Ep 11: Surprise Group Date

(Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. Online school's been beating me up)

After Aphmau, Melissa and Garroth got back from the park, the gang got together at Aphmau's house.

"So, what is it, Aphmau?" Kim asked. "The text Garroth sent seamed urgent."

"Well, it's important, but I wouldn't say it's urgent." Melissa said.

"So, what is it then?" Zane asked.

Aphmau took a small breath and said, "It's about Aaron. Before me and Travis came back, did he ever talk about someone named 'Shu'?"

Everyone was silent for a few moments before Katelyn said, "Actually, yeah. He talked about it often."

"We never had any idea what he was talking about. We figured it was just another memory of his." Ghost said. 

"Well, you're all partially right." Travis said. "You're looking at Shu."

"What?" Everyone said. 

"In high school, and even before then, there was an online game I played a lot. My character's name was Shu. I didn't know this until high school, but Aaron played with me as FC and even became a really close friend." Aphmau explained. "So, in a way, Aaron remembers me."

Aphmau, Melissa and Travis then explained to everyone everything; Aaron's dreams, what Lucinda said about the dreams, and how they need to refer to Aphmau as Shu whenever Aaron's around. 

Everyone was silent as they talked, and at the end, they all understood and agreed.

"It's gonna take a while to get used to that, but I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually." Garroth said.

"You won't even last a week." Zane said. "You'll spill if Aaron so much as breaths in your direction."

"Hey! I can keep a secret."

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that."

As if on cue, Aaron came in the living room from upstairs. "Hey guys. What are we talking about?"

Everyone froze and felt their hearts stop. Had he been listening the whole time?

"A-Aaron!" Kawaii-Chan said. "W-What are you doing?"

"I was just hanging out upstairs and I heard you guys talking and I wanted to see what was going on." He said. "So what are we talking about?"

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. He didn't hear anything. 

"Uh..." Katelyn said. "We... we were just..."

"We were planning where Katelyn and I should go out tonight! You're welcome to join us if you want!" Travis said. 

"Travis!"

"Oh." Aaron said. "Well, wouldn't I be intruding? This sounds like a personal thing you guys are doing."

"Well, actually it-"

"Well, since you invited Aaron, can me and Zane come along?" Kawaii-Chan asked innocently.

"What?!" Zane and Katelyn said.

"Kawaii-Chan-"

"You and I haven't had much time together lately. I just figured that this would be a good opportunity." Kawaii-Chan said. 

Zane stayed silent for about a moment and said, "F-F-Fine! Just don't make me dress up in anything uncomfortable." 

"Don't worry, Zane. It's a pretty casual place." Travis said.

Katelyn groaned in surrender and said, "Well, this looks like a group thing now. So the more the merrier, I guess."

"So, what do you say, Aaron?" Travis asked. "You down? You can go with Shu. It can be a triple date."

"No, triple date sounds weird." Garroth said. "If it's a 'group thing', then why isn't it a 'group date'?"

"Must you always be so technical?" Ghost said. 

"Well, Shu and I are just friends, so it wouldn't really be a 'date.' I'll go if she does." Aaron said. 

Aphmau thought about it for a second. This sounds like a good opportunity to spend more time with Aaron, but at the same time, she didn't know if he's been out in public at all since he got back.

"Uh... s-sure." She said. "It sounds like fun. Where are we going?"

"Uh..." Travis said. "I..."

"Hop." Katelyn said. "IHOP."

Aphmau was immediately reminded of the time she and Aaron went to IHOP a few years ago. It caused so much confusion and shenanigans. 

"Oh, sure." Aaron said. "I'd love to. I'll see you guys then."

When Aaron went back upstairs, everyone immediately stared at Aphmau.

"What?" She asked.

"You're going to IHOP with Aaron!" Garroth gushed. "This brings back so many memories!"

"You mean like when you and Laurence tried to sabotage me and Aaron's chances of having a relationship?" 

Garroth looked down in embarrassment. "I've changed."

"I know, I'm just teasing. But, Melissa? Has Aaron ever been out in public before we came back?"

"Yeah, he has." Melissa said. "With his vision slowly coming back, it should be easier for him to go around. If he said yes to this group date, then it means that he wants to spend time with you. You want him to remember you as Aphmau, don't you?"

"Yes, more than anything."

"Then do it!"

"JUST DO IT!" Katelyn shouted.

"All right, all right!" Aphmau said. "Geez."

All she hoped was that the date would go well.