....24

Chapter 24

"Eugene, why do you want me to meet your parents?" I tried to turn around in a different direction but he pulled my hoodie.

"Cadie, please." He looked at me and gave me the puppy eyes that made me cringe.

"No." I commented. He chuckled.

"They want to meet you. They are expecting you for dinner." He pulled the sleeves of my hoodie and dragged me out to the parking lot.

"Hoy, Fernando! Saan mo dadalhin pinsan ko?" Narinig kong sigaw ni Thomas sa likod ko.

"To dinner, Thomas." Eugene uttered and continued to drag me.

"Nagpaalam ka ba sa'kin, Fernando? Hindi naman. Bitaw sa pinsan ko." Thomas was pulling my backpack while Eugene continue on pulling the sleeves of my hoodie.

I was getting dizzy from going back and forth.

"Hoy! Tigil-tigilan niyo iyan! Nasasaktan si Cadie!" Sigaw ni Cameron at tumakbo papalapit sa'kin.

Tinanggal niya iyong hawak ni Eugene at tinanggal sa'kin ang backpack na hinihila ni Thomas.

"Parang mga bata. Tao pinag aagawan niyo ah! Tao! Hindi iyan pagkain o gamit umayos kayo!" Inayos ni Cameron ang magulo kong buhok kaya bigla iyon tinabig ni Eugene.

"Sinong sabi pwede mo hawakan si Cadie?" Malamig na sambit ni Eugene.

Natawa naman si Cameron, "Baka nakakalimutan mo best friend mo ako, leche ka!" Sinabi niya kay Eugene at hinayaan na lang ako na makalayo sakaniya.

"Bakit niyo sinasaktan si Cadie? Lagot kayo kay Kuya Kane!" Nagulat kami sa nag salita. It was Ashley.

Natawa naman si Grace at inakbayan si Ashley, "Lagot kayo kay Kuya Kane. Pati rin kay Tito."

Sa sinabi ni Grace bigla kaming napatigil ni Thomas at nagkatinginan.

Worry was evident in his eyes and he immediately sighed.

Nagtatalo pa rin sina Ashley pero hindi ko na kaya makisabay dahil namuo ang kaba sa dibdib ko. Bigla akong nanghina, nanginginig.

"E-Eugene. Does dad knows that I'll be having dinner in your house?" I asked carefully trying not to spill anything.

"Dad already asked Tito. He said yes." Mas lalo akong kinabahan.

Whenever he says yes, he usually do businesses in our house, at paminsan he intakes those and it's a dead end for me. I'll be facing another consequence for the fun I have today.

Nawala ako sa malalim na iniisip nang hilahin uli ako ni Eugene.

"We'll get going." He waved his hand while pulling me to the parking lot.

"Alagaan mo pinsan ko ah!" Sigaw ni Thomas habang kumakaway, may bipolar disorder ba tong pinsan ko?

"Ingat ka diyan sa best friend ko, Cadie!" I waved at them.

He opened the car door for me, pumasok na ako roon at tumabi siya sa'kin. I greeted their driver and sat properly.

Will his parents like me? I mean I met them once but didn't really interacted with them. I'm so nervous and shy. Ugh, I don't know!

"Are you nervous?" Nagulat ako nang nag salita si Eugene.

I looked at him and smiled, "Yeah, I guess."

He frowned, "Sus, kilala kita. What's bothering you?"

Umiling naman kaagad ako at ngumiti, "Nothing."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I'll not push you to say it but I can fee it if you aren't okay."

Hindi ko na ako sumagot pabalik at dumungaw na lang sa window. I looked at the cars and the traffic.

Too much thoughts scrabbled up in my mind and I can't help it but to be drowned by it, both negative and positive thoughts was formed, but the negative ones is much overflowing.

"Cadie, we're here." Nauna na siya bumaba at inilahad niya na ang kamay niya para tulungan ako makababa.

I slowly accepted his hand and he gently squeezed it before guiding me to go down. I surveyed their house and it felt really comforting. It's big, yes. But, I can tell it feels like home. It may be modern but you know there's a family living in it.

Eugene and I were greeted with their house helpers and they got Eugene's things.

When they went to me to get my things, I politely shook my head and smiled.

"It's okay po, I can handle." They smiled back at me.

Eugene gently pulled me and I surveyed their living room. It's a high ceiling. Its spacious, comforting.

"Seat here, Cadie. I'll just change clothes." Eugene pointed the couch kaya dahan-dahan akong umupo roon.

I was greeted too with a big family portrait in front of me hanging from the high wall.

It was the three of them. His mom, dad, and Eugene.

I went to look at my side and saw the side table. It was filled with photos and a lamp. I scooted a little bit over to be closer to the side table and looked at their family. Their family's big.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs kaya mabilis akong umayos ng upo. Nervousness crept me again and I played with my fingers to calm myself down.

I heard a woman's voice, she seems like she's talking with someone over the phone.

"Yes, can you please follow that up? I need the accepted reservations 2 weeks before the party.

Yes...

That'd be much appreciated. Thank you."

The way she speaks, it's so classy.

"Good afternoon." Napatayo kaagad ako at humarap sa kung saang boses nanggaling iyon.

And there she was, the woman I saw in the portrait, she is wearing a black short sleeved casual dress and a black 2 inched heels. Her hair was put into a clean bun, her makeup is natural. Very pretty.

"G-Good afternoon." I stuttered because seeing how she is makes me nervous. It makes me feel like I'm talking to a powerful woman here.

She giggled lightly and went towards me. She reached out her hand for a shake.

"I'm tita Claire. Please, don't be shy. You are uneasy." I bit my lip before accepting her hand for a shake.

She smiled once more and went closer to me for a kiss on the cheek.

"Finally."

"Cadie! Are you listening?" I blinked a few times before looking at her.

"Pardon?" I gently asked. She smiled a little.

"I said, Finally. You came back! After how many years? 7 years? Gosh, you have grown so much, anak!" My heart fluttered when I heard her say Anak.

"It has been a while, Tita." She put both of her hands on top of mine.

"Are you guys okay?" Kumunot ang noo ko at tinagilig ko ulo ko.

"Hmmm?" She smiled a little and squeezed my hands.

"You and Eugene. Are you okay?" I sadly smiled.

"We bumped into each other awhile ago, Tita." Her eyes lit up but mine didn't.

"With Talliah."