CHAPTER 8 - At The Game

AT THE GAME

Me and my friends headed to the game venue after school, NORTHWOOD HIGH vs WESTHIGH. A lot of people went to the game, their families plus the other school students , cheerleaders, the bands and the basketball players.

Emily and grace cheered and everyone else when the game is about to start they even bring a #1 foam finger while tom and i are just chillin.

The game was pretty much intense and i noticed a tall big blonde bad looking guy, looks like he's the team captain of WestHigh the Falcons.

During their time-outs the cheerleaders perform their stunts. After their last performance Holly waved and winked at me, i frowned so i look around "maybe it's somebody she knows standing behind us?" i said mentally and my eyes land to maddison's direction, she gave holly a sharp glare.

"She surely waved at you bailey!" grace giggled "yeah i saw that too!" tom added "that's weird, she's so close to you lately. I never thought holly will be gay?" emily snorted.

"I dont think so she's just friendly, and maybe it was somebody else she knows around here somewhere guys.." i explained and they look at each other "Nah!" they said in unison laughing.

"Oh come on guys!" was all i said and they giggled. I rolled my eyes and snorted "oh look kyle's waving at you Em!" i teased her "what, where?!" she exclaimed happily when I lied.

"Hahaha gotcha!" i said then she pushed me annoyingly "you stupid!" she said while laughing.

After few minutes of intense game. One of our team member Tigers stumbled and crashed to the floor, falling hard "oh my god! that's caleb!" Grace exclaimed, a worried expression on her face.

We saw that he exclaimed in pain while the other teams came closer to check on him, everyone was shocked to see him. Good thing the medic came asap "We should take him to the hospital immediately! Get out of the way!" one of the medic commanded.

Still the show must go on "I hope he'll be alright because if not, i dont know whats gonna happen on our team. Even though we have Jake.." Grace said sadly.

"What you mean? Is he the best player?" i asked her worried and she sighed heavily "Jake, Alex and Caleb are the top players in this school and if one of them are out, they cant carry the whole team. Alex, Kyle alright but Jake and Caleb are the best. Now one of them are gone in the middle of winning the game, we cant guess especially that David wont give up until they win. He's a monster player and the biggest enemy" she explained.

"That's true they've been targeting that guy for three years, good thing we have them. Jake is the point guard same goes to Alex while Caleb is the best defensive player on the team. Meanwhile that David, he got all the kinds of position in the court. He can be the best shooter and the dangerous defender and only Jake and Caleb can manipulate him" Tom added.

"Wow Tom i never thought you'll be an expert on this?" Emily said amazed "Yeah pity your the ex-team member because all you can do was spend a lot of time on the bench and give them water if they needed it" Grace snorted and shook her head, disappointed.

"No im not! they just wont give me a chance to play" Tom argued "Really? last time i saw you play, you got hit on the head with the basketball and you collapsed!" We burst out laugh and I spilled the soda that I was drinking, Tom makes a silly face, shaking his head in embarrasment.

__________________________________________________

The game still continued until the last quarter for 10 minutes. Unfortunately just like how they've expected, Northwood Tigers loses the game again.

David succeeded in winning their team how awful! and by the way, david and his friend was the one who tripped caleb badly in the first place. They've planned it wisely to lost our best defender.

"God please, i hope caleb will recover quickly" i prayed mentally.

After the game we headed outside in the parking lot, tom will ride us home with their car "Oh i need to pee" grace said hastily and ran to the nearest restroom " you'd better hurry up or i'll leave you behind" Tom shouted and Grace gave him a dirty finger.

"Wait, im coming with you!" emily followed. While waiting standing in front of his car "Hi bailey.." Peter greeted, i raised my eyebrows and smiled in response.

"Hey pete" i said gently and i grabbed tom's hand before he tries to escape the scene.

"Are you guys going home?" he asked flatly "yeah well tom will take us home so.." i said smiling, he nodded slowly and tom was whistling cheerfully to himself trying to teased me.

"Listen..uhm, is it okay if i can take you out tonight? Or ma-maybe ride you home?" he said all of a sudden, i try to catch my breath for a moment "he's asking me out! Dude its midnight already OMG! what will i say?" my mind said

"I..i'll just be in my car bailey" tom said simply trying not to laugh "No! No please dont leave me here hangin..You! Ugh!" i said mentally i wasn't able to reply to him.

"leave her alone!" my eyes widen in disbelief when maddison snapped at us with holly "Im just asking ba--" she didnt even let him finish when she scoots him away from me.

"Go!" maddie yelled at him and peter walk away while scatching his head. Maddison look deep into my eyes but she noticed that tom was behind me inside his car, she started to walk away with holly.

But holly ran back and took me by surprise when she gave me an unexpected kiss on the cheek that was close to my lips! i gasped.

"What the!" i said mentally "Bye bailey" she ran back to maddie while she gave holly a sharp glare again.

"What just happen?" i mumbled "well i tell you what.. Maddie scoots peter away from you that's weird while holly almost kiss you on the lips!" Tom teased me grinning while he crossed his arms.

"Shut up tom!" i said sternly "first i thought maddison is gonna make a scene again and im about to call emily but i've notice that nothing happen so i just watched you guys" he said hastily and shook my head.

"Oh my god what happen?" Grace approach excitedly and we talk about it inside the car about holly almost kiss me to my lips they even exclaimed happily like they've been possessed by a cockroaches.

"Guys! maybe a friendly goodbye kiss? Come on.." i said trying not to laugh, emily was surprised too about maddison's behaviour towards me earlier.

"Maybe she's not in the mood, remember Caleb is in the hospital? maybe they were in a hurry" Grace said curiously.

__________________________________________________

In the middle of the night while doing my homework at home, i received a text message "Hi bailey! What are you doing? -H"

Huh, Who's H? wait holly? i dont remember giving her my number..

"Hi..Holly is this you?" i replied "wow you know it already!" she replied "how did you get my number?" i asked "it's a secret ;)" she replies.

Wow she's really unbelievable "okay.. im doing my homework, how about you?" i replied.

We texted for almost half an hour, she never said anything about the kiss she did earlier so i didnt even bother to ask "because its a friendly kiss" my mind argued.

Also she did tell me that Caleb got fractured on his right leg, so he might be out of the game and it will take a months for him to recover or worst a year!

This is really bad! whats gonna happen to our basketball team?