Ep 21: Party Prep Day 2

Katelyn was in the living room on her laptop thinking of people to invite to Lucinda's welcome home party.

She had a pretty good idea of who she was gonna invite. Aphmau even gave her a list of some old friends she wanted to see. 

"Hey, Katelyn Senpai." Kawaii-Chan said when she came in the room.

"Oh, hey, Kawaii-Chan." Katelyn replied, "I was just making an invitation list for the party. Is there anyone you want me to invite while I'm at it?"

"Mmm... No, I don't think there's anyone I want to invite in particular. Did you invite Nicole?" 

"Yeah, I invited her." 

Katelyn showed Kawaii-Chan her laptop and she looked over it carefully.

"Hold on. You're inviting your dad?" 

"Well, yeah. We get along with him just fine and I want to see how he's doing. Is that a problem?"

"No, I just thought it was interesting you decided to invite him."

A knock was heard at the door and Kawaii-Chan got up to answer.

When she opened the door, she found Sylvanna.

Katelyn and Kawaii-Chan felt a little shocked and awkward. On one hand, this was Aphmau's mom and they got along with her well for the most part. But on the other hand, the last time they saw her, she didn't say much about what happened on Starlight and Aphmau said she didn't say the best things about Aaron when they left.

So, needless to say, they didn't know what to do or say.

"Oh... Sylvanna." Katelyn said, "What are you... doing here?" 

"I just want to see my mija." She said, "Is she here?"

"Uh......................." Kawaii-Chan thought, "Let me go see." She left to the house next door where Aaron and Aphmau were.

"Come on in." Katelyn said.

Sylvanna went in and sat down on the couch.

When she sat down, Katelyn went to the kitchen window that had a view of the next door living room.

She saw Kawaii-Chan talking to Melissa and Aphmau, who seemed to be freaking out, Aaron on the couch taking a nap.

"So, what have you been doing these days?" She asked Sylvanna as she watched the window.

"Oh, well, nothing. Eric and I have been going steady. We actually just came back from a road trip to the Grand Canyon." She said.

"Oh, that sounds fun. I hope you took pictures."

She saw Aphmau calm down and follow Kawaii-Chan to the front door back to Katelyn and Kawaii-Chan's house.

Their door opened with Kawaii-Chan and Aphmau, "Hi mom."

"Mija!" Sylvanna ran up to Aphmau and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Uh, we'll give you two some privacy." Katelyn said dragging Kawaii-Chan into the other room.

They hid out in the hallway bathroom with their ears pressed against the door.

"What do you think she's gonna say?" Kawaii-Chan asked.

"Hopefully not to talk smack about Aaron." She replied.

They stayed very quiet since their voices were almost muffled on the other side of the door.

"We've been fine. We're actually throwing Lucinda a welcome home party for when she comes back next week." They heard Aphmau say.

"That's great, mija." Sylvanna said, "But I wanted to talk to you about Aaron." 

"Mom, whatever you're going to say, I'm not leaving Aaron, especially not now."

"That's not what I was going to say. How is he?" 

"You... You really want to know?" 

"I didn't know what was going on back then, I want to know what happened now."

Aphmau told Sylvanna everything that happened at Starlight. Sylvanna said nothing while she talked and listened carefully.

There were a few seconds of silence before Sylvanna spoke again, "Listen, Aphmau. I'm sorry for what I said about Aaron. I didn't know what he was going through, and I don't know if I ever will fully understand. But if he's willing to sacrifice so much for you, then I don't need to know anything else. Can I talk to him?"

"O-Of course." 

They heard Sylvanna and Aphmau get up and leave the house.

When they heard the door close, they left the bathroom.

"Wow." Katelyn said, "I wasn't expecting Sylvanna to apologize like that." 

"Well, you can't hate Aaron-kun forever." Kawaii-Chan said, "Come on, let's finish up the list. I'll help with invitations." 

So, they went back to the living room to finish the invites.