Fear

"Yes, but it was actually a bit... different. She was addicted to me in a way."

"Because she lived with you and was dependent on you?"

"Yeah. And she was taking drugs from me."

"What did she give you in return?"

"I didn't want anything from her. Then, for being with her, she wanted to help me with my addiction, because it was getting worse. And she put me into rehab and then I went to a psychiatrist. I suspect she had had enough of me somehow. I was depressed as a teenager. I have never treated her. Over time, my depression, when ignored, deprived me of my feelings. To feel anything, I started taking drugs" he confessed with a shrug.

"And she was taking drugs out of fear?"

"She lived constantly in panic fear that she would be left alone. Because she couldn't cope with aggression. She was also depressed almost all the time. All I know is that when she was left alone... at least for one day, she wanted to die, because she saw no point in later life."

          Alden turned off for a moment and then continued:

"She's had strange inclinations since I met her. She liked death, all the things about it. I took it for fantasy. The sadness, which is funny, she forcibly crammed it not with pills, but just sitting in death. It was amazing for me to know someone who is interested in this and is not impressed by the sight of the body. She also watched films where people were killed. I honestly don't know if it is possible to live death, but it was like that. She lived death. That was before my rehab."

"Which class did they kick her out?"

"After a year. We knew each other for about half a year and then she freaked out and beat that chick. I have the impression that she wanted to be kicked out and that's why she got caught doing drugs."

"Why would she do that?"

"She was sixteen, had problems, so school disturbed her. Without school, she had me all the time and needed nothing else. It really hurt me that I never left her, but she did," he added regretfully. "I hope she will explain it to me," he mused. "Don't tell her I'm here. I want to talk to her myself."

"Someone attacked her almost a week ago," I said.

"How's that?" he was surprised.

"Someone threw the ax as she was with her friend in the car"

           Alden looked at me reproachfully. The chill in his eyes turned to anger.

MURDERER'S CONFESSION I [✅]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें