791

Human Life

There was someone in the trees behind them, or rather it could be said that they were not in the trees, rather they were on the small path that they had just come from. Feng Yu Heng’s group of three knew martial arts and that person was not actually sneaking around. The footsteps sounded very steady, and the time between each step was the same. It should be a very particular person. It was just when they heard the sound, they found that the person had stopped part way and did not move to go back or hide. They just stood there and did not move, which caused some doubts to appear in her heart.

Was this not eavesdropping from behind the corner? Although there were no walls, just standing behind them without making a sound and without leaving while listening to three girls talk, what was the meaning of this? But those steady and orderly footsteps caused Feng Yu Heng’s heart to move. A glint of light also flashed through her eyes, as she quickly turned around and happily called out: “Seventh brother!”

Hearing her call out like this, Wang Chuan and Huang Quan also reacted. But of course, to be able to walk like this while standing in the back without feeling any improperness, it would definitely be His Highness the seventh prince. Thus the two happily turned around. As a result, however, they were stunned along with Feng Yu heng.

“Uh… that…” Feng Yu Heng scratched her head, “So it was sixth brother!”

The two servants quickly saluted, saying: “Your Highness the sixth prince.”

The person that had come was the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng. At this time, he also felt a bit embarrassed; however, he also came out when he saw Feng Yu Heng leave with a strange look. When he came out, old ninth was being held by their drunk Father Emperor to chat. It was just that he did not want to meet with her in such an awkward way. Instead, he hoped to appear openly and greet them. Unfortunately, the people ahead had hearing that was much too keen. He was thinking about getting closer before speaking up; however, he had been discovered. Xuan Tian Feng excused the salute from the two servants before saying to Feng Yu Heng: “Younger sister do not blame me. I did not intend to follow behind you and originally planned to come and greet you, but I did not think that your hearing would be so sharp.” In the end, he did know some martial arts, but his meager amount was just enough to strengthen his body. It was completely unable to compete.

Feng Yu Heng saw that it was the sixth prince and was a bit surprised; however, she definitely did not believe that he had some sort of evil plot. She had said earlier that he was sneaking around and using those sorts of words to describe this person was truly lacking in manners, thus she apologized: “I’m sorry, sixth brother. I didn’t know it was you.”

Xuan Tian Feng shook his head, “It’s fine. Younger sister only thought that I was seventh brother. Thinking about it, seventh brother usually interacts with younger sister quite often.” As he spoke, he walked over. A modest gentleman, he was not quite as aloof as Xuan Tian Hua; however, he also had a refined appearance that could not be neglected.

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “That’s right, seventh brother was raised by Imperial Concubine Mother Yun. He is close with His Highness the ninth prince, so it’s natural that we would interact a bit more.” She smiled at Xuan Tian Feng. Seeing him approach, she turned back around, and the two faced the lake together. On this night, the entire palace was decorated with lanterns, and there were lanterns hanging all around the large lake. There were two pavilions in the middle, and the decorations there were even prettier. Feng Yu Heng said: “Thinking about it, sixth brother also couldn’t tolerate that play and came out for a breath of air, right?”

Xuan Tian Feng nodded. Although it was the truth, he still felt a bit guilty. After all, he could still endure it a bit longer. If he had not seen Feng Yu Heng come out, he would not have also exited; however, he would never admit such a thing. He just chose a different topic to cover it up.