Interrogation

A/N- I. AM. SO. SORRY GUYS!! School has been crazy and I have had absolutely NO time to write!!! But here is the long awaited chapter! I'm so sorry it took so long! But comment and let me know what you think, what you wanna see, and how you liked it! And what you think of Alex and Sapphire (; VOTE!! :D Love you guys <3

-----------------------------------------------------

The ride to the court house was tense and awkward. So tense and awkward that you could reach your hand out, cup the air in your hand and you would be able to feel the tension in the air. It was that bad.

          After much of Alex’s denial, begging, and pleading for me to believe that he had nothing to do with the murder of my brother; he finally agreed to have Scooter drive him down to the court house to answer some questions. Scooter said he didn’t want to believe that he was somehow involved, but he still had to do his job.

          Did I believe he was involved? No. But then there’s the whole situation of his fingerprints being on the gun that was used in the murder and that’s what was eating me. How did his fingerprints even get on there in the first place? Did he even own a gun? There were so many questions and not enough answers. And I needed answers.

          I could feel Alex’s eyes boring into the back of my head but I refused to look at him. I made the mistake of glancing at him in the rearview mirror just to see his pale face with his bloodshot eyes to go along with it. He looked terrible and it’s a sight I could never take back. So since then, I’ve been staring straight at the road in front of us, or listening to my uncle murmur things to himself, watching as his grip on the steering wheel tightened to where his knuckles turned white, then relaxed again just to start the same cycle again.

          I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, watching as we came closer to the court house. Watched as it grew bigger and more menacing and how it seemed to tower over Scooter’s pickup truck.

          He parked his truck in the back and slid out, slamming the door behind him. I mimicked his actions but froze when he beat Alex to opening his door. He motioned for me to come over to him. I dragged my feet on the gravel and stood beside my uncle. He took a deep breath before speaking.

          “Son, I don’t think you’re guilty here,” he spoke to Alex, “I don’t want to think you’re guilty. You’re a good kid and you seem to bring out the best in my niece and that’s all I could ask for right now.”

          “Thank you.” Alex breathed out.

                Scooter gave him a short nod before scratching his mustache. “I don’t want to have to do this but there’s a video camera pointed directly at us so I have no choice. My boss in watching.” He sighed.

          “What’re you talking about?” I asked.

          Before he could answer, he whipped out a pair of handcuffs and had them wrapped around Alex’s wrists in a split second. Alex’s eyes grew wide and he looked like he was about to puke at any given second.

          “I’m sorry kid.” He whispered to Alex, “If they say you’re guilty and have absolutely no proof, I will personally escort you out with no problems at all.”

          Alex nodded, showing he understood. That’s probably all he could manage to do.

          In one swift motion, he clapped a hand on Alex’s shoulder with a heavy sigh and led him toward the door, leaving me behind. I slowly trudged after them, not wanting to have to deal with this.