....38

Chapter 38

This is the day I don't really like to come. It's the day my dear cousin is going back to manage their business. I am so sad.

"Come on, Cadie. Ang tanda mo na parang bata." Thomas tried to remove my hug from him. Umiling ako at hinigpitan ang yakap sakaniya.

I heard him chuckled and gave up. He patted my back and kissed my forehead.

"Kuya Kane, paki nga. Malalate pa ako sa flight neto." I felt kuya kane's arm around me pulling me away from Thomas. I pouted.

"Babalik ako, Millicent Cadie." He patted my head.

"Thomas, you keep safe. Take care. Make sure you call Cadie once you arrive in London." Saad ni Kuya at agad naman napatango si Thomas.

"I will." Tumingin siya sa 'kin. "You send me the videos and the photos once you finish editing those out. I'm only one call away, Doctor Cadie." I smiled at him and nodded.

He waved goodbye and I just realized our friends are here too.

I waved at them and they waved back. Cameron signaled me to eat and I nodded at him.

I looked at kuya as he was talking with someone over the phone, must be a business call.

It took him around 5 minutes to end the call, when he ended the call he went near me.

"You will eat with your friends?" He asked that I agreed on immediately. He nodded and went towards them.

He patted Eugene's shoulder, "Ikaw na muna bahala sa kapatid ko. I have an urgent meeting in the office." Wait, what?

Ano raw? Tama ba narinig ko? Iiwan ako ni kuya?

I looked at him in disbelief, but he just brushed my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Ingat ka ha? Text me. I love you." He turned his back and hurriedly went inside his car.

I watched him drive away. I turned my back and looked at my friends.

"Ganun ba ako kadaling iwan?" They all shrugged their shoulders except for Cameron has the audacity to give a comment.

"Dali nga para sa 'yo na iwan kami eh." Ashley immediately covered his mouth and my mouth fell open.

This bitch.

"Wala. Wala kang narinig, Cadie. Let's go eat. Sa 'yo sasakay si Cadie noh?" Grace asked.

"Anong sasakay kay Eugene? Ikaw ah-" Now Greg covered Cameron's mouth.

"Sa kotse ni Eugene, bobo!" Saad ni Greg kaya napailing si Ashley.

"Yeah, sa restaurant mo ba?" He asked Grace.

"Nah, sa iba naman. Kasawa pagkain sa restaurant." Eugene nodded and opened the door for me.

"Get in." Pumasok na kaagad ako. I buckled my seat belt. I waited for him to ride in the driver seat but he talked with the guys first. Maybe to confirm which place will we eat.

We were stuck in traffic when his phone started ringing. It was Talliah.

"Can you answer it for me please?" He asked and I nodded as I grabbed the phone and answered it. I put it on speaker.

"Eugene, where are you?" Talliah has a sweet voice. She really is too good to be true.

"On the way to the restaurant my friends wanted to go. Why? Is there something wrong?" He sounded worried.

"Tito Kline and Tito Claire is here in your condo. They thought you were home so they paid a visit. I also thought you were home by this hour kaya pumunta ako rito. They brought take-out." I heard him sigh.

"Alright, we're coming there."

"Huh? We? You're with someone? Who?" She sounded confused. I started to get nervous.

"Yeah, I'm with Cadie." He cleared his throat.

"Oh." Is it just me or did she sound disappointed.

That's why I don't really like being with someone who has a special someone already. I always give off the wrong vibes.

"Well then, bring her here na lang din. Eat dinner here. Got to go, bye." Binaba niya na kaagad ang tawag. I was about to place his phone back in it's place when there were tons of messages from Talliah pala. I didn't notice that.

"Is it okay with you to eat dinner at my condo?" I looked at him and nodded.

"I hope it's okay with you and Talliah to eat dinner with you guys." Kumunot ang noo niya.

"Hey, it's okay naman. If you're not comfortable, I can drop you off with our friends." Umiling naman kaagad ako.

"Mapapagod ka pa. You can just drop me sa side and I'll take a cab there na lang." His eyebrows furrowed.

"Alright, call Grace or Ash. Tell them you're eating at my condo with my parents." He said with finality that made me pull out my phone and call Ashley to inform them.

"Huh? Okay? Kahit nakakagulo, sige." Ashley said before dropping the call.

I was silent the whole ride and when I saw the building of the condo, I can tell that he's been saving a lot.

I unbuckled my seat belt and carefully went down his car. He waited for me to fix my clothes before place his hand on my back to guide me the way to the elevator.

When we reached to the floor where his condo is, nervousness crept unto me.

"Hey, you're shaking." He held my hand and supported me. We were down the hallway to his condo and when we arrived at the front of his condo. He made me face him.

"Don't worry. It's just my parents." Umiling kaagad ako.

"I'm worried because I might ruin the vibe. I'm just someone you know tapos makikikain ako? It's like I invited myself in." Umiling kaagad siya.

"I'm the one who invited you. Hey, it's definitely okay, Cadie. Let's go." He pulled out his keys and opened the door.

When he opened the door, cold air of the air condition welcomed me.

I heard noises from the kitchen and when I looked at my right, I saw his parents and Talliah there setting up the dishes.

"Home." Eugene announced that made them turn to us.

I looked at Talliah and saw how her face dropped but immediately hid it with a slight smile.

Tito Kline went towards me and hugged me.

"You have grown so much, kiddo! Nag tatampo ako kasi si Tita Claire lang ang nakausap mo noon. You didn't even bother to visit me at my office." I laughed a little and hugged him back. Also giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I went towards to Tita Claire and she brushes my hair before giving me a hug. "How are you? I hope you're doing well."

I nodded, "I am tita, thank you."

Then, finally. I looked at Talliah and went towards her, she smiled a little at me before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, glad to have you here." She mumbled.