....16

Chapter 16

Nanigas ako sa kinauupuan ako. She knows. She really knows. How? Really, Cadie? Of course she knows, duh.

"I have studied your behavior, Cadie. I examined you. And on how the way you react to touches, these are part of being in a trauma." I nodded and smiled a bit to her.

"What's wrong, Cadie? Pwede mo naman akong kausapin." She continued.

I closed my eyes and breathed. "Telling would be the risk of your life, Tita. You know how dirty dad is." 

"I wouldn't mind risking my life to get you out of this, Cadie. Just tell me. Please." She said almost begging.

I looked at her and her eyes began to water. Her classiness faded away. This is all my fault. I made others feel in pain again.

"Importante ka sa anak ko, importante ka sa'kin, sa Tito Kline mo." She carefully placed the back of her hand on her mouth.

I remained quiet and looked down, I slowly pushed the box of tissue closer to her and sighed.

"Sa tingin mo, tita. Alam na ng isa mong magulang, ng kuya mo, ang nangyayari sa'yo. Ilang taon ka na nag aantay, pero wala pa rin silang ginagawa para ilabas ako sa ganitong sitwasyon, mahal pa ba nila ako?" She wiped her tears and looked back at me, I smiled and continued, "sa tingin mo, anak pa ba ang turing sa'kin ng isang ama na binaboy ang sarili niyang anak? Sinaktan, both physically and verbally. Mahal pa ba ako nun? Because, the thing is, no matter how many reasons they show me to hate them, I always still see the good in them. Saktan ako? Okay lang. Because he provides my needs, school, food, shelter, clothes, and other things. Sila Mom, they still check up on me. No matter how many times, they gave me a reason to leave. I still see the good sides of them to stay."

I looked at her and she seemed calmed down, "I'm just too tired of dealing with all of these. I don't know what I did that I need to experience this but, I know I did my best to become the nicest person. I trained myself to become one because no one in the house ever did. I don't know if I grew into someone worthy but I still hope that after everything I've been through, someone will still say, "Hey, I don't care what you are, what you have been through. I will stay no matter what the circumstances are." I know my friends are there to do so, but Tita. Ayoko kayo madamay. Delikado."

"What did he do to you?" She asked calmly but firmly that made me sigh.

I grabbed wipes, and wiped off the make up in my face and neck. Took off my hoodie and school blouse, revealing my sando.

She immediately stood up and went near me, "C-Can I?"

I slowly nodded and let her look at my wounds and bruises.

"I want to take photos of it, can I? Cadie?" Napatingin kaagad ako sakaniya at ngumiti.

"If that will make you sleep at night, Tita. Go ahead." I looked away as she took the photos.

We were both silent as I put back my uniform and put on my hoodie back on.

"How long?" I smiled.

"It's been a while already, I was 14 years old when all of these started." I mumbled and played with my fingers.

"How often does he do that to you? Do you know what are the triggers that makes him hurt you?" She wrote something on her pad before giving me a glance.

"It happens when he's not in the best mood. Or I just do things that doesn't please him." She nodded.

I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"Ma?" Nagkatinginan kami ni Tita Clair at napatayo kaagad ako.

"Ma?" He knocked and I immediately went outside bumping his side before hurrying to go to the restroom.

I immediately close the restroom's door and I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked so ugly.

Nilabas ko ang makeup kit ko at nilagyan ng concealer ang kailangan takpan sa mukha at leeg ko. I keep on blending it out and putting pressed powder in it too to look natural, na walang nakatago, na ayos lang ako.

I fixed my hair and combed it a little bit before smiling.

I sighed and frowned.

Your smile can be passed on to other people to smile but, they don't know what it hides. My eyes can't lie but only who tries to seek will know about me.

Umiling ako at kinuha na ang gamit ko. Bago lumabas, nagulat ako nang may biglang humila sa braso ko, I gasped.

I felt pain again and that made my lips quiver.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. Cadie..." he called me but I removed his arm and stepped back a little.

I looked at him and it was Eugene.

His eyes was full of worry. "Did I scare you? Hurt you? Where does it hurt?" Lalapit sana siya pero umiling na kaagad ako.

"I'm good, nagulat lang ako Eugene." I smiled at him trying to stop me from shaking.

He looked at me, straight in the eye for a good minute before sighing and giving me a slight smile.

"May sinabi ba si mama sa'yo? Bakit ka nag mamadali umalis sa clinic niya?" He grabbed my things and I thanked him.

"My tummy hurts, so I thought I was going to you know, uhm." I awkwardly said, trying to cover what his mom and I talked about.

Natawa naman siya at nag simula na mag lakad. I walked with him and I just silently look in front of me.

"We'll go to Thomas' room now, in case you're wondering." Napatingin ako sakaniya at nanlaki ang mata.

Ganoon ba ako ka-lutang para hindi mapansin kung saan kami pupunta? Cadie naman.

A lot of doctors and nurses greeted him with respect and he just smiled a little to acknowledge them.

Pag dating namin sa kwarto ni Thomas, napatigil ako dahil hindi ako sanay sa atmosphere na 'to.

I carefully looked at Thomas' left side and saw mom, Kuya Kane and Thomas' parents staring at the right side of Thomas, napatingin ako don at hinigpitan ko ang hawak sa skirt ko.

"Who in the right mind has the audacity for you to visit here?" I heard Thomas' mom, Tita Seren firmly mumbled. I looked at my friends at the end of Thomas' bed trying to signal Eugene to let me out.

I shook my head and tugged Eugene's shirt. He looked back at me and I smiled, "Can you call your parents? Let them say hi to my family." I smiled sweetly.

Kahit naguguluhan siya ay lumabas pa rin siya. Nag pasama siya kay Grace at Ashley kaya naiwan ang mga lalaki rito. I looked at them but they just pushed me more to hide on their backs.

"I just want to say, that this will serve as a warning for your family, Seren. Nakikielam kasi ang anak mo kaya ito ang nangyari sakaniya. I already told you to fuck off. Na huwag niyong lalapitan si Millicent, pero hindi pa rin kayo nakikinig?" Papa smirked and looked at mama and Kuya Kane.

"Simula nung umalis kayo sa pamamahay ko, wala na kayong karapatan kay Millicent. Bakit niyo ba ginugulo iyong buhay ng bata?"

I looked at Thomas rapidly breathing, trying to calm his self down while looking at me.

"Kung hindi kayo titigil, ako mismo mag papatigil sainyo." Papa chuckled before turning his back on them kaya mabilis akong ipinasok sa cr nina Cameron.

I looked at Cameron and Greg, I smiled a little.

"I told you." I breathed.