31. drown for your love

You pull me deep, both feet
I would drown for you loving, what's wrong with me?
I'm under water, don't wanna breath
I would drown for you loving and the repeat
...

Lou's POV

Daniel wakes up before me. I haven't opened my eyes yet but I can feel his soft hand running down my smooth cheek. His fingers lightly lingering over my face.

I peel my eyes open and I can see him. The white bedsheets and covers resting at his waist, him shirtless, laying sideways. His hair in the state of bed head and wavy curls. His eyes look tired, his whole body stiff. It's like he has been up all night.

"I'm still mad at you," he breathes out pulling his hand away from my face, and I shift my weight to the side laying on my back instead of facing him, pulling the covers right below my shoulders, breathing heavy.

"I took a walk. Came back to my place and slammed the door on his fingers. I let him in and helped him. He insisted we do something so we watched a movie and I went to grab my phone so I could see the time so I wouldn't be late but when I reached for it, he took me and placed me on his lap," I let out a sigh, still staring at the ceiling, "I was thinking about you the entire time. Believe me or not Daniel. Do whatever you want." I say and get myself out of bed picking new clothes and a new pair of underwear and bra.

Daniel continues to just sit in bed while I go to the bathroom to get dressed and brush my teeth. I wash my face, then put some moisturize on.

This whole situation is messing my mind up. I didn't do anything wrong and next thing you know we are arguing and somehow it leads us to sex and showering and falling asleep together again.

I feel horrible for what happened though. I bailed on him. I didn't forget I just never showed. The one thing that pains me the most is that he was actually trying. He wore color. He had a red t-shirt on and it was a step up. He was trying to fix this and I messed it up even more.

He's not the fuck up, I am. Which only sounds even more cliché. It's not you, it's me. Ugh. It sounds like some stupid romance movie.

I get back out into my room, Daniel still tangled up in the sheets as I move to the door heading out, skipping breakfast and quick to go outside. I run down the stairs, not taking the elevator as I make it outside.

It rained last night. I can't believe it's already October. The fresh smell of the dew makes me feel calmer. Consuming the clean air and relaxing with my eyes closed.

No one else is outside. Just me in a pair of sweatpants and a spaghetti strap shirt. My brown hair flows behind my shoulders, the wind blowing through it as I cross my arms due to the cold breeze.

For some reason, it reminds me of the beach. The water running up the sand and stopping right before it hits my feet. Right before it pulls me into something deeper.

I feel a twist at my arm, someone pulling my elbow making me turn around and see Daniel in his black jeans, with his red t-shirt on.

"Don't just leave like that Lou! Scared the shit out of me." He sighs, dropping his hand from where it is touching my arm. Creating a long line of trailing goosebumps there.

"Why should it matter Daniel? I'm no better than you," I scoff jerking myself back, turning away from him as I begin walking around 501 Estates again.

"Lou don't say that you are no better. I hurt you and come to predictions of what you and that dickhead did. I just wanna make things right," Daniel groans from behind me as I come to a stop when we reach the front of the building.