Ep 17: Everlasting Heartbreak

Aaron fell asleep almost as soon as he closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was in the spot he knew the girl with the amber eyes would be.

"So, what did we learn?"

Aaron turned around and saw the girl sitting in a tree he didn't know was there.

"What?" He asked.

"I heard you got a new memory tonight." The girl said, hopping down. "What was it?"

"I just remember going to IHOP with you. And then you told me that Laurence and Garroth tried to sabotage it?"

"And?"

"They liked you at some point and they were jealous of me."

"You got it!"

Aaron was glad that he was remembering, but everything he remembered made him more confused by the girl. Why was she saying these things? What do they mean?

"But of all people, why were they jealous of me?" He asked. 

"Well, to be fair, they were jealous of everyone. But since you and I were especially close, they thought we were a thing." the girl said. 

Aaron felt his face heat up slightly, "W-were we?"

The girl gave him a side smirk, "Maybe we were, maybe we weren't."

Aaron felt something snap. 

"Why won't you tell me straight?" 

The girl didn't reply for a moment, "You know why."

"Shu, my memories are coming back slowly. I know that you're trying to help, but you're giving me so many vague answers, I can't figure anything out!"

He turned away to look at the ground.

"What are you trying to say? That we were together? That we had feelings for each other? That we met? I never met you, Shu. At least not that I know. Whatever I know, whatever you know, it's almost worthless now."

Aaron felt the built up tension water down.

"Just saying we had something means nothing. Why can't you tell me what we had? If we had anything at all."

The whole time Aaron released his frustration, the amber-eyed girl stayed silent. 

"If I don't remember, does what we had mean anything?"

The silence from the amber-eyed girl was almost agonizing. He turned around to look at her, but she was gone.

His heart nearly stopped. Was she gone for good?

When he turned around again, the girl was standing right in front of him. Aaron slightly jumped back in surprise.

The girls face seemed heart broken and her eyes were glossy. This was the first time Aaron didn't see her smile.

"I'm not the real Shu, Aaron. I can only say so much as just a dream." She said.

When the words left her mouth, Aaron felt a jab of guilt. He knew that she wasn't the real Shu, but she almost felt like it.

"Your memories mean more to you and Shu than you'll ever know. Things might not make sense now, but I promise they will."

Aaron stayed quiet and nodded. It wasn't fair to take his anger out on Shu. It wasn't fair to rely all of his memories on his friends. They were doing the best they could.

"I know you're frustrated, but please remember, I will always be here for you." 

The girl placed a hand on his cheek, and before he knew it, the girl was kissing Aaron.

Aaron stayed still with wide eyes as he felt his face go hot.

Maybe there was potential in his memories after all.

Aaron woke up with his face feeling hot and his heart racing. 

He didn't know why, but something in him felt like he needed to talk to Shu.