Bitter

"If I was there... I would never let it happen!" he snapped furiously. "Do you know who it could be?"

"No. We're still looking for him. She said whoever it was, she was gonna get him. Do you think she can kill him?"

"Anyone in self-defense is capable of killing. When I have my own affairs, I will help you" he assured.  "I just want you to keep your snout padlocked until I get my business done. I want to prepare to talk to her, but wait longer after something like that. I don't want to upset her any more."

         I was a little suspicious of that boy. He didn't look good, and I had mixed feelings about his style of expression. His words, at least for me, were a bundle of threads that are tangled together, but not having any connection to each other. He appeared to be at least nervous and kinda ill. He rubbed his hands a lot during the conversation, and it was difficult for him to focus on me.

"So I can count on you, right?" he asked looking straight into my eyes. When he threw a question, he tilted his head to the right side.

"You can," I agreed, reluctantly. "Don't worry," I added and got into the car.

         Even then, a bad feeling ran through my neck. I didn't like the fact that he traveled the whole country for her. I didn't think he meant any good. My confidence was too high...

           Alden met me again just as I was having lunch. After lunch, I was going to visit Raven at the stable.

"I hope you keep quiet," he said, joining me. "Tell me... does she have someone?"

"I do not know. Probably not" I lied.

"Did you mention... a friend?"

"Everyone has friends, right?" I replied.

"Right," he said with a sigh.

          Ronnie then walked over to the table.

"Can I have a sit or am I interrupting?" he said.

"No," Alden snorted. "We're gladly welcoming you," he smiled.

          Ronnie gave him a strange look.

"But we'll talk later..."

"Something happened?" I asked.

"Later, man. Not to be mean but this is our business." he looked significantly at Alden and then at me.

"Who's the typo?" he asked as Ronnie left.

"My friend," I replied.

"Ah yes," he nodded with a sarcastic smile. "He must be a great person, right?"

         Alden's ferocity surprised me. Yesterday he mixed up his words, and today he showed his aggressive side. I wasn't surprised Raven was running away from him. He was a very unpleasant person.