....33

Chapter 33

Now they're all lovey dovey. Ako lang ata napagiwanan. Ako iyong walang special someone. It's already dinner time and the lovers who is physically together are dancing so sweetly through the song. Thomas and Eugene are talking with their loved ones on the phone. Ako ang wala. I'm just drinking wine.

But, kidding aside, seeing my friends happy in each other's arms makes me happy too. I know they have a lot to battle with, and they needed someone to be with them, who understands and cares for them like they deserve to be treated. And in able to witness them grow this way, makes me happy.

Tumingala ako at nakita ang mga bituin na nagniningning. I smiled. Never knew I could miss this beauty at night. I'd definitely miss this when I'm going to have my residency. Can't wait to graduate and be an attending doctor already. Just the thought excites me!

Nagulat ako nang may nag lahad ng kamay.

I looked up and saw Eugene offering his hand.

I grabbed my camera from the table and gave it to him. He sighed and rolled his eyes and gave the camera to Thomas. Nagulat si Thomas sa ginawa ni Eugene at tinignan ako. I shrugged my shoulders and he just smirked and continued talking to Ysa.

I looked back at Eugene and his hand is still forwarded.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked and he arched his eyebrow.

"You're offering your hand for something. Do you need anything?" I asked and nervously laughed.

He stayed silent but stepped closer towards me and grabbed my hand before pulling me at the middle.

Still in shock, and my eyes still widened. He caressed my hands and placed it both at the back of his neck, bringing us closer together. He gently placed his hands on my waist and started swaying.

Why is he doing this? Is he making me feel guilty?

"I just..." he breathed and closed his eyes.

"I just want to know, to really know the truth." Tinagilid ko ang ulo ko. What does he mean by the truth?

He opened his eyes and its piercing right through me.

"What truth?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"The truth why you left me." He said almost a whisper.

Hindi ko alam pero bigla akong kinabahan. Is it the right time to tell him? I know he deserves to know because I was the one who left with no reasons. I just vanished. I know he deserves to know but, is it the right time?

I looked at him and his face softened. Bigla na lang siya natawa at napailing.

"Nevermind." He was about to take off his hold from me when I hold both his arms and made it embrace me. We're closer.

I will regret this because I respect her girlfriend, but I don't want anyone else to hear what I will tell him.

"I will tell you." I told him with assurance that it's okay.

"I didn't leave you because of my dad's business." I looked at him and smiled a little.

"I left because of another reason." He waited for me to continue.

"As much as you know, I don't really interact that much with other people, mostly to people who are clingy. Who needs to be touched always. Because, you know that I don't like to be touched unless I will be the first one who will do it." He nodded and I smiled.

"Sa tingin mo, Eugene? Bakit ako ganoon?" He stayed silent for a while before looking at me.

"I thought because you were an introvert and you really respect the word personal space." I bit my lip and shook my head.

"No..." he looked back at me and I can see right through his eyes. A lot of emotions is swirling through him. He doesn't know how to properly react.

I caressed the back of his neck and with that he calmed down a little.

"Relax. I will tell you." I assured him once again.

"I was sexually assaulted." I carefully put out that words for him to properly analyze.

Kumunot ang noo niya, "By who? Wala naman akong ibang kilala na lalake kundi sina Cameron, Thomas, Greg, at Kuya Kane na close sa'yo. Who?"

Umiling ako, "It's not any of them."

"Love," I called him to calm down. His breathing is rapid. He bit his lip before breathing deeply. I know he doesn't like this.

"Sino, Cadie?" I stayed silent.

"Please. Sino?" He pleaded that made me smile in a sad way.

"My dad, Eugene. My dad." He didn't get what I said for a moment. Blinked for a couple of times before properly looking at me.

"No way, Cadie. Alam kong hindi magagawa sa'yo ni Tito iyon." That hurt. It's okay. I didn't believe it at first too. Kasi tatay ko siya.

"I know. I didn't believe it at first too when he did that to me the first time. Where he touched me where no lady deserves to be touched. Where he kissed me in places, hurt me physically. My innocence was taken by him. By my very own father, Eugene." I carefully told him not trying to cry.

Napatigil siya sa pag sayaw at naramdaman ang paghigpit ng yakap.

"After all this time... You didn't tell me?" He asked and his tears fell from his eyes.

"Cadie, handa naman ako samahan ka sa laban na iyon. Handa kitang ipaglaban. Handa kitang protektahan. Bakit hindi mo sinabi? Bakit ngayon lang kung kelan tapos na?" He sobbed.

"Cadie. Bakit? Bakit ngayon lang? Cadie naman. Putangina." He put his head on my shoulder and cried. It made me cry too. I hugged him and he hugged tighter.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for thinking so ill of you. For thinking other reasons why you left me. I'm so sorry." I nodded at him and patted his back.

"Bakit hindi ko napansin? Fuck! Bakit hindi ko napansin. I was already there beside you, all the fucking time! Bakit hindi ko pa rin napansin?" He stood up straight and wiped his tears before walking away.

I was left at the middle with tears just looking at his back walking away from me.

Napatingin ako sa mga kaibigan ko at napansin siguro nila. Lumapit sila sa'kin at hinila na ako pabalik sa table.

They made me sit and Thomas immediately went to me to let me drink water.

I shook my head and smiled at them before standing up to look for Eugene.

I went to the beach and saw him there sitting. I immediately went to him.

Nang makalapit ako sakaniya, umupo ako sa tabi niya.

"I'm sorry if I left you there." Bungad niya sa'kin.

Umiling ako at ngumiti, "It's okay." Mahina kong sabi.