....37

We finished island hopping and decided to go back to where we are staying for a late lunch.

Eugene and I had a good talk, we did take a whole lot of videos and pictures though. It was so much fun, it feels like the old times. As friends.

"You good?" Inakbayan ako ni Cameron at napangiti ako.

"Always." I mumbled.

He pinched my nose that cause my nose to scrunch. "Cameron! I don't like it when someone pinches my nose!" Inis kong saad at pinalo siya kaya napatawa siya ng malakas.

"I missed you! Sobra!" He pulled me closer for a tight hug. Gosh! He's squeezing me like I'm a stuffed toy.

"C-Cameron! What the hell. I can't breathe! Bitaw!" I pushed him away and he back off laughing.

I looked at Ashley, "Your puppy got away again! Grab his collar, can you?" Inikutan niya ako ng mata.

"What? It's my kasalanan pa?" She looked at Cameron, "C, look at Cadie! She's making sisi pa. It's your kasalanan naman!" Hinila niya buhok ko kaya nairita ako lalo.

"Kayong dalawa talaga! Bagay nga kayo!" My friends laughed at my remark kaya napasimangot ang dalawa.

Ha! Suits you both.

We decided to go back to our huts to rest and shower. Mamaya na raw kaming hapon mag patuloy sa activities. Even though, I'm against to do these activities, it is only our day to enjoy it. Bukas na rin kami uuwi. Might as well enjoy this.

After this, we all be back to normal, our normal days. Or so, I guess for me, my new normal. Being an intern makes me nervous, few more steps and I'll reach where I wanted to be in. To be an attending doctor.

Nakatulog sina Grace at Ashley pagkatapos maligo kaya I decided to go out to enjoy the 4pm sun.

I went to the Lanai at umupo sa may malaki na hammock. I carefully place my camera at the wooden floor to make sure it will not land in the water.

It's nice because may shade na din kahit papaano sa pwesto ko and I can sit properly.

I heard footsteps and saw Cameron, Greg, and Eugene. I waved at them and they smiled. Sina Cameron at Greg ay pumasok sa may hut namin para siguro gisingin na sina Ashley.

Habang si Eugene naman at kinuha ang camera ko para kumuha ng mga litrato.

"You didn't sleep?" He asked as he adjusted the settings of the camera.

Umiling ako at tinignan ang view. I can see the other island from here. It's so beautiful.

"Cadie. Pose." Napatingin kaagad ako sakaniya. I smiled a little bit as he took the picture.

"Can you take a photo of me facing there?" I pointed the island.

"The pinterest photos?" I nodded and he chuckled.

He told me to fix my hair and I was thankful that I am wearing a pastel blue dress and putted my hair into a half ponytail with a blue ribbon as an accessory. I also curled it a little.

After taking the photos, I asked for a hand in able for me to stand up.

Inalalayan niya ako at nang nakatayo na ako ay pinakita niya sa'kin ang mga kuha niya.

"Talliah's lucky to have you noh? An instagram boyfriend pala ah?" Inikutan niya ako ng mata.

"Since Senior high, nasanay na ako sa 'yo. You always like to have videos and photos for memories sake. Natawa naman ako. Ilang polaroid films ang nabili natin noon? Ilang camera films din? Tapos nakailang edit tayo ng videos noon para lang maiupload. The memories I had most with you might be captured through video or photo." I nodded and laughed.

"That's so true! I have them developed, except for the videos of course." He chuckled and nodded.

"Hoy, kayong dalawa. Kakain daw ng meryenda. Tara na." Grace appeared out of the blue.

Tumango naman si Eugene sakaniya at pinauna na ako mag lakad. I went back inside to grab my wallet and phone and saw them waiting for me.

"Where's my cousin?" I realized Thomas didn't come with us.

"He had a lot of things to do. Business stuff." Eugene commented.

"Oo nga pala. Speaking of business, diba you'll inherit your hospital Eugene? How's the training so far?" Napatanong si Greg nang di oras kaya napatingin kami kay Eugene.

He sighed and shook his head, "Just imagine, by next week I will become an intern, and I will have to train for the business. Do you know how hectic that is? I just really wish that my cousin will come back and stop being a douche." Oh, I remember something.

"Still stuck in the arrangement thing?" I whispered. He looked at me with widened eyes.

"You remembered? But yes. How many years has passed and this douche doesn't have the balls to properly accept his fiancée." Natawa ako kaya napatingin siya sa'kin.

"We all have different situations to deal with. Just be thankful your parents aren't his parents." He sighed at what I said but eventually agreed.

We ate our meryenda. Buti na lang nakahabol pa si Thomas, it must be so hard for him huh? Everything's on his shoulder as of the moment. And the pressure to be the one handling the business. Hindi ko tuloy maiwasan isipin si Kuya Kane. He sacrificed his profession just to be the next heir of the company mom built. I felt guilt again because I didn't pursue business.

"What's wrong?" I woke up from my thoughts when I realized Eugene is in front of me.

Umiling ako at ngumiti, "Nothing."

He looked at me straight in the eye. Does he know how hard it is to look at him in the eyes? Malulunod ako niyan.

"What's wrong, really? Come on, tell me." We are sitting at the hill again to watch the sunset. I sighed and stared at the view.

"Nagu-guilty ako kay Kuya Kane. Kasi he sacrificed his dream profession to handle mom's company. While, I, on the other hand, pinaglaban ni kuya na medicine kukuhain ko." He nodded.

He bit his lip before speaking, "He had to sacrifice his dream for you to chase yours."

I nodded, "Ayun nga eh, he adjusted for me. He sacrificed his dream for me."

"Just look at it as his form of love. Ayaw niya na nagu-guilty ka because of it. He wants you to reach your dream para mapanatag siya. Reach your dream for you and your kuya. Okay?" I sighed and nodded.

He patted my head, "Good."

"Ikaw? Why won't you tell tito you don't want to be in charge?" I asked him.

He sighed, "I won't be in charge if my cousin comes back. And I'm hoping he does."

"I know he will, just give him more time."