39. "i think you just fell for me"

I know I said, "Goodbye, " and, baby, you said it too
But when I touch her, I feel like I'm cheating on you
I thought that I'd be better when I found someone new
But when I touch her, I feel like I'm cheating on you
...

Lou's POV

To be honest I never thought that Daniel and I would work. I knew that when we did date for a tiny bit I could see it. I had hope but for some odd reason, I could see it fall apart in no time. I didn't want the fake part of a breakup, no one ever should be fake in a relationship.

Anyways I've been moving on pretty well. Taking care of myself, working, perfecting my grades, and even working on my physical health. Lately, I've been ice skating a lot more than I used too. Working on skills and hanging out with Roni who is my personal and private helper. She does pair skating and I found out her partner is named Eben.

He is also the guy who apparently works at the perennial cafe with me. I had no idea they skated together until I watched them perform a routine...after a hockey game, Nick and I went to see.

I wanted to hang out with Nick so I could show him the campus and we could go places I had never been to yet in UNC. It was rather fun. Nick laughed at me a lot when I was working but the weekend was exciting, to say the least.

I tie up my ice skates and head into the rink admiring the new fresh ice due to the lack of people coming on it this early in the morning. Last week one of the coolers was broken and the layer on top of the ice was thickly coated with water making it hard to jump and spin. Thankful they fixed it.

I notice one guy tying up his hockey skates with his group of friends at the bar who all look at him while shaking their heads. Yelling things through the glass window like "Do it you won't!" Or "Bet!"

I try to get my camel spin again. Breathing steadily seeing him enter the ice. His big red jersey on with skinny black jeans. I start to do my spin and the second I exit it I feel his skate collide with my standing foot making me fall back on my butt.

"Looks like you just fell for me," He flirts smiling putting his hands out to help me. I smirk to myself and yank him down to spinning to the other side so he doesn't fall on top of me.

"Or you tripped me?" I sigh, getting up and brushing the ice off of my leggings as I begin to skate away doing backward crossovers around the entire rink him skating in front of me trying to talk.

"What's your name beautiful?" He asks and I roll my eyes at the petty nickname. I hockey stop when I reach the wall and he bumps into it not stopping at all but staring at me than rubbing his shoulder from hitting the glass harshly.

"Lou Mitchell." I put my hand out to shake his as I smile to myself at how funny this situation is. This boy is cocky but in a funny, kind way.

"Andrew Moore," He grins, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I shake his hand firmly.

"Do you maybe wanna grab lunch after this session on the ice ends?" He asks me and I tilt my head over to look at his friends hyping him up.

"Is this some kind of trick?" I cock my head at him and he is quick to defend himself.

"No I just saw you with my friends over there and I thought you were pretty! You're a good skater too and my friends dared me to come and talk to you-

"You mean trip me?" I laugh, "You're good. Be done at twelve and then we can eat." I smirk at him, skating past him doing a few waltz jumps on my way out of the rink to grab my phone and text, Porter. He wanted details and updates and I guess this is one.