Ep 23: Party Prep Day 3

Katelyn and Travis were in the living room making decorations for Lucinda's party.

They were in the middle of making a large banner that was supposed to say "Welcome Home, Lucinda."

"I think this could use some feathers." Travis said.

"Oh, no, you don't." Katelyn said, "You don't have a good track record with feathers."

"Hey, that was then, this is now. I will show you that I am now a master of feathers."

Travis went to go find feathers from his house.

Just then, Kim came in just as Travis left.

"Hey, Katelyn." She said.

"Oh, hey, Kim." Katelyn said, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to see how the decorations were going. Also, Ghost just wanted to talk to some people."

"Well, I'd say the decorations are going fine. Wait, what do you mean that Ghost wanted to talk?"

"I just wanted to actually reach out to some of you." Ghost said through Kim.

"Ok, not gonna lie, I'm still not used to that." Katelyn said getting up from the floor.

"Sorry. It's just that, it's been a while since I was able to reach out to others, and until recently, Kim mostly kept me at bay."

"I said I was sorry." Kim said.

"I have little memory of my past life, and I just want to reach out to others again. Make new connections. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I almost feel useless."

"But aren't you living through Kim?" Katelyn asked.

Ghost didn't reply. She knew she could take over Kim's body at any point for a little bit, but she didn't want to make Kim uncomfortable, so she never bothered even asking.

But ever since Starlight, she felt as though there was hardly any point for her anymore. She just wanted to try to make some new friends.

"Ghost?" Katelyn asked.

"Yes?"

"Have you ever tried doing things in Kim's body?"

"I've done that before, but that didn't go well last time. I had no control over myself."

"That was a long time ago, Ghost." Kim said, "If that's what you wanted, why didn't you say so?"

"I knew you were uncomfortable the last time I did it. I didn't want to bring that upon you once more."

Kim was a little surprised at this. Yeah, she was uneasy the first time she was taken over by Ghost, but they're merged together now.

It would only be fair is she shared her body with Ghost every now and again.

"You can do it." She said.

"What?" Ghost asked in surprise.

"You can take over my body whenever you like. But only on the condition that you don't do anything too wild."

Ghost didn't know what to say. While she was merged with Kim, she always took a back seat with her.

But now, she was letting her truly live vicariously through her.

"Thank you, Kim."

"Anytime."

Just then, they all heard an explosion near by.

"What was that?" Kim asked.

"Oh, no." Katelyn said running to the door, "Travis!"

Kim ran after her to see what was going on.

They went to Travis' house to find the backyard on fire and Travis in the center of it.

"Ok, so maybe I'm not a feather master." He said dizzily.

Needless to say, they called the fire department.