17. kiss me and leave

I'm so sick of thinking, staying up at night
I don't wanna play around, that ain't on my mind
When I think about her face, problems don't exist
But if I'm being honest with you
I'm tired of that fantasy, I'm tired of the daydream
Tired of just waiting to fall asleep to see you
I know it's imaginary but I think my mind is ready
...

Lou's POV

After an hour of just laying in bed thinking of absolutely nothing I get out and head into my bathroom. I wash my face and decide to just curl my eyelashes and fix my brows. I rub in some chap-stick and decide to look in my closet but lose focus of picking out another outfit so I just stick to the one I'm wearing now. I pull my hair back in a low ponytail, some pieces of my hair falling out in the front.

Jake texted me five minutes ago saying he was on his way. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket with a little backup money. I put my shoes back on and text him that I'll meet him in the lobby.

"Hey," I smile when he walks through the main door just at the time I make my way to it, "perfect timing!"

He aims in for a hug and when I turn around to do it I can see Daniel leaning against the far side of the wall looking at me. I shoot him a look and hold up my middle finger mouthing fuck you to him.

"Ready to go?" Jake asks me and I reply with a quick yes as a squeal. We get into his car and I feel comfortable when he's driving. Unlike Daniel who drives so carelessly like he's waiting to get hit. God, I need to stop that was mean.

"So what have you been up to today?" Jake asks me and I tell him about my classes and then suddenly it starts moving up to yelling at Daniel.

"Yeah, I know he can be such a prick sometimes!" Jake laughs and so do I. He parks close to the movie theater and gets my door for me, closing it behind me as we enter the welcome doors.

When we get inside we head straight for the concession stands. Jake pays for everything. We got popcorn, pizza slices, and candy. This date is going better than I thought. And we are actually talking unlike the one time Daniel took me to Freddy's and it was so awkward.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Jake asks, "are you a front type of girl, a way in the back type of girl, or in the middle?" He smiles and I chuckle. I walk up some steps Jack gasping every time I got higher which is making me laugh.

After finally getting settled in our seats and shutting up, the movie starts. I put the popcorn bowl in between us and ever so often we take turns putting our hands in. When we both do together we smile at each other and I giggle.

Jake can be sweet. Daniel is such a liar. Jake may come off like a jerk sometimes but once you get to know him, he isn't that bad.

I feel Jake's hand roam to my leg. Resting on my thigh inching higher every minute. It makes chills go through my body. I just wish he'd ask me if he could do that first.

I made a mistake wearing shorts.

The chills keep going but what I hate is that they aren't as big as the ones that Daniel gives me. I keep comparing them.

Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better. Jake is way better.

No, he's not.

Ugh, this is confusing.

Daniel can make me heated within a matter of seconds. He's funny in a wrong way but I sorta like it. He likes to do things that other guys don't really do. He's not afraid to do things. He's...hot. That tongue ring. The tattoos. The few rings he wears sometimes. The way his tongue comes out to lick both of his lips. The way curse words roll off his lips. The way he isn't afraid to touch me. He can cook for goodness sake! His mom is super sweet. He is paying for Zach to stay at 501 Estates. He's tall and pretty and someone I just can't take my eyes off of. He let me fall asleep on him when I had to watch movies with him and Kayla.