....35

"Are you okay?" Bungad sa'kin ni Grace pagkapasok ko ng hut.

I smiled at her and nodded, "I am so happy for you, Grace." I hugged her.

"Cadie." Tawag sa'kin ni Ashley while I'm grabbing my pyjamas.

I just smiled at her and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

I decided to fill up the bathtub and relax.

I put my hair in a bun and did my skincare before going in the bathtub.

I hugged my knees and started crying. This is still hard. It will always be hard.

It is still hunting me and I don't know what to do.

"Is she okay?" I heard someone asked.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Eugene." I heard Ashley said.

"May sinabi ka ba? Something else that'll make her hurt." Bakit si Eugene nanaman inaano?

"Wala. Why? What happened last night when she went back here?" I heard his worried tone.

"She was off. I heard her crying while she was taking a bath. Hindi ko na alam kung anong oras siya natapos sa pag ligo. Eh, ikaw lang naman last niya nakausap last night." I felt her sat at the edge of my bed.

"She has gone through a lot, Ash. Alam ko na alam mo iyon. I know that what we talked about hunted her. I'm not that insensitive."

"I'm sorry, lagi na lang kita sinisisi. I'm just scared for her, you know. She was healing fine. Pero ngayon feel ko napapadalas mga attacks niya. I'm so worried." I opened my eyes and felt that I was crying. I wiped my tears and I think it's time to wake up.

I carefully sat and fixed my hair.

Bigla namang lumapit sa'kin si Ash at napangiti ako sakaniya.

"Good morning." I mumbled and look at the person standing at the end of my bed.

I smiled at him, "Oh, you're here! Good morning."

He slightly smiled.

"Kaya mo ba mag water activities today? Baka hindi okay pakiramdam mo." Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Huh? Bakit naman hindi ako magiging okay? Are you alright, Ash? I'm perfectly fine." I gave her a smile assuring her that nothing's wrong.  Nothing's wrong. Nothing's wrong.

Nagkatinginan sina Eugene at huminga na lang ng malalim si Ashley.

"Osiya, mag bihis ka na. We'll have our breakfast na. Nauna na sina Grace but we need to hurry para makahabol sa island hopping." Hinila na ako patayo ni Ashley at tinulak ako papasok ng bathroom.

I heard her shoo Eugene outside and told him to just wait sa buffet.

"You're so bagal talaga. If hindi talaga ako naka-breakfast, Cadie ah!" I pouted and tugged my arm away from her.

"Alam mo Ashley, if you don't want to be late for breakfast you should've just went first instead of waiting for me. Annoying." Naiinis kong sabi sakaniya at nauna na mag lakad.

I didn't even tell her to wait for me.

"Hala, oh my gosh. I am sorry na Cadie! I'm just kidding eh! Ang grumpy mo today." She hooked her arm on mine and went inside the buffet.

Grace waved at us at tumango lang ako bago kumuha ng plato para kumuha na ng pagkain.

I was stuck choosing between a pancake or a waffle. I was about to get the waffle when someone placed a pancake on my plate.

"You eat pancakes when you wake up grumpy." He grabbed the butter, "and you like it plain when you're in this mood." Nilagpasan ko siya para mag order ng smoothie bowl. I grabbed a paper to check all the fruits and toppings I want for a smoothie bowl when he grabbed it from me and answered it himself.

Kumunot ang noo ko at tinignan siya. He noticed I was looking at him.

"You like Frozen bananas, acai mix and chocolate on your smoothie bowl, with the toppings of toasted coconut and bananas, of course with chocolate drizzle." Nagulat ako because I never really told him my love for acai bowls. How did he know?

I walked away and went to the drinks station and grabbed a- what the hell.

"Four seasons." He filled the cup for me and gave it to me.

I uttered a 'thank you' before going to where Grace and the others are seated.

Nang nakaupo ako, napansin ko na sumunod sa'kin si Eugene. He sat beside me and I felt Grace poked me.

"Anong meron diyan kay Eugene? May girlfriend iyan diba? Bakit nakabuntot sa'yo?" I shrugged my shoulders and started eating.

I really don't know as well. He's weird today. Oddly weird.

He placed my smoothie bowl at the side of my plate and smiled a little.

Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin at nag simulang kumain. After eating, I rested my back at the chair and just observed my friends.

I smiled, seeing them happy like this makes me genuinely happy too.

Sumakay na kami sa boat, since we rented it for the day and decided to go island hopping.

I grabbed my camera and started to record for memory purposes.

Nagulat ako nang biglang kinuha sa 'kin iyon.

"Ano ba-" Tinutok sa 'kin iyong camera.

"Why are you so grumpy? Smile, Cadie."

I brushed my hair and looked away.

Tinutok niya ulit sa 'kin ang camera, "Smile. Don't frown, cutie."

I sighed and placed the camera down. He stopped recording and looked at me.

I looked at him seriously, "Anong ginagawa mo?" Tanong ko.

His smiled faded and he sat straight.

"Nothing, I-"

"Anong ginagawa mo, Eugene?" Ulit ko.

He bit his lip and looked away.

"Napagusapan na natin na bibitaw na ako diba? Anong ginagawa mo?" I didn't know I can be this serious.

"I'm sorry." He uttered.

"Thank you for apologizing. But, I want to know why are you doing these kind of stuffs kahit hindi naman kailangan. May girlfriend ka, Eugene. Paano kung nalaman niya na ganito mo tratuhin ang kakilala mo lang sa school?" Umirap ako.

"I just want to make up from my poor actions. There's nothing really meaningful about it-"

"Wala nga para sa'yo. Pero para sa ibang tao meron. Eugene, don't make this too hard please?" I pleaded him and he sighed.

"Masaya ka na sakaniya diba? Okay naman kayo. Huwag mo na pahirapan sarili mo dahil bumalik ako." I explained.

"Kasi, in the first place you are so happy with her nung wala pa ako. Don't ruin it." I looked away and looked at the scenery.

"Paano kung ayoko na bumitaw ka?" Napatigil ako at bumalik ang tingin ko sakaniya.

"Once lang ako nagpakaselfish sa'yo. Stop messing things up."

"Cadie, I don't know what to do."

"You know what to do, naguguluhan ka lang because you're guilty."