Ep 20: Party Prep Day 1

There was a lot to do before Lucinda's welcome home party; create a guest list, get the food ready, music, gifts, ect.

Kawaii-Chan was in charge of making treats the day of the party. To quote her, "I'd rather be dead than eat a stale cookie."

Dante was gonna fire up the grill the day of the party and make burgers and hotdogs.

Katelyn and Melissa were in charge of decorations while Laurence and Garroth were in charge of music.

Dante, Garroth, Laurence, Travis and Aaron were at Target to buy sodas and snacks.

"You sure these drinks won't go bad before the party?" Travis asked.

"It'll be fine." Dante said, "The expiration dates on these things go on for, like, months."

"If you need any help getting around, just hold onto me." Laurence told Aaron.

"Thanks." Aaron said, "But I'm able to get around just fine. I'm not completely blind."

"My offer's still open."

"Ok, guys. Let's not waste time." Garroth said, "Let's just get what we need and go home. We can go see a movie tonight." 

"Yeah, I'm down with that." Travis said.

When they went in the store, the guys split up to find the soda and chips faster.

Aaron and Laurence went to find the chips while Dante, Travis and Garroth went to find the sodas.

It was a pretty big Target, so there was a lot of area to cover.

"Here, soda, soda, soda." Dante said, "Come to papa Dante."

"You think you can sniff them out, Garroth?" Travis asked looking around the aisles. 

"I would, but it's hard when all I can smell is cardboard and plastic!" Garroth groaned.

"Oh. What does that smell like?"

"Emptiness and a moving van."

"How about you try listening to soda?" Dante asked. 

Garroth stared at him with a deadpan expression, "What would I be listening for?"

"...Carbonation?"

After a few seconds of silence, Travis whacked the back of Dante's head.

Meanwhile, Aaron and Laurence were already in the chip aisle picking out which ones to get.

"So, Doritos or Cheetos?" Laurence asked holding up the bags. 

"Hmm. How about Doritos? Who doesn't love Doritos?" Aaron said. 

"I don't know if Zane likes Doritos."

"Seriously?"

Dante, Travis and Garroth were still looking around the store looking for soda, sometimes ending up in the same spots more than once.

"Ugh. We've been walking around for hours!" Dante cried out.

"It's been 10 minutes." Garroth said. 

"Look, let's just find someone who works here and ask where to find the soda." Travis said. 

"What? No!" Dante said, "Do you know what'll happen if we ask an employee?"

"They'll help us?" Garroth asked.

"They'll judge us! Or what if they can't give us the answer we need? We are men. We're able to find the soda on our own!"

Garroth and Travis just went with Dante's logic, ready to ask an employee if they saw one.

"Do you remember us going to high school together?" Aaron asked Laurence. 

"Yeah, we all did." Laurence said. 

"And we all just live on the same block?"

"Yeah. Come to think of it, that's always been the case. We've lived in the same area for our whole lives. It's like we're tethered together."

"Yeah. Weird. Does Lucinda like Lays?"

"Of course, it's a classic."

 "Dante, it's been half an hour." Garroth rolled his eyes, "Just ask someone who works here."

"NEVER!" Dante said running off.

"Hey, get back here!" Travis called out as he and Garroth chased after him. 

Dante hopped onto a nearby cart and used an umbrella as a paddle to scoot away, Travis and Garroth at his heals.

At this point, Laurence and Aaron were at the check out with Doritos and Lays.

"Huh. I wonder where everyone else is with the soda?" Aaron wondered.

They heard a loud crash and turned to see Dante in a cart which was now crashed into a rack of clothes, Garroth and Travis catching up behind them.

"We found it!" Travis panted holding up a bottle of cola and ginger ale.

An employee walked up to them, hands on hips, ready to kick them out.

"Do they always do stuff like this?" Aaron asked.

"You have every right to disown us." Laurence said hanging his head.

Chips and soda. Check, I guess...