🌙 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 (𝐩𝐭. 1; 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲) :: 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠

╰─➤. .  ˗ˏˋ Living without dreaming is
                    normal for a guy like me.
                    Dreams are too lavish for
                    the poor.

                    Dreams are too lavish for                    the poor

. . ˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ✨꒱

I've learned to accept that. My life's situations have shown that to me. This is just how it is and how it's gonna be.

I don't live in a fancy neighborhood or a big house. My family can't afford TV or internet so Internet cafes have become a safe haven for me. I don't have many clothes and it's mostly just hand-me-downs. I can barely afford lunch for school, what more a college in the future?

When the school counselor asked me what are my dreams for the future my response was simple.

"I have none."

Once, I did dream when I was a child. I wanted to be an idol, like the ones on TV performing on music shows. I loved writing raps and sometimes I still do to this day. However, now that I'm a bit more grown, I've put that dream behind me.

People like me and my parents focus more on trying to survive and put money to the table. Dreaming doesn't help with that. Sure, my financial situations make my life seem sad, but I've grown used to it by now. It could be worse, so I'm thankful for what I have anyways.

Of course...there's always a part of me who wants so much more than this life.

Today, an opportunity to get much more to my life happened.

I jumped startled as a bright glow appeared in my room and a dark silhouette revealed themselves. The bright glow was coming from his hourglass which mysteriously, the sand was going up in. His hat and mask covered his face but when he lifted his head to look at me, my eyes widened in shock to his own.

His eyes...matched mine. It was as if I was looking at a mirror. This man in the black fedora...was me.

"It's not the reality that makes you lose your dream; it's your decision." He said to me in my deep voice.

"So, my past self, what will your decision be?"

I was puzzled by everything that was happening but he seemed to be giving me a chance. I thought for a bit on what to do and he held the glowing hourglass out to me.

Maybe all this time I've been wrong about dreams. Maybe dreams aren't dependent on your situation, maybe they're dependent on how you get to them and your decision to reach them. My whole life I waited for my dream to happen, but...I never had any action.

I gave my persona a smile and put my hand on his hourglass. I made the decision to change my life.

. . ˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ✨꒱
[𝐀/𝐍]
I forgot to post this on Mingi's birthday 😭😭 rip but here it is anyways XD. This is kind of a mini story? So it's different than the other members. Also I was in a hurry to write these cuz the deadline was closing in so they might feel rushed hehe. Also it was last minute I decided to make one big story with Hongjoong, Mingi and The Man With The Black Fedora cuz their art seemed connected XD so yeeee~
Alrighty well happy belated birthday Mingi!! I love youuu 😘😘💗💗

Mingi's Diary OST Spotify Link:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4Cw5P74WgI5IAa2vsE6U3B?si=Qp0ym5M4SfCe7uJkRusaxg

com/playlist/4Cw5P74WgI5IAa2vsE6U3B?si=Qp0ym5M4SfCe7uJkRusaxg