Delete This Before I Delete You

My eyes slowly opened. Yet another dream kept me from getting a good night’s sleep. Is it normal to dream about your past?  About your memories? They say that dreams are a summary of your day or something like that. The mind is a complex thing. I try not to question it too much.

          The events that happened the previous night came rushing back to me. I remember pushing Rita down and possibly hurting her. I remember smashing my window with my chair then shimming out of it and next thing I knew, I was here. At Alex’s. And Toby. Toby was gone. I can’t seem to bring myself to believe that just yet. Maybe I was in denial. But maybe denial was the safest place to be right now.

          I opened my eyes wider and looked around. It was then I realized that I was still at Alex’s. And that my head was on his chest. His much toned, bare chest, might I add. I sucked in my breath. His arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me close to him. I carefully leaned up to look at him. His head was turned to the side, his mouth slightly open. He actually looked very peaceful.

          I was too busy taking him in to hear the click of a camera in the background. Once I registered what had just taken place, my head snapped up and I looked around the room. My eyes landed on Cameron who was standing in the middle of the room, a high tech camera in his hands, a smirk plastered on his face. When he saw me sending him daggers, he almost dropped the camera and I could see his cheeks growing red in the dim light. He quickly hid the camera behind his back.

          “I-I thought you were sleeping.” He stammered.

          “I’m clearly awake.”

          “Good morning?” he suggested, slightly shrugging his shoulders, trying to smile at me.

          In one swift motion, I leaped out of Alex’s bed, not caring if I woke him up and chased Cameron out of the room and down the hall. He was fast, but not fast enough. I tackled him to the ground right before he was able to close the door to his room. I got off him and towered over him, snatching the camera out of his hands.

              “Now,” I said calmly, “you’re going to delete this picture before I delete you.” I threatened.

          “What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked, hands raised in defense, still pinned on the ground.

          “I don’t know, just delete the picture!” I said, giving him the camera back, unable to figure out how to work it.

          He sighed and got up off of the floor, turning to go in his room. I stopped him, placing a hand on his shoulder, turning him back to me. “No, I’m going to watch you delete it.”

          He sighed again, and moved to stand next to me, deleting the not one, but multiple, shots of me snuggled up to Alex in his bed. How had I not heard him come in or heard the clicking of the camera? Was I seriously that out of it? I shook the thought off and turned to Cameron.

          “Thank you.” I grimaced.

          “Yeah, yeah.” He rolled his eyes before retreating to his room.

          I smiled proudly at myself and turned around to head back to Alex’s room. But I stopped short, as I saw him standing there in the doorway, half awake. I sucked in my breath when I saw he was just in his boxers. How had I not noticed that? Note to self, always to a double check to make sure Alex has clothes on.

          “Sapphire?” he asked, yawning.

          “Yes?”

          “Why are you killing my brother?” he chuckled tiredly.

          “Because he was going to use something to most likely, blackmail me.”

          “I was not!” Cameron shouted from his room.

          I rolled my eyes. “So um, I guess we should get ready for school.”  My eyes trailed over to the grandfather clock in the hall just to see that it was already eleven o’clock.

          “Crap.” I muttered.

          “It’s okay; you deserve a day off anyway.” Alex waved it away before retreating to his room, motioning for me to follow.

          I walked slowly into his room, a few steps behind him. I don’t think he’s realized what he’s wearing. He plopped down on his bed while I awkwardly stood there in the middle of the room.

          “So what was Cameron doing to you?” he asked a little more awake.

          “He just took a picture of something, I made him delete it.” I waved it off like it was nothing.

          “A picture of what?” he asked, tilting his head to the side.

          “Of us! A picture of us, okay?” I exclaimed, a little heat rising to my cheeks.

          “Are you blushing?” he teased.

          “I don’t blush.” I argued, looking away.

          He got up and came and stood in front of me, cupping my chin in his hand, making me look at him, taking in my features. “Everyone blushes. I’m sure you do all the time, but no one notices because you hide yourself beneath all that makeup you wear.”

          “So everyone blushes, huh?” I asked.

          He nodded.

          “So what if I told you you’re only in your boxers right now?”

          He let go of my chin and looked down just to see that he was, in fact, just sporting a pair of red plaid boxers. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone’s face get that red in all my life.

          “I um…” he trailed off.

          “Should go get dressed?” I suggested.

          “Yeah.” He said before grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt from his closet.

          “You can go freshen up in the bathroom or whatever.” He mumbled.

          I nodded and grabbed my bag from its’ spot in the corner and headed to the bathroom. I scrubbed my teeth clean, ran a brush through my hair, and swiped on my deodorant before pulling out my change of clothes which was a pair of grey skinny jeans and a Pierce the Veil t-shirt. For once in my life, I didn’t feel like putting make up on. There’s something wrong with me. I stuffed my pajamas back in the bag and headed back to Alex’s room. The door was only slightly open so I quietly knocked on it before stepping in. He was sitting on his bed, messing with his phone.

          “You okay now?” I teased.

          “Ha-ha.” He laughed sarcastically. “So what’re we doing today?” he asked, gesturing for me to sit beside him.

          “There’s one thing that I have to do.” I re-worded.

          “Which is?”

          “Find out what happened to Toby.” I said a hint of determination in my voice. 

-------------------------------

A/N- lol!! what're we gonna do with Cameron? anyways, i usually don't update this story this quickly but i felt like it so here it is! I'm going to dedicate this story to ElainaLombertino2749 because she commented on the last chapter saying she stayed up all night reading my story and that means so much!! so comment and let me know what you guys think? (: also, i started a new story so if you could check that out, that'd be great!! sorry if this chapter is shorter than usual! anyways, thanks! bye guys! je t'aime! love, me (: