Ep 13: You Jerk

The car ride wasn't long, but that didn't stop Aaron from falling asleep. 

He had another dream.

He found himself in the same spot where he and the girl would always meet. It would always be night time and he would always have his vision back. He almost looked forward to going to sleep so he could meet the girl again.

"Hey, Aaron!"

Aaron turned his head to see the girl running towards him. She was panting slightly from running and, as always, had a grin on her face. 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He asked. 

"Of course, anything." She said.

"Is it alright if I call you Shu for now? It's just that you said that Shu was only a part of who you really are. That's the only thing I know about you now, so can I call you that?"

"Sure."

"Thanks."

The girl sat down next to Aaron and looked up at the sky with him, her raven hair blowing in the light breeze. 

(Just to clarify, when Aaron's dreaming with Aphmau, she's still going to be referred to as "the girl" since Aaron still doesn't know who she is, even though he's calling her Shu for simplicity. Just so we're clear on things)

They sat in silence for a while, staring up at the night. 

After a bit, Aaron finally broke the silence, "Hey, Shu?"

"Hm?"

"How do you know my real name?" It was a question that's been burning inside him for a while. Shu hasn't called him 'Aaron', but he's heard her call him that when she's talking to other people. And now here she was calling him that in his dreams. 

"Oh, I found out in high school."

"W-we went to high school together?"

"Yep. We didn't know who we were at first, but we found out on accident."

The girl turned her head to him and said with a smile, "You were a pretty big jerk to me back then."

This caught him off guard. When was he ever a jerk to Shu?

"W-what? I'd never be a jerk to you."

"Sorry, but you were. But don't worry, it's not like I was any better to you, anyway. If anything, I was a little attracted to you."

Aaron felt his face go hot. What was she saying?

"Your abs were rock hard, the scar on your face was adorable-"

"Ok, I'm gonna stop you right there! What are you talking about?!"

The girl then began laughing and fell to the ground on her back.

"Oh, Aaron, you're funny. I never had those thoughts about you. And even if I did, I wouldn't say it out loud."

Aaron calmed down and felt a little disappointed. He didn't remember having any feelings for Shu, so why does he feel upset about this?

"Aaron." The girl said.

"Yeah, Shu?"

"There's something you need to know about me. When you wake up, you're not going to remember most of what I tell you."

Aaron felt his heart stop. "What?"

"Your memory is still foggy. I'm helping you with it, but at the same time, I'm still in your dreams. It's not like you're going to remember them like a movie. Dreams can be easily forgotten. So, even if I tell you something revolutionary, there's a high chance that you won't remember it."

Aaron felt his heart sink. If that was the case, then what was the point of her being here?

"But don't worry." The girl said. She placed a hand on his cheek and lifted his face up to look at her. Her warm amber eyes sparkled, and her tan skin was glowing in the moonlight. 

"You'll still remember some of what I say."

Aaron smiled and leaned into her hand. 

'She feel so warm.' He thought to himself. 

"Oh, and one last thing: don't tell Shu about these dreams when you wake up." The girl said. 

"Ok, I won't." He said.

"Aaron. Aaron."

Aaron felt someone shake his shoulder gently. He opened his eyes and saw a blurry dark shape in front of him.

"We're here." Zane said. 

"O-oh." Aaron said. "How long was I asleep?"

"You were out for the entire car ride." Katelyn said. "Have you been getting any sleep lately?"

"Yeah, I just felt tired."

"That's ok." Aphmau said. "I'm sure you feel well rested enough to eat."

"I know I am." Travis said. "Pancakes, I'm coming for you!" He ran inside to claim a table as fast as he could and the group followed him inside. 

But the girl was right: Aaron didn't remember almost anything she said. 

But at the time, he remembered not to tell the Shu that was with him right now about her.