Ep 24: Almost Gone

(Hey, gang! Sorry it's been a while. I've been busy with school work and I've been taking a break from writing to spend the holidays with my family. I hope you all had a happy holidays and a happy new year, BTW. Also... we are on the last few chapters of this story. I couldn't come up with other ideas for the party prep chapters, so I decided to just jump to the day of the party. Also, my mind's been on other story ideas recently that I really want to get to, and I don't want to just leave this one abandoned. So, I'm gonna start to wrap up this story. Enjoy! ❤)

Of course, it didn't surprise Aaron when he woke up in the same spot almost every night. 

And of course, it didn't surprise him to see the amber-eyed girl. 

However, it did surprise him when she said, "You know, I can't keep showing up forever." 

"What do you mean?" He asked. 

The girl had a small grin with a hint of sadness in her eyes, "I'm mostly here so you can try to regain your memories again. Once you get them back..." 

The longer the silence dragged, the more Aaron understood. 

It was only a matter of time before the girl would fade away from him forever. 

"But then... I'll never see you again." He said in heartbreak. 

While he hardly ever remembered the amber-eyed girl when he'd wake up from these dreams, he felt like he remembered every moment they shared when he'd go back. 

He always knew where he'd be, who to expect. What made him excited for their encounter was the conversation. He'd never know what she'd talk about; whether it's the way he acted in the past, or a random memory she found funny, she always had something to talk about.

It never occurred to him that it wouldn't last.

"Hey, that's not true." The amber-eyed girl said, her attitude seemed to have perked up.

"You just said-"

"But I'm in the real world."

Aaron was a little confused. This was the only place he saw her. And if she was in the real world, who was she the whole time?

"But then... who were you?"

The girl smiled ear to ear and said, "I've been right under your nose, Aaron. It's only a matter of time before you realize."

"Wh-What?"

The girl silently hugged Aaron from behind and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I'm never leaving you again, FC." She whispered.