37. every moment with you was a mistake

(trigger warning)

Won't, won't, won't, won't
Won't let you talk me
Down
Will pull it taut, nothing let out
...

Third POV

As Lou leaned on the counter waiting for the next order, fixing her name tag she felt a feeling take over her. It was ambivalent but somewhat leaning more towards the happy side.

It was her first day on the job and some could say she was nailing it. Got every drink correct and tried her best to spell everyone's names right. Her mind was on the time. She could go home after fifteen more minutes and another one of her coworkers would take over the next shift.

He went by the name Eben which sounded oddly familiar but she couldn't put her finger on who it was.

She noticed Corbyn and Kayla sitting at a table. Eating lunch with coffee and their laptops out. Lou looks away before Corbyn can make eye contact with her. Her mind is using every last brain cell to not think of Daniel.

Speaking of the man himself. Daniel was avoiding Lou at all costs. As much as he wanted to see her she didn't want that...or that's what it seemed. Except for last night. He didn't know what she wanted but either way, she hung up on him so he chose to ignore it.

His mind tried it's very best to distract Daniel from thinking of her. Hell, it even told him how bad she was for him. Daniel would lose his rumors and people wouldn't be terrified when they heard his name or saw him coming by. Daniel couldn't beat up anyone anymore, he couldn't party without being bothered by anyone. He couldn't do what he wanted.

His mind persuaded him that he was the best version of himself when he was witty, apathetic, and sarcastic. Using dark humor was his way to get through things without crying. He was best to be apathetic. He didn't need anyone.

"Come on Daniel," Jonah groaned again, "Please." He begged Daniel again but Daniel didn't move or speak. He kept on sitting on the counter at Corbyn's place.

"I'm not talking about her." Daniel finally said hopping off of the granite material.

"You can't bottle everything up man. It's bad for your health," Jonah sighed before making himself a cup of coffee.

"Watch me." Daniel pushed past Jonah, bumping shoulders with him as he headed for the door. He headed down the stairs and to the lobby making it outside he noticed Lara sitting on a bench taking selfies of her.

Her hair pushed to one side, revealing the cakey amount of makeup on her face. Her highlighter making her cheekbones glow with glory.

Daniel walked passed her. The thought of messing with her trying to consume him and make him do it but for some reason he refused.

His mind was at a constant battle of telling him that loving Lou is a mistake but that he can never live without her in his life. Daniel's mind was going in circles so he grabbed a cigarette from his back pocket and smoked it. Leaning against the tree as he played with the small thin cylinder. Teasing it with his fingers while his other hand played with his lighter.

The flame on then off again. His eyes on it as he let out a puff of smoke from his mouth.

"You're gonna get cancer one day," Lara walked her way over to him standing two feet away chewing her gum and smacking her lips.