A Twist

A/N- BRACE YOURSELVES.

--------------------------------

           The next morning, I woke up to the sensation of someone lying beside me. Not just beside me, but they also had their arm wrapped firmly around my waist and their face buried in my neck. I scurried out of bed and sprinted over to my door just to see a startled Alex turning over in bed, his wind-swept hair sticking out at odd ends. I let out a sigh of relief and slowly walked back over to the bed.

          “Everything okay?” He asked, his morning voice begging me to just run over to him and hug him and tell him how adorable it is. I mentally punched myself for thinking that and forced myself to nod.

          “Just forgot you were here.” I reassured him.

          “Will you come lay back down with me then?” he yawned.

          I hesitated but found my feet dragging myself over to him and back into bed. I lay down beside him but not all the way next to him and he didn’t try to hold me like he was doing when I woke up. He probably didn’t want to startle me again.

          “Did you sleep well?” Alex yawned again, his eyes drooping.

          I nodded, “I did. Best sleep I’ve gotten in a while.”

          A tired smile found its way to his lips. “Any reason?”

          “I don’t know.” I lied. I knew it was because he was there and that I felt safe for once in my life.

          He didn’t answer me. He was too tired to I guess, but he wasn’t tired enough to throw his arm over my waist and pull me to him. My body tensed up but he showed no signs of discomfort.

          “Um, Alex?”

          “Hm?” he moaned.

          “What’re you doing?” I asked as casually as possible.

          “Laying here.” He mumbled.

          I sighed. “What else?”

          “Holding you.” he whispered.

          “Why?”

          His eyes opened slightly and met mine. “Do you not want me to?”

          “Well I mean,” I shifted my eyes to stare at the wall, just anywhere else but his face, “I don’t know.”

          He sighed. “We need to talk about last night.”

          “There’s nothing to talk about.” I insisted, even though there was a ton to talk about. I kissed Alex. Well, Alex kissed me but I kissed him back.

          He put his index finger and thumb on my chin and turned my head towards him. “Yes, there is.”

          I looked down and mumbled, “I know.”

          “Did you like it?” he asked with full confidence.

          “What?” I asked, startled.

          He raised his eyebrows in that, “You heard me” gesture and waited patiently for me to answer. I didn’t know what my answer was going to be, actually. Did I like it? I realized last night that I did, in fact, want him to kiss me. I wanted it so bad. And when he did, it was so different from the other kisses I shared with the other guys I’ve been with. Good different, of course. But the question now is: Did I like that “good different” feeling?