65. is i love you enough to make you stay?

(i wanna address that there are two versions to this song)
you could either have a girl singing it or a guy singing it
up top is the guy

(recommended)
if you are attending anything tomorrow or for the rest of your day i would request you to read this on friday late at night.
thank you.

I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "Please don't leave me"
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
...

Lou's POV

"You love me?" His head rises as I keep mine down fiddling with the bottom hem of my jacket.

"More than, probably anything Daniel." I look up at him, fearing my mascara is probably running down my face. Thankfully I didn't apply too much, but I could care less of what Daniel thinks of it.

Daniel blinks and I notice him biting the inside of his cheek. Tears can barely be detected with the rain on our faces.

"I didn't plan a speech or anything," I speak again, pushing the strands of my hair behind my face. Daniel watches my breath in the cold February air.

"You took your stuff," he says wiping a tear from his cheek.

I run the back of my hand under my nose, "Because that's what you wanted... Look, Daniel, I never thought I would say this but we've been through so much together." I bite my lip to stop it from trembling. Shuffling my feet in the wet muddy grass.

"I remember the first day I saw you in the elevator. With that stupid pet name. And your ridiculous comment about my mismatched socks." I laugh a little bit even though it hurts my throat.

"No one knows you're leaving. No one knows where you're going either. Not even me." I look down.

"The least you can do is tell them that you're going away-

"That'll give me more reasons to wanna stay Lou," he exhales running a hand through his wet darkened hair.

"So stay Daniel!" I pause, "Don't...go."

"I don't know if anything you say will convince me enough to do that Louise." The sweet spot of my name on his lips is gone. The way it rolls off doesn't have any emotion anymore.

"I...I don't wanna go through an anagapesis phase with you Daniel. I refuse to-

"What the hell does that mean!" He cuts me off shouting in the rain.

"That I don't wanna fall out of love with you!" I yell in his face.

"I don't want to move on Daniel. I don't think I can live without you. I'm...nothing without you." My sight has shifted back to the ground.

I feel Daniel step close and wrap his arms around me tilting my chin to look at him afterward.

"You're everything Louise," he holds the side of my face, "with or without me you have it all. You're absolutely perfect. A beautiful, smart, and amazing girl."

"But I'm better with you," I cry as Daniel wipes the water from underneath my eye. I can see the water glazing over his own.

"God I wish I didn't kiss you on that day," he sighs, "I might not have known the reason then, but I know now. I was...mad that day. Jake rambled on and on about all the things he was gonna do with you. That he was gonna kiss you, make love to you, take you everywhere and I...I didn't want that. I wanted to be with you and my stupid impulse just caved in and...look where it got us."

"I-

"Shhh," he presses a kiss against my forehead, "just let me have this one more time." He leans against my body holding me tighter.

"I failed." I speak in the crook of his neck.

"You what?"

"I failed at convincing you." I whisper.

"Lou," he smiles, "I need to do this for myself. I respected you when you went through this. Maybe it's the right person, but the wrong time?"

"Where are you gonna go?" I choke on my words.

"If I tell you, you won't let me leave."

I look down as he steps away from me. Standing still close but not as close as I want. Daniel isn't going to stay in North Carolina. I can't persuade him anymore. I've failed myself, my friends...

The tears sting in my eyes, "I want you, Daniel. I need you, Daniel."

He comes close to me once more. The heat of his body passing through mine as he cups my left cheek.

"I know," he whispers, beginning to remove his hand but I grab his forearm keeping it there as the tears fill my clear vision. His index finger hooks under my chin as he presses his lips against mine.

"Please don't leave me," a sob erupts through my heart. The piercing sound is all I can hear until he speaks once more.

"I love you Lou," he trembles before pulling his arm back, turning around. Stopping for a brief moment looking down at the grass.

And before I can build up the audacity to speak again he's gone.

THE END.

a/n

i know i know it was really short but

PLS PLS PLS WAIT HERE ME OUT

WE HAVE ONE HELL OF AN EPILOGUE THAT WILL BE OUT SOMETIME THIS WEEKEND! I ALSO HAVE ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT NEW BOOKS COMING OUT LIKE INIQUITY!

please please please stay!

apathetic has been one hell of a ride. you have known what was going to happen ever since the beginning of the book.

hints have been dropped about apathetic's
"just getting started".

^^^if you want extra clues i suggest you read the PROLOGUE and some of the later chapters! i know a few of you have picked up where i'm going with this but we'll see we'll see.

ALSO, PLEASE I WANT YOU GUYS TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE STORY! I WILL BE PICKING A FEW TO GO IN THE DESCRIPTION OF APATHETIC FOR MORE NEW READERS TO GET ENGAGED! DM ME OR COMMENT ON YOUR FAVORITE PARTS ABOUT WHY YOU LOVED IT!

till sometime this weekend

xx

hannah (;