with you, if you'd like." Umiling naman kaagad ako sa sinabi niya.

"I can handle this, Kuya. Be safe." I kissed him on the cheek.

Lumabas na ako ng kotse at tumabi na. I waved at him and he waved back before driving away.

Tinignan ko ang kabuuan ng hospital, I must say. I am back.

Pumasok na ako and I smiled at the guard, I went to the lobby area and went near to the reception.

"Hi, I would like to pass my files for my residency? Where should I go?" I smiled nervously.

She stared at me a little longer before shaking his head and laughing awkwardly.

"Ay, ma'am. Just go straight, tapos po mag right kayo and then sa pinakadulo po noon, nandun po." She smiled widely and I can't help but to smile as well.

"Thank you." Naglakad na ako palayo pero when I was about to ask another question and turn around. My files decided to fall because of a sudden contact with a person.

Hindi ko muna pinansin iyong nakabangga at lumuhod para kunin ang mga nahulog kong files.

Naramdaman ko rin na kinuha niya rin ang iba kong papeles, "I am really sorry, miss. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay." I mumbled quietly and stood up.

I can only see his clean cut hair. His nose, his navy blue short sleeved polo and black slacks. His eyelashes reminds me of someone too.

He stood up and faced me with a smile. But, it immediately faded when he clearly saw me.

This reminds me of something.

His face immediately turned cold. I got my papers from him, napatingin siya dun.

"You're back." He laughed sarcastically. "Bakit ka pa bumalik?" Napatigil ako don.

What did he just say?

"Eugene!" Parehas kami napatingin sa tumawag sakaniya.

Lumapit ang babae at bumeso kay Eugene. And this is where I immediately knew who this girl is.