....15

Chapter 15

"You should've told me that earlier, Cameron!" Napasigaw ako habang papasok kami ng E.R. 

"I'm sorry, you just seem so genuine, hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa'yo." Frustrated niyang sabi ngunit hindi ko na pinansin. 

I was frustrated and hurt, kung hindi ko lang siya napilit na sabihin kung ano meron, baka hindi ko pa malaman. Thomas got into a car accident. Namutla kaagad ako nung nalaman iyon at daling-dali nag paalam kay Eugene. Sinabi naman niyang susunod siya dito. 

Nang nakita ko na si Thomas napahinga ako ng malalim. Lumapit ako sakaniya at nilagay iyong kamay ko sa balikat niya.

Inangat niya ang tingin sa'kin kaya nanlaki ang mata niya. I sadly smiled at him and hugged him. 

I felt him enveloped his left arm around me, his shoulders were shaking. "I was so scared. Akala ko mamamatay na ako. Akala ko iiwanan na kita. Hindi pwede. Bawal." 

"Shhh, it's okay now. We're all here." He hugged me tighter and I just let him. 

I looked at them and they seem very worried. 

"How much was he hurt?" I asked our friends to assure he is fine and just scratches occurred.

Nagkatinginan sila, "His right arm just needs rest kasi ayun iyong sumalo ng impact sa side ng kotse. Other than that, scratches lang ang natamo niya. He's fine." Sagot ni Greg. 

I nodded at him and combed Thomas' hair. 

"Why were you at the main gate though? Asa parking lang lagi sundo natin, Thomas. Tell me." I asked and waited for an answer but he just hugged my waist tighter. 

I looked back at my friends at tumingin sila sa likod nila. Isang babae nakaupo habang nakatingin sa'min. She's teary-eyed. 

She carefully stood and slowly went closer to us. 

"I-It was my fault. I'm...I'm so sorry." Humikbi siya at tinakpan ang bibig niya. 

I really didn't get what happened kasi sinabi lang sa'kin ni Cameron ang dahilan kung bakit nasa ospital ngayon si Thomas. 

I slightly smiled at her to calm her down, "What happened? Can you please tell me? I don't bite." I giggled kaya napangiti ang babae kahit papaano. 

"I-I am Thomas' classmate. He was just trying to help me cross the street because I need to go to the other side of the street where my Grab is. I don't know how to cross the street, I'm so sorry." She bit her lip and played with her fingers. 

Umiling naman ako, "You're not at fault. At least he did save you, right?" Bumalik ang tingin ko sa mga kaibigan ko, "Asan iyong driver?" 

Umiling si Ashley, "Tumakas." 

I frowned and looked at the girl, "Uh, sorry. I don't know what to call you-" 

"It's Lianna Celeste, uh..." She scratched her arm and smiled a little, "Should I tell my last name too?" 

Umiling na ako at ngumiti, "Lianna Celeste is all good. Did you-"

Tumango naman kaagad siya, "Yes, I memorized the plate number." 

Hindi ata ako gusto patapusin mag salita neto. Nakita ko na umikot ang mata ni Ashley at humarap kay Cameron. 

I bit my lip trying to suppress a smile, ganiyan siya kapag alam niyang nabobother ako. Naiirita si Ashley. 

I felt Thomas grip loosened kaya lumayo ako ng konti. I leaned down so I can wipe his tears. 

"You feeling better?" I asked and he smiled. He held my left hand and squeezed it a little. 

"Well, Lianna. Thank you so much for accompanying my cousin here. Ako na ang bahala sakaniya. You can go home now." Ngumiti ako sakaniya at ibinalik ko na ang tingin kay Thomas na may malalim na iniisip. 

"Uh, yeah. Of course! Thank you so much." She cleared her throat, kaya napatingin si Thomas sakaniya. 

"Thank you...so much." I heard her say in the most sincere way. I looked at her and she is. 

"Thank you too, Lianna." She nodded and headed her way to the Exit of the E.R. 

I was about to say something to my friends when we heard someone cleared their throat. 

Tinignan ko kung sino iyon at nanlaki ang mata ko, ''Tita Claire." Lumapit kaagad ako sakaniya at bumeso. 

She combed my hair and smiled a little, she looked at me for a little bit before turning her gaze to my friends. 

"Hello, I heard Thomas got into an accident so I went here." Nagtaka naman ako sa sinabi ni Tita, it's not really a big of a deal para puntahan kami dito. 

Lumapit siya kay Thomas at ngumiti, "Has your Tito Kline attended you already?" 

Thomas smiled and he nodded, "Yes, Tita. I didn't know why he went here in the first place but he said, I'm like his son already." Natawa ng kunti si Thomas kaya natawa rin kami. 

Tumango-tango si Tita Claire giggled and she is one of the classiest person I have met, kahit anong gawin neto ay halatang classy pa rin. 

"Well, I'm glad you are now okay. We will prepare you a room, yeah?" She patted Thomas' head. 

While Thomas nodded like a puppy. Nagulat na lang ako nang tumawa si Cameron kaya napangiti ako. 

Tinignan siya ng masama ni Thomas kaya umayos siya ng tayo habang pinapalo ni Ashley si Cameron. 

I hope to have more days of these. I want to experience more of this day. It's just so refreshing. I'm just really tired of drowning, of being scared. Thinking I don't know what to do. I just want more of this day because it gives me a reason to live. 

"Cadie." Nawala ako sa pag-iisip nang napansin ko na lahat sila nakatingin sa'kin.

Napakurap ako at tumingin kay Tita Claire, I slightly smiled. 

"Yes po?" I scrunched my school skirt. She smiled. 

Inilahad niya ang kamay niya sa'kin at tinanggap ko naman iyon. 

"Would you mind if I can talk to you for a bit? Don't worry. Ibabalik naman kita sakanila." Tumingin siya sa mga kaibigan ko. Their faces were filled with curiosity but worry was more evident in the faces. 

Huminga ako ng malalim at tumango, "Of course, Tita." 

She bit her lip, "Let's go up to my clinic." I nodded and got my things. I looked at my friends and signaled them the okay sign. 

"Call." Grace mouthed and I nodded. 

Tita Claire placed her hand on my back and guided me towards the exit. 

We were silent the whole elevator ride and until we went inside her office. 

She made me sit and gave me a pillow. She placed a box of tissue in front of us in the table.

"Okay, Cadie. I am about to say something and I know this will be a sensitive topic for you, but as you can tell, I'm a psychiatrist and I can sense things from you. Would you mind if you just share your thoughts?" She carefully and slowly said in a calming voice. 

I know, I am scared that I might say things that shouldn't be said but Tita Claire calms me down. 

I closed my eyes and breathed for a little bit before opening my eyes and smiling a bit to her. 

"No po, I wouldn't mind po." She nodded and crossed her arms around her chest. 

"Okay," she looked at me in the eye, "Anong ginagawa sa'yo ng tatay mo?"