I Thought I Told You to Expect The Unexpected

A/N- PREPARE YOURSELVES.

----------------------------------

 Little unpacking and lots of procrastination later, I was finally done. It took about three hours to unpack the few boxes that I had and set them up in my room. Alex helped, or tried to anyway. He kept getting distracted by Casper who he claims is his new best friend since Casper doesn’t yell at him to keep unpacking.

          My room was about five times larger than the one at Rita’s. Plus, it was much nicer too. The walls were a plain white color, with black Christmas lights going around the top. A chandelier was hung gracefully in the center of the room. A black rug was placed on the floor, and a huge full length mirror stood in the corner. There were two double doors to my right which were covered with black curtains which must lead to the little balcony I saw earlier. I haven’t looked in my closet yet, but according to Scooter, it was a big walk in closet. There was a separate door to my left which led to a decent sized bathroom which I was thankful for. This was already too much, no telling how long it would take me to adjust to this lifestyle. Scooter said he had this room designed especially for me.

          I wrapped my arms around myself and sighed. How was I going to get used to this? I was snatched from my life at Rita’s, which I wasn’t complaining about, but I was thrown into this world that I was completely unprepared for. I wasn’t used to this life of luxury. I was used to fending for myself and only worrying about myself, my brother, and Ariel. But now, there were new people in my life. Alex, Cameron, Austin, and Scooter. Just to name a few. I have them that I feel obligated to worry about now. More so Alex over the others. No matter how many times I pushed the feeling down or how many times Ariel mentioned his name to me, I still got those annoying little butterflies in my stomach that I just wanted to stab every time they fluttered.

          Alex was spread out on my bed, eyes fluttering shut, Casper curled up on his chest. It was quite cute to be completely honest. It even brought a small smile to my face. A light rasp on the door sent me jumping and spinning in midair. I took a deep breath and opened my door. Scooter was leaning against the doorframe in his uniform. When he noticed that I opened it, a wide smile came on his face.

          “Did you get settled in okay?” he asked.

          I nodded. “I did. Thank you for this,” I motioned to my picture-perfect bedroom.

          He waved it away like it was nothing. “It’s no problem at all. I’m just glad I could have my niece with me.”

          I did my best to smile.

          “Look, I’m really sorry I have to leave you on your first night here but I have a problem I gotta take care of down at the station and it could be awhile. I could stay if you want me to.” He suggested.

          Alex chose this time to snore as loud as possible causing Scooter to scrunch his eyebrows and crane his neck to look inside my room. “That boy is still here?” he chuckled, “are you two an item?”

          I shook my head frantically. “No, not at all.”

          “But you want to be. I saw that little spark in your eye when I mentioned it,” he winked causing my cheeks to flush, “don’t wait up kid, I’ll see you later.” He waved before descending the steps.

          I sighed in frustration and shut the door. I refused to give anyone the satisfaction in saying that maybe I was growing a few tiny feelings for Alex. It was just a harmless crush. It would go away in due time.

          I waited until I heard Scooter’s car pull out of the driveway before heading out onto the balcony. The cold air hit me right in the face, causing me to shiver, wishing I had more than shorts and a t-shirt on. I shrugged it off and sat on the little swing outside. The sky was already dark, but the lights from the city cast off a glow, making it hard to see the stars. And I loved seeing the stars. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them to try and keep warm. I don’t know how long I was sitting out there for, but my hands, toes, and face were pretty much frozen.

The doors leading to the balcony slowly opened and a sleepy Alex walked out. He yawned and plopped down next to me, burying his face in my neck. I did my best to give him the, “What the heck?” look but my face was frozen from the cold. I felt him chuckle against my neck, sending chills down my spine, before sitting up.

“Aren’t you cold?” he asked.

“Mmhmm.” Was all I could muster up.

His eyes slid over to me. “Well no wonder, you’re not wearing much. Let’s go back inside.”

“I c-can’t,” my teeth starting chattering, “I’m frozen.”

A laugh escaped his lips, causing a puff of white air to appear. He slipped his arms around me and before I could protest, carried my inside and literally threw me onto the bed. I scurried under the comforter and would have fallen asleep right there, if it wasn’t for the warmth of a body next to me. It was then that I realized that Alex had climbed into bed next to me. I rolled onto my back and stared up at the ceiling, absorbing the silence. I had almost fallen asleep again when Alex started talking.

“Do you want me to stay with you tonight?”

I paused. “Cameron, though.”

“He text me, he’s at a friends’. My mom’s still out of town, are you really gonna make me stay home alone? Even after someone broke in a few days ago?” he pleaded.

          I rolled onto my side to face him. “Someone broke into your house?”

          He rolled onto his side to face me, as well. His chocolate brown eyes boring into mine. “Yeah. As far as I know, nothing was taken which was kind of pointless. Not worth calling the cops over.”

          I nodded. There was nothing more that I could say, really. I licked my lips and stared at the gap that was between Alex and I. Deep down, I knew I wished that that gap was nonexistent but my mind screamed at me to shut up.

          Alex reached over and brushed a stray piece of hair behind me ear. “So is that a yes?” he whispered.

          It was hard to concentrate on answering when his fingertips sent little sparks down my body. “To what?”

          He traced his fingertip down my cheek to my jawbone. “To me staying with you tonight.”

          I searched his eyes, looking for any sign of some sort of joke but found none. And before I knew it, I found myself saying, “Yes.”

          A smile spread across his face and he moved closer to me, causing my heart beat to accelerate. I brought my shaking hand up to his face and traced the outline of his lips. They formed a smile which I traced as well. We laid there in silence a few more minutes when Alex once again broke the silence. He has a habit of doing that.

          “Do you trust me?” he whispered.

          I thought a moment. Did I trust him? In all honesty, I did. He had seen me at my worst and had helped me through a lot and he was still here. He didn’t run off like I expected him too. So I nodded, confirming that I did trust him. I don’t think he knows how big of a deal that is for me.

          “Then will you let me do something?” he whispered again, leaning closer to me. I found myself not moving away and shouting no, but nodding, encouraging whatever he was going to do.

          And before I knew it, the gap between us was nonexistent; our bodies pressed together like a puzzle piece. His lips lightly pressed against mine, hesitant at first. Tingles engulfed me, making me shiver. He took that as the sign to keep going and wrapped his arm around my waist, balling the end of my shirt in his hand, and pressed his lips to mine again, this time with more hunger. More passion. His lips molded into mine, and I was surprised to find how perfect my top lip fit in-between his lips. Thousands of fireworks exploded in my heart and I feared that he would be able to feel the pounding of my heart through his shirt but right now, I didn’t really care.

---------------------------

A/N- DID ANYONE ELSE SCREAM OR JUMP FOR JOY LIKE I DID?!?!? <3 WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR THIS CHAPTER. WHAT HAPPENS NOW?  DUN DUN DUN.