CHAPTER 16 - THE BREAK UP

THE BREAK UP

After the celebration of our winning and weekend has past. I ride to school and head straight to my locker still limping with a bandage on my left knee but in my surprised i got greeted by a bunch of people i dont know in the campus "hi bailey!" a guy with his friends "hello bailey" a group of girls waved sweetly at me, everyone waved at me like im one of the celebrity and i greeted them back.

I take my stuff from my locker grinning suddenly emily throws her arms around me from behind "theres our girl of the hour!" she said happily "hey champ!" tom gave me a gentle nudge.

"hey you guys!" i respond "eeeeepp! i still cant believe you won the game!" grace exclaimed ecstatically

We walk to the classroom laughing and talking "I still can't believe your friends with David!" Emily elbows me gently "and the way he looks at you... Girl!" she added

"yeah, we saw that. Did you get his number?" grace wiggles her eyebrows at me, grinning "oh stop! First you keep teasing me with holly now david?" i whispered while getting my books from my bag and shook my head.

"well you're single and where just looking for the right person just for you" I frowned by grace comment "yeah you should go on a date with wait... so who would you pick? Is it David, Holly, Peter or Jak-" I quickly covered Tom's mouth before he could finish his sentence

"SHUT UP!" I look at him in disbelief "what is wrong with you?!" Emily gently hit him with her book.

"Seriously tom?!" I added "I'm sorry" he replied looking embarrassed and shook my head, furrowed "speaking of.." grace whispered.

We glance at the door seeing Jake approaching with Maddison beside him they saw us staring and gave us a faint smile in response

He sit on the next chair beside us with Maddison in front of him "good morning to you guys!" he grins "morning, how's your injury?" I respond and Maddison glance at me with no expression on her face

"well I'm still in one piece, how's your leg?" he said and I took a glance at my bandage leg I felt a sting when I try to bend it "it's great... though im unhappy with these white boot i have, but it looks cool right?" I said grinning and he chuckles.

I even saw a small smile formed on Maddison lips but she looks down to hide it.

Then Alex approach "hey champ, looking good!" giving me a high five while Kyle nods at me "hi em!" he grins

"hey" she respond and her eyes widen in disbelief, beaming. I gently nudges her shoulder while grace clears her throat smiling.

Holly approached putting a small box in my table and runs to her chair without saying anything.

Emily and I open the box glancing at one chocolate cupcake with a "You're The Star" written on it, I was shocked by it and stare at her saying "thank you" on my lips.

She tucks her hair behind her ear, blushing and Emily shook her head grinning. "wow!" Tom and grace said in unison "can I eat it?" Tom added "that's not for you" grace argued.

"Good morning class!" Ms Hale entered and we greeted her back "first I wanted to congratulate our basketball team for winning the game.." everyone in the class cheered

"especially the best team and our captain jake... also lets welcome our new member... BAILEY for joining the team!" she said proudly and the room filled with joyful applause.

"we've waited 3 years to beat those ugly birds (The Falcons)" Ms Hale exclaimed and we all laughed "thank you for bringing the victory back to us" she added nodding at me and i smiled back to her.