A beginning, an End.

Walter concentrated on taking slow, even breaths. Why on earth had he said "yes" to this?

He stood in the most sacred place in New Trollmarket – next to the Heartstone. With him stood Blinky, holding his leader's staff. The partial strand of Christmas lights still adorned it, giving the object a certain element of eccentricity, just like Blinky. The other troll wore a big, black bowtie, poking out from under his chin. Perhaps it was his attempt at dressing up for the occasion even though he still wore the same worn-out trousers as always.

The rest of the room was filled with the trolls of New Trollmarket, seated on a host of mismatched chairs – no two of which were identical.

Claire stood in the front row, holding Emil who grinned up at her and babbled happily as she made baby noises at him.

Even Nomura was there, sitting near the middle of the assembly where she wouldn't be immediately noticed, but her green eyes still stood out to Walter as he surveyed the crowd.

He took another breath to steady his nerves. This was what Barbara wanted. Despite his dislike for being put on display like this, he was willing to do it for her.

His wings prevented him from wearing any sort of shirt; the best he'd been able to do was switch out his drab, brown cape for a nicer looking white one. He considered black, but after trying it on decided it made him look too much like a monster out of a movie. White was the best he could do.

The music started, and Walter was grateful it wasn't the traditional, bombastic bridal entrance. Nomura chose this song. Chopin's Clair de Lune played from her MP3 player now hooked up to a loud speaker so the soft tones of the piano could ring throughout the caves.

All the trolls stood.

Walter's nervous annoyance vanished, washed away by the sight of Barbara emerging from the back of the gathering. She walked arm in arm with Jim down the hastily-made aisle. She was... stunning. She'd told him her dress wasn't anything special – more of a summer dress than a wedding gown. It was white with a pattern of blue flowers, but the sight of her made him forget to breathe all the same. Her hair was elegantly arranged atop her head, allowing a few strands of red to frame her beautiful face.

Jim wore his Trollhunter armor, shining and spot-free.

As mother and son approached, the realization hit Walter – this was not some contrivance of his imagination; it was real.

When Barbara and Jim reached the Heartstone, they shared a hug before Jim stepped aside, taking his place next to Claire as the music ended.

Walter stared at his bride, dumbfounded. Barbara smiled at him, blushing just the slightest bit.

"Dearly beloved," Blinky started in a voice fitting any movie or TV-show. "We are gathered here today to witness the union between Barbara Lake and Waltolomew Stricklander."

Walter just managed to keep back a nervous gulp as he silently begged Blinky not to ruin this most important moment. Walter didn't know if he would be able to handle the other troll pulling some hair-brained shenanigan right now.

"This union," Blinky continued, "is a union that goes beyond all rhyme and reason, against all odds. These two met in the midst of war, one not even knowing she was ensconced in conflict and that the man in front of her was the enemy. Neither was she aware he was from another world – one of trolls and magic. His world and hers were so different that even the thought of them someday becoming one was not just unlikely, but impossible. That these two who circumstance made into enemies would find a way to become partners was even more unlikely."