Ep 2: Memories Out of Reach

Back at home, the gang was having to learn how to deal with the aftermath of Starlight.

Ghost and Kim were getting along nicely. Even more so, now that they were merged. Kim was a little uncomfortable at first, but she was able to get used to it quickly. At least when she talked to herself, she wouldn't seen crazy

They gang had to explain everything to Katelyn; Aaron being the Ultima, what happened at the lodge, Ein. She was able to understand and take in everything.

Along with that, Katelyn was also getting more comfortable with werewolves. After all, it was Ein who did all those horrible things to her brother back in high school. She shouldn't generalize all werewolves because of him. Besides, Aaron gave Ein the punishment he deserves.

Lucinda tried magic a few times, but that didn't get her very far. She felt empty not being able to use her powers the same way again, so she decided to go away for a while to study magic again. If she was able to learn magic before, she could do it again. She didn't know how long she would be gone for, but she still called every week to check in on everyone.

Garroth and Melissa had become close during this time. Because he was still getting used to being a werewolf, Melissa had to help him. Garroth still had trouble with breaking down doors.

Zane and Kawaii-Chan's relationship had only gotten stronger since the day they left Starlight. While Zane was still new to the idea of a relationship, he was happy when he was with Nana. Kawaii-Chan even helped him learn everyone's names again and not refer to everyone as numbers.

When it came to Aaron, everyone had to help with his memories and his sight. They had to tell him their names and their relationship with him. Aaron didn't really question anything when it came to who they were. He was able to be friends with them to a point.

Melissa moved in with Aaron to help him with his blindness. The void burns were also able to heal within a few weeks after Lucinda gave them a recipe for an ointment she got from one of her teachers.

The main thing that was on Aaron's mind was Shu.

When Aaron was able to remember the online game he met Shu on, Melissa saw that Shu hadn't been on the game in a while.

The gang made sure to tell Aaron that whenever he remembered something, he would tell them as soon as he did.

Aaron was able to remember a few things here and there, like the color of someone's hair, the name of his favorite TV show, a song that made him want to suffocate to death (Barbie Girl).

When it came to memories about Aphmau, there would just be a flatline on the other end of Aaron's brain.

This was something that the gang was equally worried about. Aphmau and Travis would be coming home any day, and it would break Aphmau's heart to see that her own fiance didn't remember her.

One night, while Aaron was asleep, he had a dream.

He was lying in the grass, looking up at the sky. He was able to see the stars and the moon.

Aaron slowly sat up as he looked around. He wanted to take in every ounce of the night sky, in case he never could again.

He suddenly heard footsteps behind him, but he didn't turn around. All he cared about were the moon and the stars.

"Aaron?"

That voice. It was that voice that he heard back on the beach.

He turned around to see a girl smiling softly at him. She had long raven hair, sparkling amber eyes, and soft caramel skin. She was wearing a purple sweater with black shorts and leggings.

She was beautiful and Aaron found himself staring at her.

The girl walked closer to him and held out her hand to him.

Aaron reluctantly took her hand as she pulled him up.

Now that he was standing, he noticed how much shorter she was than him.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" She said, "Well, it's only been a few months, but it feels like an eternity, right?"

Aaron was confused.

He's never met this girl before, but she's acting like they've known each other their entire lives.

Who was she?

Was she someone he was supposed to know?

"I-I'm sorry for asking, but do I know you?" he finally asked.

"Yeah." she said, "You just don't remember. But you will."

Aaron was confused. He wanted to know who she was, but she wouldn't tell him who she is.

"Well, you do sound familiar." Aaron said, "But who are you?"

The raven haired girl did nothing but laugh. She placed a hand on his cheek and said, "That's something for you to find out on your own. Let's just say I helped you out through some tough spots."

Aaron found himself staring into the raven haired girl's amber eyes.

He's never seen such beautiful eyes.

Aaron woke up with a small gasp and to total darkness.

He heard that people dream with people that they've met or seen before. But he doesn't remember seeing this girl in his life.

But she was trying to tell him something. She wants him to remember her.

He heard his bedroom door open. It was Melissa.

"Aaron, are you alright?" she asked, "I was reading and I heard you talking to yourself."

"Huh? Oh, sorry Melissa." Aaron said, "I was just dreaming."

"About what?"

"I can't say for sure, but I think I remembered someone."

Melissa's ears perked up with excitement. She sat down next to Aaron on his bed and said, "Tell me. Right now."

Aaron took a breath. Was his sister always this demanding?

"I was with a girl, but she wouldn't tell me who she was. Something about me needing to find out for myself. She had black hair, amber eyes, tan skin. Did I know someone like that?"

Melissa's heart almost stopped beating all together.

Aaron was finally starting to remember Aphmau!

Melissa was about to tell Aaron who she was when she stopped herself. If his dreams were saying to find out who she was for himself, then maybe that was how he needed to remember Aph.

"No, I don't think so." Melissa said with a sigh. She didn't want to have to lie to her brother, but she knew that she needed to do this. She was gonna have to tell Lucinda about this tomorrow. Maybe one of her teachers will know something about dreams.

"Oh." She could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"I guess you never met her, like you never met Shu."

"Shu must be really special to you, huh?"

Aaron didn't reply. He lied back down and turned on his side. "Goodnight, Melissa."

"Goodnight, Aaron."

Melissa left Aaron's room and went to write down what he told her.

She looked out of her bedroom window at the moon and whispered,

"Aphmau, wherever you are, please come home. Aaron remembers you, you're just so far out of reach."