....26

Chapter 26

Eugene's POV

"Come on, sama ka na. Minsan lang tayo magkakasamang magkakaibigan." I rolled my eyes and looked at the papers given to me.

"Ashley, I have work to do. And I'll be having my residency as well, I need to get ready." I heard Ashley grunted.

"Just please come, Eugene? Kailangan mo bumawi. Ilang meet ups na dinitch mo! And last na punta mo is iyong pinakilala mo lang na girlfriend mo, si Talliah. Sinong hindi mag tatampo roon?" I sighed. I massaged my forehead.

"I'll try to go, I'm not saying I am. I'll just try." Binaba ko na ang tawag at bumalik na kaagad sa pagtratrabaho.

I finished the paperworks that was assigned to me at around 7pm.

I checked my phone. Kumunot ang noo ko at umiling. Wasn't surprised if Ashley filled my phone with her text messages. The usual.

I grabbed my phone and went outside the office. I dialed Cameron's number.

After a few rings, he answered.

"Dude! What's up? Are you coming? We're already here! You should come here." I stopped in front of the elevator to wait.

"Yeah, I'm on my way. Text me the address." Binaba ko na ang tawag at tinext si Talliah na aalis muna ako kasama mga kaibigan ko.

"Don't stay up late, waiting for me. I'll go out with my friends." I sent.

I went inside the elevator and didn't bother to check my phone.

I heard my phone vibrated so I knew she replied fast.

The elevator bell dinged, I noticed I'm already in the basement.

I went outside the elevator and checked my phone.

"Okay, Take care! You should've told me para sumama ako! Ano ba iyan! I am missing your friends na kaya!" I chuckled at her reply

I looked for where my parking spot is and when I found it. Saktong tinext sa'kin ni Cameron ang address ng restaurant.

When I arrived at the restaurant, I only realized it was Grace's. How could I not notice?

Pumasok na ako at dinaluhan kaagad ako ng staff to go to where they are. As I walk to their table, I saw her.

Cadie.

I saw her smiling, so genuinely. Her smile reaches her eyes already. That made me pissed, who made her that happy? How many boys has she been with when she left me? Was she happy when she left me? Ano nga ba ang totoong rason kung bakit siya umalis ng walang paalam?

"Dude!" I snapped out of my thoughts and I noticed I was staring at Cadie for too long.

Her head was already down and she seems to be awkward about something.

Was it my fault why she felt that way? Was I the reason why she's sad and worried back then? Was I the reason why she was scared? Did I do something that made her that way?

My gaze went to Cameron as he patted my back. Tumayo na rin sina Grace para bumeso at yumakap sa'kin. But, one person didn't.

Nanatili siyang nakayuko and I noticed how red her cheeks are, her cheeks are always like that when she's worried.

Pumikit ako ng mariin at lumapit sakaniya.

"Hey." Umangat ang tingin niya at umawang ang labi niya.

I looked down at her soft lips, how many guys have kissed those lips of hers?

"I didn't get to say 'Welcome back' properly." I mumbled and her eyes widened.

"Uhm... It's alright. You're fine." She answered almost a whisper that made me bite the inside of my cheek to stop me from smiling.

She is still the same.

"Okay." I only mumbled before seating next to Greg.

I looked at Cadie and seeing her slightly smile makes me guilty. Was I the reason why she wasn't in the mood already? Was I the reason who wiped her genuine smile off her face?

"How was London, Cadie?" I can't help but ask.

She looked at me still trying to know if I was the one who really asked.

"How did you know I stayed in London?" She carefully asked and examined my expression.

I chuckled and smirked, "Everyone knows except me. It's not really that hard to ask." I really can't help but to be sarcastic when it comes to her. Just seeing her face made me wonder if I was really that easy to leave without even a proper goodbye.

Natahimik siya at napatayo.

"Maybe, it's not really a good idea to be here. I should get going now since I saw everyone already. Thank you." She said in a little voice and was about to walk out when Ashley stood up and held Cadie's arm to stop.

Ashley looked at me and smiled a little, "Tayo." She made Cadie sit down before walking outside the restaurant.

My friends are all silent so I can't help it kaya sumunod ako kay Ashley.

When I went outside the restaurant, she immediately looked at me.

"Ano, magtatanim ka na lang ba ng galit?" Tinanong niya at pinagkrus ang kamay niya.

"It's not really that easy to understand, lalo ka na." I coldly said while staring back at her.

"Gosh, Eugene! It's been 7 years already-" I cut her off.

"Yes, Ashley. I am very much aware that it's been 7 years but I can't help it, okay? Tuwing nakikita ko siya I have this certain feeling that I feel. Hindi lang naman kayong mga babae ang pwede magalit o masaktan eh. You were there when I looked like a lost puppy just to know where she went. Alam mo iyan, Ashley! You were there with Cameron! Now, don't ever tell me what to say or what to do, because you were never in my spot!" Napatigil siya sa mga sinabi ko.

"Alam kong mahal niyo si Cadie. I do value her too. But, I'm hurting too. Nakakainggit kasi mas ramdam ko na kilala niyo siya kaysa sa'kin. Nalalaman niyo ang ibang bagay na gusto kong malaman. Nakakainggit." Pag amin ko at minasahe ang noo ko.

We were silent when suddenly Greg stepped out.

"Ash, pasok ka muna." He told Ashley firmly.

She looked at Greg and nodded before turning her gaze back at me and going inside the restaurant.

Humarap sa'kin si Greg, "I will only say this once, I hope that what I'll tell you will make your thoughts clearer. I know I am no stand nor place to tell this to you but, I can't stand you and Cadie being like this." Umiwas ako ng tingin.

I heard him sigh, "The dealing with drugs isn't really the reason why Cadie and Thomas left, specifically her mother's side left. Cadie has been dealing with something heavy for a long time." He stopped trying to get any reaction but I didn't give him any.

"Hindi ka niya o tayo iniwan dahil ginusto niya o para tumakas. She needed to leave in order to save herself." I looked at him. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"She needed to leave in order to save herself, that's all I can say."