CHAPTER 30 - Family Dinner

Family Dinner

After the game everyone disperses outside, Jake announced that he's gonna held a party to his house tonight and everyones invited. Of course me on the other hand are really not into parties but it's rude not go to just for a minute. Jake also insist my aunt to come and she oblige.

I was walking right next to maddison and my aunt was having a fun conversation with Adelaide in front of us. "Bailey!" David called me from behind, I was holding an ice bag on my cheek.

"David, hey... you coming to the party?" I ask, maddison stops beside me, folding her arms "i-i don't think I'm invited" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"What? Of course you're invited your part of this team too" I respond "how's your nose?" completely ignoring me "im-" I was about to answer but maddison butt in "bleeding, what you expect" she spat, he ignored her "I'm sorry about what happen, my friend was just-".

"Being a stupid jerk who hurt people in the game, that's what you guys are, right? or aren't you forgetting what you did to caleb before?" She snapped in a mocking tone.

"Maddison stop" I turn to her "what, its true" she snorted and shrugs "besides it's his fault that you got hurt" she added sternly.

"Okay that's enough! I'll see at the party Dave.." I grab Maddison away from him and she rolled her eyes on me.

"You're still inviting him?!" She said in pissed "I'm not, Jake said everyones invited so that includes him. Let just go please.." I told her softly as I grab her hand again.

She groans and roll her eyes on me, sighing sharply. I'm glad that my aunt and her mom are too far away from us.

As soon as we get to my auntie's car still in deep discussion with Ms.Anderson "Mom, eliz.. I'll drive Bailey to jakes house we'll meet you guys there..." she told them and before we protest she just dragged me with her and get inside her Mercedes-Benz car.

"I can't believe your still talking to him" she cut the tension during the ride "and I can't believe we still arguing about this" I rolled my eyes and gazed outside the window next to me she's getting on my nerves, She lets out a long deep breath.

When we arrived to jakes house and stare at the big house he got... full of glass windows surrounding it. Everyone was having fun already with drinks on their hands "Wow..." was all I said.

"Yeah he's rich and all, now come on" Maddison stood next me and pulled me, my friends greeted us as soon as we get inside.

"Do you want a drink?" Maddison asks "just a juice or soda please" I replied then she walk through the middle of the crowd.

Teachers, coach and some varsity parents joined in "glad you could make it" Jake spoke right next into my ear, closer... because the music is kinda loud at the moment.

"Thanks for the invite, I can't believe you pull this off in such short notice" I response "it's already planned, besides... I really do have a feeling that we're gonna win" he winked as he drink the red cup to his lips.

"Do want me to get you a drink?" He smile sweetly "I already have it" Maddison snaps sternly and hand me my drink "okay..." he raise his hand up and walk through the crowd.

"Do you always have to scare people away... that's kinda rude" I said taking a sip of my juice she shrugs in response and leaned closer next to me.

She interlocks her fingers with me slowly and pressed her lips on the back of my hand Oh now she's getting softie... alright.

"Hey girls!" Ms.hale approach us and gave us a hug "congratulations again! oh and maddison can you come with me for a minute, take the other cheerleaders with you" she said flatly.