CHAPTER 13 - STARES

Its weekend and i've been in my bed lying and reminiscing while staring at the ceiling for an hour while playing music through the radio Up All Night by Khalid on my phone.

"Take me 'round the world and back again
As I'm searching for my soul out there
Oh, there's something that I'm wondering
Where I'm going when my story ends"

"does the radio speaks to me now?" my mind says. I start wondering if i agreed to joining the team it will help me for my scholarship to get in college and If i say no... same goes just like the current situation...

I still remember my friends watching me while playing basketball with Jake's team, they where so supportive and everyone else was so being nice to me i even saw maddisons smiling a bit but then she looks away when she notice me staring at her that day.

I startled to sit up when emily came to my room immediately "what the fudge!" i exclaimed, she sit next to me at my bed "hi!" she greeted while eating crackers shes holding "ever heard of knocking?" i told her "what? were bestfriend, beside not just a bestfriend like a sisters!" she argued "still you need to knock before invading someones privacy" i said flatly.

"what are you doing here by the way?" i asked while organizing my desk next to my bed and pick some crackers from her lap shes holding "i got bored in the house and my parents are at work so i came here" i frowned "well you could've just call me or text me first before coming in here maybe i can cook something for you" i added.

"and how do you even open the door, it was locked?!" i exclaimed i remember that im alone in the house and i assured that the door was locked when my aunt left, she chuckled "relax bailey! i know everyone put the spare keys under the pot right next to their door" i raised my eyebrow at her "what are you a burglar?" i said and she just chuckled in response.

"you're so unbelievable right now, that is not appropriate em. you just came out of nowhere!" i added and she shrugs "anyways lets go to the mall!" she suggest "nah" i respond "oh come on arent you bored being alone here?" she added "well i can watch movies and play basketball at the backyard or cook or do my chores" i told her and she just rolled her eyes at me

"thats right!" i choked when she exclaimed at me "lets watch nexflix, come on!" she grab my hand rushing downstairs at the living room and grab the remote to open the tv "wow are you in a hurry?" i asked "no just bored" she added while scrolling movies on netflix, i shook my head in response

"lets watch insidious then!" she clicked the movie "what no!" i said loudly and she turn to me "what are you scaredy cat?" she said chuckling "no.." i lied while looking at my phone and checking my newsfeed on facebook

"do you want me to order pizza or chinese food?" she asked "no thanks, we have some chips and chocolates here" i told her and get some two different flavor Pic-A chips from the kitchen drawer.

"thanks" she beams at me "so... have you decided if your gonna join the team?" she added and i sighed heavily "not yet..." i replied, she nods.

While watching insidious i put the pillow covering my face when alice talking to some ghost in purgatory, while i stared at emily she then turns her head at me "what are you doing?" she asked laughing and i sternly stared at her "you're weak!" she added giggling.

I tap the pillow that im holding onto her face, she gasped and she did the same. We stopped when my phone rings "its holly" i said "oooh! answer it!" emily said giggling i rolled my eyes at her reaction.

"hi holly." i said calmly "hey bailey, whatcha doin?" she asked "just hanging out with em... and you?" i respond "uhm... Nothing actually, what're you guys doing anyway?" she added "we're... watching Netflix at my house" i told her while emily still focus on watching the movie "can i... can I come over?" she said nervously and i put her on mute while telling emily about it and she agreed "oh.. uhm sure why not, i'll text you the address" i told her "yay, cool! See you in a minute" she said happily and hung up.